Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

Just looked at Harmony for August 2021.  New category listed: (cb) Connecting balcony rooms priced at $600 more Per Person than ocean view!!! What in the world?? didn't see this category for Harmony before! Same cabins in august 2020 still priced and listed in the regular ocean view balcony cabin category. Just a way to take more $$ from families? It's the same room as regular balcony (size etc) just with a connecting door! Part of their new and improved customer experience I guess..very annoying. I guess they prefer kids unsupervised next door or across the hall? I'll pass.

Edited by seasidemama
  • Like 2

I was looking at the 2021 Mediterranean Cruises.  I only see ROS and Harmony leaving out of Italy.  Both only doing 7 days.  Do you think they will be adding more cruises?  We had wanted to do a 10-14 day cruise to including Turkey.  Or is this the schedule?  

5 hours ago, MADflyer said:

While Adventure and Liberty are the two ships scheduled for the major "Royal Amplified" revitalization, Jewel did have a dry dock in 2016 and would be considered due. 

Press in Dubai had reported that when Jewel of the Seas returned for the 2021 season that she would have new Spa Cabins as an upgrade, which would indicate at least some sort of dry dock time was planned. 

Is that to say that it is expected that Jewel will be making another Suez trip from Rome to Dubai in late 2021?

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

I can't seem to find this cruise...I saw it a few days ago but it keep disappearing !!!

With regard to the May 28 2021 British Isles cruise on Jewel - I have not seen it on the website today.  I happened to be on the phone on another matter with a Royal Vacation Planner this morning when all the British Isles cruises were released to that department.

34 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

Is that to say that it is expected that Jewel will be making another Suez trip from Rome to Dubai in late 2021?

No, they have cancelled the 2021-22 Dubai season and Jewel will transfer to the Caribbean. 

30 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Explorer must come to Copenhagen. Royal will not leave the Baltic which is the highest prized cruise market globally with just a handfull of longer Jewel cruises from Amsterdam. 

Not one single AN itinerary from Southampton in 2021 is the 14n Baltic.... I cannot believe they will leave that route empty - surely a 2nd ship from Southampton???  I have heard Radiance class (which is perfect for northern climate)  but which one is unallocated?

5 minutes ago, little britain said:

Not one single AN itinerary from Southampton in 2021 is the 14n Baltic.... I cannot believe they will leave that route empty - surely a 2nd ship from Southampton???  I have heard Radiance class (which is perfect for northern climate)  but which one is unallocated?

If Brilliance stays in the Caribbean no Radiance class is left. Only Explorer for Southampton or Copenhagen.

32 minutes ago, little britain said:

Wish they would get on and let us know.

9 hours ago, seasidemama said:

Just looked at Harmony for August 2021.  New category listed: (cb) Connecting balcony rooms priced at $600 more Per Person than ocean view!!! What in the world?? didn't see this category for Harmony before! Same cabins in august 2020 still priced and listed in the regular ocean view balcony cabin category. Just a way to take more $$ from families? It's the same room as regular balcony (size etc) just with a connecting door! Part of their new and improved customer experience I guess..very annoying. I guess they prefer kids unsupervised next door or across the hall? I'll pass.

As a current connoisseur of connecting cabins for our kids... this is a very big risk/reward strategy.  

They’re attempting to monetize the value of connecting cabins (With a significant premium) for families but in reality it will probably price some families out of taking a RC Cruise.   Their “bet”’ is that the premium revenue collected wIll exceed the number of people that adversely select a competitor.  

What will we do?  Since we will have a 17 / 15 year old (at that time), we are fortunate not to NEED connecting rooms.  As a result we will not pay the premium and book non-connecting rooms. Then hope that this strategy gets reversed a can switch into a connecting room.

Am I upset that they’re implementing this pricing strategy? No.  They’re a for profit business and attempting to maximize their revenues.  I do the same (or inverse depending on your perspective) for my finances and look to minimize my expenses.  

8 hours ago, MADflyer said:

No, they have cancelled the 2021-22 Dubai season and Jewel will transfer to the Caribbean. 

I guess I misread your post about press in Dubai saying Jewel would return with new cabins to mean that when it returned in the 2021 season it would be in Dubai again. Really hope they do have a similar Suez sailing again in 2021. We were really looking forward to that.

9 hours ago, ckmommy said:

I was looking at the 2021 Mediterranean Cruises.  I only see ROS and Harmony leaving out of Italy.  Both only doing 7 days.  Do you think they will be adding more cruises?  We had wanted to do a 10-14 day cruise to including Turkey.  Or is this the schedule?  

