any experience with old coffee card lately?

compozer

1 minute ago, Griller said:

Just sold my last 3 in one lot on Ebay for $4.99 inc shipping. One unused and the others with some punches left.

We don't cruise again until 13th September so they would have been useless.

Good while it lasted.

We've still got a bunch.

For $4.99 including shipping it's just not worth the trouble.

We've even offered them for free to a club we belong to & had no takers. 

They'll go in the trash or maybe be sold on eBay as Princess memorabilia some day.:classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

The fact that they are still honoring these "with no questions asked" is rather unremarkable since we are still 22 days away from 8/31/19.  But what I am curious to know is whether they will interpret their rule to be a "hard and fast" 8/31 cutoff, or whether they will apply it to cruises that commence after 8/31.  By way of example, there are a number of cruises scheduled to set sail on 8/31.  And there there a number that depart earlier in that week that continue on into September.  Are they going to punch the card on 8/31 but not 9/1 right in the middle of the cruise?  The literal wording of their policy would seem to suggest as much:

• Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019.

If they really do that, can you imagine the line at the IC on 8/31 as people with unused punches start to order "rounds for the house" getting coffees for everyone on the ship until the punches run out?  It will be like "Oprah".  "You get a latte. And you get a latte.  And you get a latte..."

On September 1st they will prolly start taking them at security.  😎

• Haha 1

My prediction is that any cruise underway when the deadline hits means cards will be honored to end of cruise.

I won't be surprised to see a thread on here after Sep 1 with a poster stating that on this-or-that ship old punches were still honored - even if for a one-time courtesy.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 4:36 PM, pjrockman said:

Yup, simple as the dress code...elite tendering tickets...specialty dinner for suites only on the first day...reserving theater seats...vacant ‘held’ deck chairs after 30 minutes...bathing suits in public areas other than pool decks...who is included in the picture package...kids in adult only areas... Folks please feel free to add all of the simple policies and rules that are dependent on who is doing the enforcing.  Never asked what should happen, only said it will be interesting to hear what happens.

Safe Journeys, Paul

Well, yes, you can not "reserve" specialty resturant  for the first day unless you are a in a suite but you can go to the restuarant and see if they have any openings.  My daughter's b'day was the first day of the cruise and they let us eat dinner in the Crown Grill.

I gave 2 of my coffee cards to friends. They just came back from Alaska they used up both cards with no problems. 

I still believe Princess lied to everybody. ‘’When they said your coffee card will be good on your next cruise”.

Some people may have purchased their cards 2 years ago and have not gone on a cruise since then. But all coffee cards are going to expire on August 31, 2019.  

Tony

1 hour ago, caribill said:

How about those with 15 unused punches?

Whether it be 15 or one, in the scheme of things why is everyone so exercised about it? I expect most of the time full unused cards are those gained by swapping out a mini bar set up so in monetary terms have not cost anything.

8 hours ago, steelers36 said:

My prediction is that any cruise underway when the deadline hits means cards will be honored to end of cruise.

I won't be surprised to see a thread on here after Sep 1 with a poster stating that on this-or-that ship old punches were still honored - even if for a one-time courtesy.

I hope so.  We're on the CB from 8/19 - 9/4 and it would be a bummer for Princess to deny the coffee card for the last 4 days.  I have one with 2 punches left and two that have never been touched, so it's use 'em or lose 'em!

On 7/31/2019 at 11:25 AM, travlngar said:

How do you think the staff will react to a "Ace of Latte" unused card? I sent one off along with some leftover New Grounds cards to be used by a family on an Alaskan cruise before they expire?

I had an unused Ace of Latte a couple of years ago with a couple of punches left. The barista had to find a supervisor to find out what the card was.

9 hours ago, suzyed said:

Well, yes, you can not "reserve" specialty resturant  for the first day unless you are a in a suite but you can go to the restuarant and see if they have any openings.  My daughter's b'day was the first day of the cruise and they let us eat dinner in the Crown Grill.

I don't understand this statement since the "Cruise Night Coupon Book" gives you a buy 1 get 1 free coupon for the first night.  This coupon book is available to any cabin on the ship through a TA or special offer.

33 minutes ago, famski740 said:

I don't understand this statement since the "Cruise Night Coupon Book" gives you a buy 1 get 1 free coupon for the first night.  This coupon book is available to any cabin on the ship through a TA or special offer.

I don't think that a reservation is available ahead of getting on the ship but they certainly give you a preferred time slot on the first night after boarding. 

If you eat early as we do there wasn't a problem but people that choose a popular time like 7-8 PM might want to lock in the time when they first board.

I'd venture to say if the restaurant was packed for your choice of time they might allow you to shift the use of the coupon to another night.

Between the suites & coupon users the restaurant might be quite crowded the first night although we didn't see that problem on the Crown Princess. 

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I don't think that a reservation is available ahead of getting on the ship but they certainly give you a preferred time slot on the first night after boarding. 

If you eat early as we do there wasn't a problem but people that choose a popular time like 7-8 PM might want to lock in the time when they first board.

I'd venture to say if the restaurant was packed for your choice of time they might allow you to shift the use of the coupon to another night.

Between the suites & coupon users the restaurant might be quite crowded the first night although we didn't see that problem on the Crown Princess. 

Princess may  have changed their policy.  In the past, if we wanted to eat at a specialty dining restaurant on the first night, we'd have to go to the restaurant in person and see if they could fit us in. The first night was never available to pre-reserve online.  However, on our upcoming cruise, the first night was available to pre-reserve.  Don't know if it's just for this cruise or a new fleetwide policy (it's the 15-day Hawaii on the Star). 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ell52 said:

Princess may  have changed their policy.  In the past, if we wanted to eat at a specialty dining restaurant on the first night, we'd have to go to the restaurant in person and see if they could fit us in. The first night was never available to pre-reserve online.  However, on our upcoming cruise, the first night was available to pre-reserve.  Don't know if it's just for this cruise or a new fleetwide policy (it's the 15-day Hawaii on the Star). 

Personally I don't really want to use our coupon on the first night but will if forced to. The time we did use our coupon we made reservations in person at the desk. (Crown-Feb & March) 

I suspect they might like to push people to the other nights if it's really overbooked for the first night utilize the restaurant for the suite people. 

Letting suite people reserve for the first night might work in my favor since they can now revere a time slot and head waiter doesn't know for sure how many coupons might be utilized.🤞

13 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

I gave 2 of my coffee cards to friends. They just came back from Alaska they used up both cards with no problems. 

I still believe Princess lied to everybody. ‘’When they said your coffee card will be good on your next cruise”.

Some people may have purchased their cards 2 years ago and have not gone on a cruise since then. But all coffee cards are going to expire on August 31, 2019.  

Tony

Do you think there is any chance that Princess will extend the expiration date?

Edited by Mapu
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, famski740 said:

What I meant was, you usually can not pre-book dinner in the specialty restaurants PRE CRUISE..  It may not always be true but I found it to be true on the cruise we took about a year ago.