DWTS coming back Fall 2019!, Dresses and more...

4 hours ago, clo said:

I just have to ask what a show like that has to do with cruising?

This is the fashion and beauty board and we talk about whether we could wear the dresses on a cruise.  Maybe it's not as relevant to cruising as it used to be since cruising has done away with formal-wear, but it's still fun to talk about the costumes.  We've been doing these threads for years.

• Like 5

In the UK they are just starting to announce the contestants for our fall start of Strictly Come Dancing. 😍😍 in September. My fave show so icompleyely with you ladies about DWTS. I think the UK borrowed one of your judges last season. Bring it on whoa💃

• 3 weeks later...

The Stars

Added some info and ages

The Supremes’ Mary Wilson  75

Karamo Brown  38, culture expert in the Netflix series Queer Eye

The Bachelorette‘s Hannah Brown  24, just on this past spring

supermodel Christie Brinkley 65

country star Lauren Alaina  24, American Idol runner up 2011, sorry I don't know what her best song is. 

actor James Van Der Beek from Dawson's Creek

NFL legend Ray Lewis  44, played all of his 17-year professional career for the Baltimore Ravens 

The Office star Kate Flannery  55

pop star Ally Brooke   26, was in the group Fifth Harmony  

Lamar Odom  39,former NBA player, former husband of Khloe Kardashian

Kel Mitchell  40, American actor, stand-up comedian, musician, singer, and rapper.

Former White House press secretary Sean Spicer  47

Link to the cast announcement.

https://people.com/tv/dancing-with-the-stars-season-28-cast/

Here are your #DWTS pros for Season 28:

Brandon Armstrong

Lindsay Arnold

Alan Bersten

Cheryl Burke

Witney Carson

Val Chmerkovskiy

Sasha Farber

Jenna Johnson

Daniella Karagach  https://www.puredwts.com/2019/08/21/dance-champions-daniella-karagach-and-pasha-pashkov-join-the-new-cast-of-dwts/

Keo Motsepe

Peta Murgatroyd

Pasha Pashkov   https://www.distractify.com/p/who-is-pasha-pashkov-dwts

Gleb Savchenko

Emma Slater

On 8/22/2019 at 8:43 AM, orchestrapal said:

Ditto!!! 🙁

Well they did have DWTS cruises in the past on the Holland America Line a few years ago if you want a direct link.

Otherwise it's like we said about being inspired for dressing up and dancing.

We've had a forum going on for quite a few seasons of the show.

8 minutes ago, KandCsailing said:

Well they did have DWTS cruises in the past on the Holland America Line a few years ago if you want a direct link.

Okay, I'll admit that I don't watch shows like that but I've seen plenty of photos.  The 'outfits' those women wear seem beyond over the top for a cruise or any other event that real people participate in.

Image result for dancing with the stars dancers

It's not just the dancers.  

Many comment on what Erin (can't recall her last name)  wears, 

for instance, would you wear that on formal night?  Is it dressy enough? too much?

A forum for Dancing With the Stars has been going on for years!

First time anyone has questioned why it is relevant.  

Hi all!

Kerri ~ glad you started the thread, thanks.

Seems like some controversial "stars" this time & no big announcement on a morning tv show, right?

As far as relating to cruising there are lots of threads not directly cruise related but fun to participate in.

Like others have said this one has been going on for years & it's the hostess' dresses we comment on, the others are too revealing, lol!!

Looking forward to this season.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Some of the "stars" wear dresses that would transfer nicely to a cruise evening outfit.  I agree that the pros outfits not so much.

I have heard of half of the "stars" but the other half I wouldn't be able to pick out of a line-up.

It seems like forever since there was a DWTS season.  Do we know if Erin is returning?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2019 at 10:07 PM, KandCsailing said:

Royal had something similar back in 2006 on Explorer.  A dance contest was held to pick 4 couples who would work with one of the dancers to develop a short routine to be performed at one of the production shows.  My husband and I were selected, I was given a sparkly costume to wear and they did my hair & make up.  We did the cha cha, I had a great time but my husband said never again.😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

22 hours ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

It must be getting closer! Does it start next Monday?

I wonder if Len's back.

Have a nice week.

~ Jo ~ 😊

I’ve seen Len on a commercial promoting the new season so I think he is coming back.

Sherri🙂

If any of you are on Instagram, one of the DWTS costume designers/sewists is very active there. Her account is @lynnwardrobesews  I believe she's also on Facebook. Yesterday she posted a picture of the some the fabric that they're working with.

• Like 2

Tonight's the night!

and in breaking news....

Christie Brinkley has seriously injured her arm and her model daughter Sailor will be stepping in.

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/gma/story/christie-brinkleys-daughter-takes-moms-place-dancing-stars-65633506?fbclid=IwAR2nbfrQ8YJ-QKohMFTUN8jm_Oa6rGCxcHxqLcCOCMxjnppOLQ_1K7kC1GI

9 hours ago, KandCsailing said:

Tonight's the night!

and in breaking news....

Christie Brinkley has seriously injured her arm and her model daughter Sailor will be stepping in.

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/gma/story/christie-brinkleys-daughter-takes-moms-place-dancing-stars-65633506?fbclid=IwAR2nbfrQ8YJ-QKohMFTUN8jm_Oa6rGCxcHxqLcCOCMxjnppOLQ_1K7kC1GI

Adding to it talk show host Wendy Williams says Christie is faking to get her daughter TV coverage and rumors are the other young ladies aren't happy about another being added.  They didn't count Christie as much competition.

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/09/dwts-feud-stars-irritated-over-christie-brinkleys-daughters-addition-to-cast/

19 hours ago, KandCsailing said:

Adding to it talk show host Wendy Williams says Christie is faking to get her daughter TV coverage and rumors are the other young ladies aren't happy about another being added.  They didn't count Christie as much competition.

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/09/dwts-feud-stars-irritated-over-christie-brinkleys-daughters-addition-to-cast/

I can see why they would be unhappy.  Have they ever let an injured dancer have a substitute before?  They should be consistent and not pick and choose when to bend the rules.

• Like 1

I watched most of the first show last night.  I loved Erin's gown.   The silver color and shape were very flattering on her.  I didn't like Carrie Ann's dress as much.  The neckline and sleeves were a little odd and made her look wider than she is.  

I don't see how Christie could be faking her injury.  It sounded like she had to have surgery.  On the other hand, it is kind of weird that Christie was still in the hospital and the show had already talked her daughter into replacing her.  Sailor did pretty well on just a few days practice.  I liked her gown - it had a "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" vibe.  On a related note, how does Christie look so young???  Isn't she 60?

1 hour ago, CruisinCrow said:

On a related note, how does Christie look so young???  Isn't she 60?

Christie is 65!

They've subbed in last minute replacement before, but I don't think any were the injured contestants choice.

The strange part for me was the video Sailor had done in the car that they were able to show that doesn't look to me to be on her Twitter or Instagram feeds.

I was okay with Carrie Ann's gown.  Loved the colour.

Erin's was nice, different.  I think she finally had long earrings on too.

I thought the show went well.  Good, bad and will improve dancers. James Van Der Beek was a nice surprise. 

Not sure about the new ballroom look yet. 

I wonder if the trophy has been changed to look like the more modern LED screen mirror ball above the stage?

Edited by KandCsailing
I'm old and I forget stuff.