After 4 years we are finally cruising next week

1of4

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

DS is already on the water.  Will he still be on the water when you board your boat?

Roy

Yes!  He will be paddling south on Hudson Bay when we board on Wednesday.  I sent away a just-turned 15 year old and after all the portaging and harsh conditions he has dealt with I wonder who will return!  He’s a great kid on an adventure of a lifetime and he wanted no part of Paris if it meant no canoeing!

As of Friday night he was here...nearly there

97EBEDBF-0162-4180-A453-1FE91D82BC2A.thumb.jpeg.8f4e39d538b5232bfada3613addf5393.jpeg

5 more days of paddling to reach the Inuit settlement of Kuujjuarapik 

AA4C5643-187B-48C6-AF8F-52A509CE066F.jpeg.c0f3cebe9bb1640d6791b6b78d6322d5.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know I have finished my review of our 11 day Scenic cruise down the Seine and back to Paris.  It was spectacular!

If you are curious about river cruising you can find on page 1.  Sorry I thought I had the link copied but I had done something else in between and lost the link.😒

For those nervous about water levels, understandably, The French rivers do not summer the same consequences as the Danube or Rhine.

23 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Here is the link to 1of4’s wonderful report.  I really appreciated the effort you put into this.  It was great to read about river cruising from the perspective of someone familiar with HAL.  Thank you @1of4!

Thanks so much @Miss G for posting the link.  Re-reading my post I am reminded why I try not to post after 2:00 in the afternoon!  Geez I just make no sense.  Thankfully you understood.

For the record, I meant to say the French rivers do not suffer from low water levels as they are not dependent on snowmelt and rain for their water.  If you like smaller boutique type hotels then you will probably enjoy river cruising.  The attention each passenger is given is not matched on any ocean cruise (HAL, Princess, Disney plus a smaller Greek line) that I have been on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Thanks so much @Miss G for posting the link.  Re-reading my post I am reminded why I try not to post after 2:00 in the afternoon!  Geez I just make no sense.  Thankfully you understood.

For the record, I meant to say the French rivers do not suffer from low water levels as they are not dependent on snowmelt and rain for their water.  If you like smaller boutique type hotels then you will probably enjoy river cruising.  The attention each passenger is given is not matched on any ocean cruise (HAL, Princess, Disney plus a smaller Greek line) that I have been on.

That’s good to know on the French Rivers - thank you, Gail 🙂

Invaluable advice.  Your thread was great and I am so glad you enjoyed your time in Paris and on your cruise ❤️ 

Sounded close to perfect to me 🙂 

• Like 1