Dave’s Live from Zuiderdam Voyage of the Vikings, July 30 – Sept. 3, 2019

Welcome to my neck of the woods! Just look at the gorgeous day we rolled out to greet all the passengers and the Zuiderdam. No fog at all. 😉 

Thank you so much for the narratives along the way; they brought back so many precious memories of my Voyages of the Vikings. 
Your pictures of the Zuiderdam interior make me want to sail on her again---so much nicer than the old, garish colors I knew. 

Have a safe journey home. 

Debarkation was  pretty simple.  The called us by color and number, and we went to deck three midships, then were directed forward to the Hudson Room.  U.S. passports were inspected by CBP agents standing in the hall, others were sere sent into the Hudson Room.  We then went to the forward doors, outside, and then back along the promenade deck to the exitway.  Pretty painless.

Once ashore, we got our luggage, waited for a taxi, and went to our hotel -- we had decided to spend a night in Boston and catch an early flight tomorrow.  And, we are glad we did.  As Ruth said,

2 hours ago, RuthC said:

Welcome to my neck of the woods! Just look at the gorgeous day we rolled out to greet all the passengers and the Zuiderdam. No fog at all. 😉 

it is indeed a gorgeous day here.  We might stroll into the North End for dinner.

Thanks all of you who have complimented my blog.  I found it easier to post photos than with the old version of CC ... which is why I posted so many 😎.  I'm glad you enjoyed coming along on our voyage with us.

Many thanks,

Dave

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2019 at 12:34 PM, RetiredMustang said:

Thank you!  The next bucket list cruise booked is a Japan, Russia and Trans-Pacific Collector in April 2021.

Dave

Dave, thank you so much for the reports and photos!  We are also considering the April 2021 cruise mentioned above.  Maybe we will meet there!  Safe trip back home!

All the best!

1 hour ago, RetiredMustang said:

Debarkation was  pretty simple.  The called us by color and number, and we went to deck three midships, then were directed forward to the Hudson Room.  U.S. passports were inspected by CBP agents standing in the hall, others were sere sent into the Hudson Room.  We then went to the forward doors, outside, and then back along the promenade deck to the exitway.  Pretty painless.

Once ashore, we got our luggage, waited for a taxi, and went to our hotel -- we had decided to spend a night in Boston and catch an early flight tomorrow.  And, we are glad we did.  As Ruth said,

it is indeed a gorgeous day here.  We might stroll into the North End for dinner.

Thanks all of you who have complimented my blog.  I found it easier to post photos than with the old version of CC ... which is why I posted so many 😎.  I'm glad you enjoyed coming along on our voyage with us.

Many thanks,

Dave

Dave,

Did they have a line of ships officers lined up to say good-bye?  Off the Rotterdam they had two rows of people saying good-bye it made me sad...

Thanks again,

Lesley

1 hour ago, I Luv Crusin said:

Dave,

Did they have a line of ships officers lined up to say good-bye?  Off the Rotterdam they had two rows of people saying good-bye it made me sad...

Thanks again,

Lesley

No, not when we went through, but we were after 9:30; they may have been there earlier.  In some of the ports, we saw them lined up as we left the ship, and they greeted us as we passed.

Dave

We have had visitors, and I fell behind on my reading.  But I have read it all now, and I really enjoyed sailing along with you.  You had many ports that we will be visiting on our Viking Passage next year, and it was great to get some ideas on what to do - although for us, most will be a first-time visit and perhaps an only visit, so we may want more.  The Golden Circle in Reykjavik will be a must, I think?

Zuiderdam looks completely different from what I remember from years ago!  Much more modern and clean lines, we're looking forward to being aboard again.  

Thank you so much for this wonderful Live From!😀