Anniversary Sale

Hazel52

33 minutes ago, Hazel52 said:

Does anyone know what the “Bonus Savings” might be, mentioned on Viking’s website for the Anniversary Sale?

I checked several cruises I'm following - nothing reduced further from last month. So I guess it's just a name they're giving this month for discounts offered.

1 hour ago, stcroixguy said:

I just talked to them about an ocean crossing and at a v level cabin it was an additional 500 per person discount. 

Can you tell me which cruise this was for and the number of days?  Thanks

It just goes to show that US  and UK and probably Australia and Canada have totally different marketing.  No sign of any Anniversary Sale in the UK.  Perhaps it may be that Viking started in US before other countries and our turn will come?  

I will watch with interest.  

On 8/2/2019 at 12:00 PM, stcroixguy said:

I just talked to them about an ocean crossing and at a v level cabin it was an additional 500 per person discount. 

One last question. Did you ask about final payment options? I.e. 6 months out?

On 8/3/2019 at 5:37 PM, lextrvlr said:

Just booked a December 2020 cruise and got discount of $500 pp along with others. Good deal!

I booked a March 2021 cruise and got the same deal as lextrvir. I was totally wrong when I posted earlier that I thought it was just a name for a standard discount.

On 8/3/2019 at 2:37 PM, lextrvlr said:

Just booked a December 2020 cruise and got discount of $500 pp along with others. Good deal!

16 hours ago, Squawkman said:

I booked a March 2021 cruise and got the same deal as lextrvir. I was totally wrong when I posted earlier that I thought it was just a name for a standard discount.

Did you both have to go through Viking to get this $500 deal?   Or could you use a Travel Agent?   Were there are parts to the cruises you booked?  Like additional discounts, OBC's, etc. ??

44 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Did you both have to go through Viking to get this $500 deal?   Or could you use a Travel Agent?   Were there are parts to the cruises you booked?  Like additional discounts, OBC's, etc. ??

1. Yes, direct with Viking but don't know if had to. Did not use TA.

2. ???

3. There were additional discounts and OBC.

4 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

I only cruise on Viking now, so I use the same Viking agent all of the time. Therefore, I don’t know if you can use an outside TA. I’m also not sure if the $500 is a static amount for any cruise - mine’s 2 weeks.

8 minutes ago, deec said:

What were the additional discounts and OBC?    Good airfare? 

“Good airfare” is relative to the cruise you book - some are free, some $1,500, and most in between. There was no additional discount on my airfare which is the lowest I’ve seen for this cruise. Regarding OBC, I have taken this option before instead of paying in full 6 months before embarkation. In the past, the OBC was the same regardless of the cruise length, so this time I didn’t even ask as I wanted to pay 6 months before embarkation. Regarding additional discounts, i received a past guest discount - this too can vary.

On 8/6/2019 at 9:29 PM, deec said:

What were the additional discounts and OBC?    Good airfare? 

In addition to the $500 there was the normal "Booking Discount," plus past guest discount ($200 pp) and air discount ($400 pp).

OBC of $200 pp (booked within 2 wks of last cruise). Very good air fare.