Is Room Service available on embarkation day ?

POF1234

It's available, but it might take a long time before they answer the phone. They're super busy.

If all you want is a snack for sailaway, that's easier to achieve by grabbing something at the IC or the buffet.

Jim

• Like 1

We have preordered the bucket of beer...they tell you to call room service to order. We could never get through. Bummer, I wanted to suprise my husband with beer. I wouldn’t depend on room service the first day. Run up to the buffet. They have lots of snack items like cheese, shrimp and cocktail sauce etc. 

Edited by terrysko2000
Auto correct

I believe room service is busy delivering all the mini bars, and other special orders during embarkation. it is probably available in the evening. If you want something for your balcony that afternoon it's easy to pick up a plate at the buffet.

16 hours ago, POF1234 said:

I was just wondering if you could order room service, thought it might be nice to sit on the balcony and have a nosh when we sail away.  (IC is also an option to get a snack). 

Thanks 

NOT available for several hours after boarding. Usually in the evening.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

You can pre-order some items through your cruise personalizer to have delivered.

That is what we do.

We also like to sip Sparkling Wine and nosh on our balcony as we are leaving port.  We have pre-ordered the vegie platter and the cheese platter from the cruise personalizer.  The cost is a nit.  Yes, you can certainly run up to the buffet and fix your own platter, but we like being pampered on the first day of our cruise.  I, usually, bring my own Sparkling wine, but I have also pre-ordered it and had it delivered to our cabin on embarkation day.

You can always order a bucket of beer ahead of time online.  When you board, there will be a card in your room and you can always take it up to one of the bars and exchange it there.  Also, you can take a plate or two of snacks to your balcony from the grill, pizza place up by the pool, from the IC or buffet to your room .... 

It's a pretty safe bet that you will not be able to get room service prior to the ship setting sail, though.  

I did have embarkation day, or almost embarkation day room service once.  We were on a Med cruise leaving from Southampton and after the transatlantic flight and an action packed day, finally collapsed into bed on the ship.  Around 2AM, I woke up hungry and disoriented about what time of day it was.  My wife was in a similar state and so I called room service to get some food.

When they answered they said "Hello, Room Service"

I said "Hello, I would like to order some food"

And they replied "Do you know what time it is?  Are you sure you are awake?"

I confirmed I was aware and awake and a few minutes later was chowing on a turkey sandwich and a glass of milk.

• Haha 1

I pre ordered canapes and chocolate covered strawberries as a surprise for my husband. They were in the room when we first arrived. Cost was minimal, and the experience was perfect for arrival.

We also pre ordered alcohol and sodas and had no trouble getting it day 1...don't remember if it was before or after sail away, but it was within 15 minutes of  calling with our request. I was also able to call to arrange our pre ordered ultimate balcony breakfast for the next morning with no problem. 

Now...this was on CB with a large proportion of first time cruisers, so ymmv. 

I have pre-ordered wine before, arrived in the room and called room service to have it delivered before sailaway.   I also call room service before the mandatory safety briefing to exchange items in our free bar setup without any problems and had them deliver it that evening.  Every pax is calling room service soon after boarding which is why it is hard to get them on the phone.  They are very busy.    

23 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

You can pre-order some items through your cruise personalizer to have delivered.

That's a great idea, I looked online and very reasonable.  Any idea when those items get delivered ? 

Thanks again, 

46 minutes ago, POF1234 said:

That's a great idea, I looked online and very reasonable.  Any idea when those items get delivered ? 

Thanks again, 

Our experience with embarkation day pre-orders has been a bit inconsistent.  There have been times when a pre-ordered nosh has been sitting in our cabin when we first arrived.  I confess, however, that is the exception.  Usually, our orders arrive prior to the safety meeting.  In every case where that did not happen, the delivery arrived while we were attending the safety meeting.

As a previous poster has indicated, if any alcoholic beverages are pre-ordered.  There will be a note in the cabin with instructions to call Room Service to arrange delivery.  An adult must sign for it.  They won't just leave it in the room.

18 hours ago, Liz_B said:

I pre ordered canapes and chocolate covered strawberries as a surprise for my husband. They were in the room when we first arrived. Cost was minimal, and the experience was perfect for arrival.

We also pre ordered alcohol and sodas and had no trouble getting it day 1...don't remember if it was before or after sail away, but it was within 15 minutes of  calling with our request. I was also able to call to arrange our pre ordered ultimate balcony breakfast for the next morning with no problem. 

Now...this was on CB with a large proportion of first time cruisers, so ymmv. 

I'm looking to order some chocolate covered strawberries and treats as well, where are those located for preorder?

scratch that, just found. Pricing for the snacks arent bad!  It's too bad they don't offer chocolate covered strawberries anywhere else on board.  We love those.  Would love to have some daily.

Edited by FloaterBoat