I called Royal yesterday, I'm looking at the Greek Isles on Odyssey out of Rome, which usually includes Turkey. Those date will be released the week of Dec 9th

• Like 2

We have never been interested in a cruise this far out, so I apologize if this has been answered.

I have noticed that there seems to be only one ship-Jewel- in the Baltic’s so far.  We love the Jewel, but we really wanted to make a stop close to Berlin.  That stop was on the itineraries for 2020.

Is it possible that all the cruises for the Baltic’s have not been announced yet?

Edited by TinkBellaMom

5 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Explorer must come to Copenhagen. Royal will not leave the Baltic which is the highest prized cruise market globally with just a handfull of longer Jewel cruises from Amsterdam. 

I hope we see more Baltic sailings! There are so few with this new batch! 

14 hours ago, Jax129 said:

I'm kind of scared to see what Odyssey prices are as well. Been planning this cruise for so long, I'm going for the itinerary not the ship but I'm excited about Odyssey. We're going regardless, just bracing myself for a higher rate than expected. 

Looking forward to booking Odyssey to Greece, but seeing the way they price Anthem I do not feel good about Odyssey being cheaper than Anthem considering its a new ship.

Though Anthem itineraries to Norway are really good with the overnight in Geiranger

2 hours ago, Scottee25 said:

I guess I misread your post about press in Dubai saying Jewel would return with new cabins to mean that when it returned in the 2021 season it would be in Dubai again. Really hope they do have a similar Suez sailing again in 2021. We were really looking forward to that.

Wonder of the Seas should do a Suez sailing from Southampton or Barcelona to Dubai in Spring of 2021. 

Latest predictions 

Adventure  -  Galveston – revitalization- Baltic / Bayonne / ???

Allure   -  Miami year round

Anthem  -   Bayonne / Southampton /  ??? (frequent pattern at St. Maarten Jan./Feb 2022?

Brilliance    Tampa year round  (likely with new summer Cayman Islands bookings)

Empress  -   Miami / Bayonne?

Enchantment   -  Baltimore year round.

Explorer    -  Miami /  ????

Freedom -  San Juan year round

Harmony -  PC / Barcelona / ????

Indy -  ??? PC or  Bayonne / Port Everglades  (summer bookings at St. Maarten)

Jewel  -   Suez/BCN / AMS NE /BI / BCN / Miami  

Liberty  -  Galveston until October / revitalization / ???  

Majesty   - New Orleans year round

Mariner   -  PC  3 / 4 night

Navigator  Miami  3 / 4 night

Oasis  -  PE year round

Odyssey   - PE / Rome / PE

Ovation   - Sydney / Seattle / Sydney

Quantum  - Beijing / Singapore

Radiance  - / AK one way Seward / Vancouver / HI / Brisbane

Rhapsody  - Tampa / Venice / Tampa

Serenade   -  HI  / Vancouver / ???

Spectrum   -  Beijing

Symphony  -   Miami year round

Vision  - Port Everglades / BCN 12 night / Port Everglades

Voyager  - Sydney / Singapore

Wonder – Southampton/BCN/Dubai/Shanghai

4 hours ago, MichiganMan4 said:

As a current connoisseur of connecting cabins for our kids... this is a very big risk/reward strategy.  

They’re attempting to monetize the value of connecting cabins (With a significant premium) for families but in reality it will probably price some families out of taking a RC Cruise.   Their “bet”’ is that the premium revenue collected wIll exceed the number of people that adversely select a competitor.  

What will we do?  Since we will have a 17 / 15 year old (at that time), we are fortunate not to NEED connecting rooms.  As a result we will not pay the premium and book non-connecting rooms. Then hope that this strategy gets reversed a can switch into a connecting room.

Am I upset that they’re implementing this pricing strategy? No.  They’re a for profit business and attempting to maximize their revenues.  I do the same (or inverse depending on your perspective) for my finances and look to minimize my expenses.  

I totally agree and think that if someone really wants this type of cabin they will pay for it. I imagine they either have these cabins as a separate category or are moving that way.   In the past, I have read people’s comments suggesting that you book such a room with an empty adjoining room in hopes that you will be upgraded or moved and compensated.  This keeps the rooms available for people who truly want them.  I think that is infinitely more fair than keeping them at the same price and people who need them not being able to get them or forcing other people to move to accomodate your desire for a connecting room.   Royal IS a business and I suppose they are trialling this as a way of revenue enhancement and as a way for people who most want access to be able to get that access. It’s been happening on airlines for a long time with charges for various preferred arrangements.