Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

4 hours ago, Jack McGowan said:

Which ships out of SAN Juan in 2021? 

if you go back a couple of pages, I posted a chart of 2021 by ship's home-port.  It's not complete as Royal haven't release every little bit of info, but it's about 80% full now.

2 minutes ago, scottbee said:

if you go back a couple of pages, I posted a chart of 2021 by ship's home-port.  It's not complete as Royal haven't release every little bit of info, but it's about 80% full now.

I have seen this, very helpful thanks. So no ship in summer then, maybe Indy?

7 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

I have seen this, very helpful thanks. So no ship in summer then, maybe Indy?

I'm pretty sure that they would have confirmed by now if there was a ship in San Juan. If there was going to be one, it would have made more sense to keep Freedom there and put Indy in Bayonne.

1 hour ago, Jack McGowan said:

Is there not normally a ship in San Juan at the time she is in NJ then?

There have been a few summers over the last 20 years that RC left SJU without a ship.  Most years there is one ship there during the summer...but not always!

1 hour ago, NateUpNorth said:

We switched from a San Juan sailing to a Miami sailing just this year.

Once we factored flight costs - 9 nights out of Miami is saving us $1500 - $2000 above the 7 night out of San Juan........ 

Agree.  Flight prices have increased dramatically over the last 3 or 4 years.  We are looking at switching our 2020 and 2021 sailings to depart FL rather than SJU for that very reason. Sad because we love SJU and much prefer the islands you get to from there....but comparing airfare/cruise fare we can do FL cheaper and have a newer ship! 

2 hours ago, Jack McGowan said:

Independence & Explorer? Any ideas? Maybe Southampton for one of them?

All ships that are supposed to sail Europe are already announced: Odyssey, Harmony, Anthem, Adventure, Jewel, Vision, Rhapsody. Explorer and Independence weren't mentioned, but Eruope phase II (including Odyssey and Adventure) is supposed to be open for booking by week of Dec 09, 2019, so maybe another Southampton-based ship will be announced as well. RC is known for last-minute decisions.

Other bold question: Did anyone think about that Brilliance could do a longer Boston season in summer and fall?

Consider NCL's succesfull Boston seasons in summer and fall they're having for years now!

I am sure Brilliance will do the 7 night Bermuda and Canada/NE runs in fall 2021, so maybe she will already be based there in summer?

I wouldn't know which other ship could do the Boston itineraries in 2021, because the other ships for Canada/NE should be allocated already:

-Freedom: 9 nights from Cape Liberty

-Adventure: >10 nights between Cape Liberty and Québec City

-Enchantment: 8 nights from Baltimore

Vision shouldn't return on the Northeast itineraries in fall, since she is scheduled for Europe until late October 2021. 

Edited by shipfriend_max

2 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

All ships that are supposed to sail Europe are already announced: Odyssey, Harmony, Anthem, Adventure, Jewel, Vision, Rhapsody. Explorer and Independence weren't mentioned, but Eruope phase II (including Odyssey and Adventure) is supposed to be open for booking by week of Dec 09, 2019, so maybe another Southampton-based ship will be announced as well. RC is known for last-minute decisions.

Other bold question: Did anyone think about that Brilliance could do a longer Boston season in summer and fall?

I am sure she will do the 7 night Bermuda and Canada/NE runs in fall 2021, so maybe she will already be based there in summer?

I wouldn't know which other ship could do the Boston itineraries in 2021, because the other ships for Canada/NE should be allocated already:

Vision shouldn't return on the Northeast itineraries in fall, since she is scheduled for Europe until late October 2021. 

When I asked RC they told me to “keep my eyes peeled through November & December” in relation to another ship from southampton

8 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

Consider NCL's succesfull Boston seasons in summer and fall they're having for years now!

I am sure Brilliance will do the 7 night Bermuda and Canada/NE runs in fall 2021, so maybe she will already be based there in summer?

Brilliance is already confirmed via press release for Boston in the fall for the 7N itineraries, and has port bookings in Grand Cayman over the summer.

Empress will also be in Cape Liberty and Montreal through the summer and fall per press release.

Not sure what ship could do the more regular 10/11N itineraries between NJ and Quebec besides Adventure (or no ship at all).

Vision is confirmed to go from Barcelona straight to Fort Lauderdale. 

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Some other questions I have: which ship will do the 9/5N cruises from Miami? Jewel's calls in KW (from Miami, to Grand Cayman) on every other Monday suggest she could do them. That would suggest a 5N cruise departing on Sundays, like Explorer has been doing.

I was thinking Explorer or Indy would do 4/5N from PE during the summer, but not sure now since they weren't mentioned in the press release. 

