Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

Just checking the 2021 schedules for sailings to St. Petersburg.  They appear to be RT Amsterdam.  In 2020 they are Copenhagen - Stockholm. Going back and forth to Amsterdam adds 2 sea days. Anyone know why this changed?  I've been to Amsterdam and don't want the extra sea days.  I can't go in 2020 and I don't like the 2021 sailings. Guess I'll look elsewhere.

14 minutes ago, cruisinderek said:

does RCL not allow repricing anymore??

Only up until final payment.  After that you can get upgraded at no cost if a room category above yours is cheaper than what you paid but you won't get any money back.

I should qualify..this is on US bookings..some countries have different rules when it comes to this.

Edited by AshleyDillo

1 minute ago, cruisinderek said:

OK, that was what I thought so the original price doesnt matter

Pretty much.  If you're definitely going to book that cruise no matter what, might as well lock in the room that you want and play the repricing game.  Only cost to you is the opportunity cost of your deposit that Royal holds.  Also need to remember that repricing will negate some OBC offers, so that needs to be considered.

3 hours ago, uncannyvalleys said:

Anyone have an inkling on how far in advance they will announce itineraries for South Pacific, Australia, and New Zealand for 2022?

I assume you mean the cruise season from Oct 2021 to April 2022.  If they follow the pattern of previous years, these would go on sale in March or April next year.  All of these usually go on sale at once, although the deployment of a new ship may well be released separately.  

Keep following this trail as they could be released earlier.  

8 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

This is the only Empress for 2022 showing on the UK and Ireland site....ouch!!!  That is my cruise budget for 2-3 years!!

Empress.PNG

I do not know if you are only interested in a Suite or not, but I am sure the other cabin categories are not yet sold out for a cruise in 2022.  I would keep checking back to see when they open up the other cabin categories for booking.

I was just flipping through RCCL's website and saw some of the 2021/2022 sailings posted that were mentioned on the previous page of this thread and then they were gone.

I noticed the Oasis was out of Miami on December 12, 2021

Empress and Freedom sailing from San Juan

Rhapsody out of Tampa for March 19, 2022 (was about $650 Canadian for and inside cabin)

Vision 11 day cruise out of FLL on March 7, 2022

Someone must be playing on their website.

1 hour ago, Russ Lomas said:

I was just flipping through RCCL's website and saw some of the 2021/2022 sailings posted that were mentioned on the previous page of this thread and then they were gone.

I noticed the Oasis was out of Miami on December 12, 2021

Empress and Freedom sailing from San Juan

Rhapsody out of Tampa for March 19, 2022 (was about $650 Canadian for and inside cabin)

Vision 11 day cruise out of FLL on March 7, 2022

Someone must be playing on their website.

It's common right before week of release. Test load... But, Royal IT. Nothing more needs be said

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Haha 1