Freedom class rooms 1400/1700

Dan83

I have room 1700 booked next month on liberty and again on freedom next May. I’ve seen all the YouTube videos that I could find. Read several threads here and on another “blog”. Lots of good info out there, So I knew that’s the cabin I wanted to book.  We want extra space and a balcony. This is the best I could find without getting into the suites. 

Just a couple questions I had that I could not find a solid answer. 

1.  Is the windjammer or any other upper deck able to look down to see our balcony? Will we be able to look down on the lower balconies?

Are there any other privacy concerns?

2. It doesn’t appear to be a true corner aft balcony. By that I mean is there 270 degrees of ocean viewing angle?  Best I can tell there is only 180 degrees of viewing angle. Just like all the other balconies down the side of the ship. Except my 180 degrees of viewing are rotated 90 degrees. Making for an aft view.

I think maybe the deck 7 corners aft have that 270 degree viewing angle. Not sure. 

3. Can I let the kids paint the pole?  Watercolors of course. Easy to clean. And I would definitely disinfect it first. I’ve seen those pictures on this site. 

4.  Port or starboard? Any way to find out which side the ship “parks”?  I’d like to check each port to see which way the ship will be parked. 

5. Is it going to be awesome?  If not then don’t tell me. Just lie to me and tell me it’s awesome. 

Also if you have pictures, videos, or any helpful info on these cabins, I and others would love to see. If it’s something you’ve already posted, I’ve probably seen it.  Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

We had 9404 on the Independence and will be getting the same cabin on the Freedom in March.  9404 is right under 1400.  They are awesome rooms, bigger balcony and much better views on the corners.  The Windjammer sticks out and over so they cant see in, but you can look down onto the balconies below.  

Yes, its going to be awesome.

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Is there room to request an additional cot in these rooms for night time?  That would solve the problem of kids having to share the sofa bed.  

There is definitely room, whether they would allow it is a different matter that could vary with who is making the decision.  

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There is definitely room, whether they would allow it is a different matter that could vary with who is making the decision.  

Thanks for the reply!  We actually had one of the similar rooms on Mariner, but that was one of our cancelled cruises.

Just made the switch on Freedom.  We will ask when we are there if a cot is possible.  And if they don't allow it, it's still more room and has a very nice balcony.  (Funny as we started with an interior on this cruise and then just kept upgrading from there)

• Like 1