Breeze/Port Canaveral: When do they kick you off the ship?

mferris77

Hi all -

I live local to the port, we'll have a friend picking us up.  Combine this with the fact that the night before we'll likely be getting our money's worth out of the Cheers program, I'd prefer to stay on board as long as possible.  Does anyone know when 'last call' is for getting off the ship before they come looking for you?

Does the fact that we'll have luggage put out the night before complicate matters?  I haven't been on Carnival since they stopped handing out luggage tags in your room, so I'm not sure what the process is or if you can choose to be the last group off the ship or something like that.

Also totally off-topic, but within the realm of the Breeze - I don't think it warrants its own thread:  Is there really no more Indian food on board?  We loved the Tandoor grill but I think that's been replaced with the Fish Fry.  We were really looking forward to some Indian food.

Thanks for your feedback!

Like you stated, just confirming Breeze no longer has Tandor. Since you mentioned Cheers, you have to be out of your cabin by 8:30 AM. So you can’t sleep in very late. If you are still in your cabin at 8:31 AM, odds are good someone will be knocking on your door. Embarkation morning is the busiest day for cabin stewards, and they need as much time as possible to turn around cabins for the next cruise.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mferris77 said:

Hi all -

I live local to the port, we'll have a friend picking us up.  Combine this with the fact that the night before we'll likely be getting our money's worth out of the Cheers program, I'd prefer to stay on board as long as possible.  Does anyone know when 'last call' is for getting off the ship before they come looking for you?

Does the fact that we'll have luggage put out the night before complicate matters?  I haven't been on Carnival since they stopped handing out luggage tags in your room, so I'm not sure what the process is or if you can choose to be the last group off the ship or something like that.

Also totally off-topic, but within the realm of the Breeze - I don't think it warrants its own thread:  Is there really no more Indian food on board?  We loved the Tandoor grill but I think that's been replaced with the Fish Fry.  We were really looking forward to some Indian food.

Thanks for your feedback

Unless there are unforeseen delays, arrival or customs, then you will be asked to leave the ship around 930am.  From experience, if you stay aboard until 930am, I would get high zone number luggage tags. The first time we stayed on board late they moved my luggage and I could not find it for about a half hour.

15 hours ago, CoasterGuy said:

That's not accurate at all. I was on the breeze last October. We didn't get off until well after 10:30. We just sat at a table on Lido deck and waited so the line at customs could die down a bit.

But you must be out of your room by 9:30 or so if I'm not mistaken... This way they can start getting rooms ready.  Next cruise boards at 11:30. 

1 hour ago, TG6 said:

Just wondering.  What is the benefit of staying around and sitting in a chair?  Is it to avoid the mad rush? I'm honestly curious.  I've only done one cruise.

I would think so.

On my last cruise, we had a later flight and wanted to minimize sitting at the airport.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I would think so.

On my last cruise, we had a later flight and wanted to minimize sitting at the airport.

On last (and first) cruise I didn't know what I was doing.  I got FTTF and booked a flight at noon.  We got something in our cabin saying we could leave at 7:00am. They never said what to do if we didn't want to leave at 7:00am.  So we did and took the shuttle and waited at the airport.  Everything went smooth and the wait didn't seem as long as I thought it would. We were about 45 minutes from the airport.

11 hours ago, TG6 said:

Just wondering.  What is the benefit of staying around and sitting in a chair?  Is it to avoid the mad rush? I'm honestly curious.  I've only done one cruise.

We live locally, we have someone we can call to come pick us up, so there's no need for us to rush off the ship.  I in no way want to get in the staff's way or have them chase us down, I just want to be one of the last people on the gangway.  I figure we will be tired, possibly a little hung over, and we are able to take our time.  If we can miss the mad rush off the ship, then we can have breakfast a little later than everyone else and sit by the pool or lobby, and by the time we're off the ship it (hopefully) won't be a mad house in the parking lot/pickup area.

14 hours ago, TG6 said:

Not the OP but our flight doesn't leave until 130 pm. I want to stay on board as long as possible lol