WAlks of Italy Pristine Sistine

Cruiseaholic07

Good Evening,  we are going to Rome in November, and we are looking at doing the Vatican. My wife wants to do an early tour, and we were advised of Pristine Sistine. Has anyone done this before, and what your thoughts and experiences are?  Any other tour providers that are similar? Thank you.

We did the "after-closing" tour of the Sistine Chapel in 2016 and it was still so crowded that you could hardly move.  I hope that your early-morning experience will be better [but I'll never find out, because I don't do mornings!]

I recently did this tour and was extremely happy with this company and our tour guide. We were there early and very glad we did it this way as it was so hot outside, and as you will soon find out, the Vatican does not have air conditioning in many areas. We also used this company for the coliseum tour as well. The guides are very knowledgably, make sure to take restroom breaks and point out areas where water bottles can be refilled. We would definitely use this company again.   

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 6:57 PM, jcu1210 said:

Good Evening,  we are going to Rome in November, and we are looking at doing the Vatican. My wife wants to do an early tour, and we were advised of Pristine Sistine. Has anyone done this before, and what your thoughts and experiences are?  Any other tour providers that are similar? Thank you.

Walks of Italy is wonderful.  We did the Pristine Sistine tour in May.  Our guide was wonderful.  Just know that you will meet early but the Vatican doesn’t open until 8.  The line is much shorter than for those not in a tour group.  Our guide used the time waiting to give us a map of the Sistine Chapel and explain all of the pictures so we would know what we were looking at when we went in there. When we entered we walked straight through to the Sistine Chapel first.  Enjoy the walk through with no one there because you will realize later how crowded it can get.  I felt the Sistine Chapel was more crowded than I expected at that time but it was still easy to see.  After this tour I realized the only way to do the Vatican is with a tour guide!  Enjoy!

P.S.  we also did their Galdiator’s Gate tour of the Colosseum and it was fantastic.

Walks of Italy is definitely the way to go. The groups are kept to a relatively small size, which makes moving thru the crowds easier. We did this in June of 2018 and our group of 24 kept passing thru a group that seemed to number 250 (can't imagine being in a group that large). Seeing the Vatican with someone who knows what they're talking about is wonderful. Aside from pointing out the must-sees, he also showed us things you would not see if someone didn't point them out (like the Star(s) of David embedded in the floors of some of the galleries & where to stand to get a picture of your ticket fitting into the painting it comes from). We also used them for the Colosseum/Forum and the Rome Like a Local tour.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We also went with Walks of Italy last October for the Pristine Sistine tour and the Top Tier Colosseum tours. 

We felt that both tour guides were excellent and very knowledgeable. It was money well spent. At first we had

booked a VIP  Underground Colosseum tour but the powers that be had cancelled that for the tour company so we

did the Top Tier Tour which we really liked. We never regretted going with this company!