Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

I have read this thread from start to finish and I understand there are many home ports. The port I am waiting for is Rome. The 2020 cruises to the holy land leave from Rome so are there any predictions about royal doing this run again in 2021. There are three sailings in 2020, one in October and two in November, seems to be scheduled just before they do their TA. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Edited by britty1

2 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

I would love RCI to put on a few cruises with stops in Iceland - currently it is only transatlantics. I might have to stray to Celebrity to get to Iceland.

Brilliance is offering a 12 night cruise from Amsterdam on August 9, 2020 that calls in Iceland. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Brilliance is offering a 12 night cruise from Amsterdam on August 9, 2020 that calls in Iceland. 

How did I miss this??!!

This is absolutely perfect , except that we will be on Adventure on those dates!

I will look out for it in the 2021/22 release - it's the type of cruise you need to book on release - the prices for the 2020 cruise are eye watering!

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

The number of times Explorer of the Seas is booked into Gibraltar in 2021 compared to 2020 certainly gives me the impression that the ship on this booking must be based closer then Civitiavecchia.

Nah, it's probably a replacement for Palma de Mallorca which I think tends to limit the number of ships visiting due to overtourism. It is booked to Piraeus and Villefrance so it will pretty much do the same itineraries with minor ports alterations such as adding Gibraltar on its Western Med route.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

3 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Or she comes from Southampton and sails mainly Med itineraries.

Southampton all the way to Piraeus? And with only 7 days itineraries? Impossible cause it is registered one week in Piraeus and the other to Villefrance & Gibraltar. So one week Eastern Med and the other Western.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

24 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Southampton all the way to Piraeus? And with only 7 days itineraries? Impossible cause it is registered one week in Piraeus and the other to Villefrance & Gibraltar. So one week Eastern Med and the other Western.

Maybe one of these bookings is Voyager.

It is starting to look like Voyager Civitiavecchia and Explorer Southampton. 

Just now, springaussie said:

Maybe one of these bookings is Voyager.

It is starting to look like Voyager Civitiavecchia and Explorer Southampton. 

It could be place-holder registrations but I find it dificult to see Voyager in Europe. There would be signs in at least one port. And Royal currently has listed so many ships in Europe that I doubt they would bring another one here.

My hope is that since Jewel is sailing into Spain in March,(2021) and will be due for a dry dock, that she will sail from Civitavecchia during the summer    

Edited by Jax129

On 8/9/2019 at 5:48 PM, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

On 8/9/2019 at 5:45 PM, Trixie21 said:

I would love RCI to put on a few cruises with stops in Iceland - currently it is only transatlantics. I might have to stray to Celebrity to get to Iceland.

I am hoping for something like this too, in 2021. Otherwise it will be Celebrity for us as well.

Edited by jrmende63

5 hours ago, Jax129 said:

My hope is that since Jewel is sailing into Spain in March,(2021) and will be due for a dry dock, that she will sail from Civitavecchia during the summer    

No because they need this size of ship for Baltic and Norway ports in the summer months. She should also not be due for a dry dock in 2021 and comes in and out via Med in 2019 and 2020 as well.

I'm hoping for the Beantown & Beaches cruise out of Boston in 2021 with my mother.  Usually Serenade or Brilliance, correct?  Radiance isn't my favorite class (did Jewel on our Canade/NE cruise), but the itinerary is intriguing.

55 minutes ago, furloughedagain said:

Wonder why RCCL waits so long to book summer 2021? 

This is their "normal" release pattern - might cut down on the number of itinerary revisions later and gives them a chance to see what the competition is offering.

Probably a dumb question. Relatively new to RCCL. On Disney, Castaway Club members were given the first crack at itineraries before the general public. Is that the same with Crown and Anchor on RCCL? Do they have the opportunity to make bookings before they become available to the general public? And if so, how do you find out when bookings open?

we are interested in a popular itinerary and want to get it on the books as early as possible.

Edited by furloughedagain

RCCL announces their deployment release schedule in advance, letting you know the week various itineraries are released. The actual day the itineraries are released they'll also include the date they are available for booking and Crown & Anchor members have exclusive access to book beginning one day prior to that; the announced day is the day they open to everyone.

Keep in mind that basically anyone who has ever been on at least 1 Royal Caribbean cruise (or has a matchable status on Celebrity or Azamara) is a Crown & Anchor member. I forget now what they say... 11 million members, or is it 14 million? Still it doesn't really narrow it down much. 🙂

Edited by dswallow

3 hours ago, dswallow said:

RCCL announces their deployment release schedule in advance, letting you know the week various itineraries are released. The actual day the itineraries are released they'll also include the date they are available for booking and Crown & Anchor members have exclusive access to book beginning one day prior to that; the announced day is the day they open to everyone.

Keep in mind that basically anyone who has ever been on at least 1 Royal Caribbean cruise (or has a matchable status on Celebrity or Azamara) is a Crown & Anchor member. I forget now what they say... 11 million members, or is it 14 million? Still it doesn't really narrow it down much. 🙂

I have NEVER been notified by RCCL in advance the day before. For a couple new ships, when I KNEW that the itineraries had been released to C&A members the day before, when I called RCCL and told them I wanted to book I was even told that "RCCL has no such ship". 😂 Only after insisting that yes, there is such a ship and it's open for bookings, did they look into it and realize I was right. I rely on CC for my up to date news!

3 hours ago, dswallow said:

Were do they announce there deployment schedule. I don't believe I have ever seen an official deployment schedule.