1 minute ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Some other questions I have: which ship will take over the 9/5N cruises from Miami? Jewel's calls in KW (from Miami, to Grand Cayman) on every other Monday suggest she could do them. That would suggest a 5N cruise departing on Sundays, like Explorer has been doing.

I'm thinking Explorer or Indy will do 4/5N from PE during the summer. 

Would these not have been announced with the other short Caribbean ones

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It’s not worth the mental anguish in trying to figure out why they are doing things differently.  Celebrity just released a whole bunch of sailings a week early.  Once they start releasing them you just need to watch daily as the release schedules can change. .  

Every year though I still wonder why RCI is always practically the last cruiseline to publish their deployment. On occasion, waiting for RCI has caused me to book with the competition because they announced first and had an itinerary that I liked. I'm sure the delays putting out their deployment also affects those here who have to put in a vacation/holiday request for work way ahead of time to get their preferred dates.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

See what the competition is doing and line up charters.

So you think that's the main driver for them. I hardly ever look at the charters but I see your point. From a business standpoint for them, I can see the practicality for trying to get the most charters to maximize guaranteed revenue. 

1 hour ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Brilliance is already confirmed via press release for Boston in the fall for the 7N itineraries, and has port bookings in Grand Cayman over the summer.

Empress will also be in Cape Liberty and Montreal through the summer and fall per press release.

Not sure what ship could do the more regular 10/11N itineraries between NJ and Quebec besides Adventure (or no ship at all).

Vision is confirmed to go from Barcelona straight to Fort Lauderdale. 

Brilliance also shows up on the port of Amsterdam for summer 2021, every 12 days as a turnaround (ie sailings from Amsterdam).  https://www.ptamsterdam.com/cruise-calender/2021/  

48 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Every year though I still wonder why RCI is always practically the last cruiseline to publish their deployment. On occasion, waiting for RCI has caused me to book with the competition because they announced first and had an itinerary that I liked. I'm sure the delays putting out their deployment also affects those here who have to put in a vacation/holiday request for work way ahead of time to get their preferred dates.

I guess it depends on which dates we are talking about.  If you look at the Caribbean in 2022 the only other line that has sailings is Carnival.  It's a whole lot better now than 2 years ago when we had to wait until March / April

54 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

3-4 months earlier than two years ago😉

Oops

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, scottbee said:

Brilliance also shows up on the port of Amsterdam for summer 2021, every 12 days as a turnaround (ie sailings from Amsterdam).  https://www.ptamsterdam.com/cruise-calender/2021/  

Yes, but Brilliance was pulled from Europe. Jewel is taking her place in Amsterdam. There is discussion about it earlier in this thread.

47 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I guess it depends on which dates we are talking about.  If you look at the Caribbean in 2022 the only other line that has sailings is Carnival.  It's a whole lot better now than 2 years ago when we had to wait until March / April

46 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

3-4 months earlier than two years ago😉

Oops

True that, and that’s good.

Because Carnival came out with theirs sooner, we went with them for December 2020 (Legend) and March 2021 (Mardi Gras) for Itinerary and price. Now if I was cruising solo, I would swap my December 2020 Carnival Legend for Odyssey. But since we are big group and most want to do Panama Canal, it won. So Odyssey is now later as we talked about Ken, December 2021 or March 2022.

I

2 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

So you think that's the main driver for them. I hardly ever look at the charters but I see your point. From a business standpoint for them, I can see the practicality for trying to get the most charters to maximize guaranteed revenue. 

We are Lucky, until last yr we were still waiting, back couple yrs ago wasn't until April for first release with last dates not until June. Problem is now with 2+ yrs out on some these more likely Cruises are Chartered, Canceled or ships deployed different areas

3 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

Vision itineraries for the entire month of October up until the TA have not been announced.  The Jewel TA has also not been announced.

1 hour ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

True that, and that’s good.

Because Carnival came out with theirs sooner, we went with them for December 2020 (Legend) and March 2021 (Mardi Gras) for Itinerary and price. Now if I was cruising solo, I would swap my December 2020 Carnival Legend for Odyssey. But since we are big group and most want to do Panama Canal, it won. So Odyssey is now later as we talked about Ken, December 2021 or March 2022.

I'd like to find a deal on Mardi Gras

8 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Was Adventure sailing from Cape Liberty included in the Press release?  I am not finding Adventure listed. 

She is not listed in the press release, it's just my speculation. However I expect RCI to deploy a ship larger than Empress on the one way itineraries betwen Cape Liberty and Québec City, they've done so recent years Maybe also Explorer will be the ship sailing up to Québec.

Further, Empress is already offering itineraries going up to Montreal.