Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
lovescats5

Liberty Expenses Question

Recommended Posts

I know there have probably been people asking these questions but I have not found those threads so far.  We are sailing Liberty in March 2020 and I need to book drinks, food, and I guess whatever we think we will need.  I have just booked a week of internet for one and the mystery dinner for 5.  Will those things be waiting when we board?  In our suite or at check-in?  I was looking at the Premium drink package at $28 but when I went to purchase instead of the $748 they were going to charge me almost $1000.  Are gratuities added when you purchase the package, and when I purchase the dining package do they add gratuities at the time of purchase also.  I have to be honest and say that at the cost we will be adding to the suite price I could have booked a Star Class room on Anthem and probably gotten away with less money.  I would appreciate any help from anyone who has done all this on board stuff, where I my genie when I need him....on a different ship.  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

I have to be honest and say that at the cost we will be adding to the suite price I could have booked a Star Class room on Anthem and probably gotten away with less money.  

You should have, but that's highly unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about the dining but with the drink package the gratuity is added. That would account for the increase in price at checkout.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

I know there have probably been people asking these questions but I have not found those threads so far.  We are sailing Liberty in March 2020 and I need to book drinks, food, and I guess whatever we think we will need.  I have just booked a week of internet for one and the mystery dinner for 5.  Will those things be waiting when we board?  In our suite or at check-in?  I was looking at the Premium drink package at $28 but when I went to purchase instead of the $748 they were going to charge me almost $1000.  Are gratuities added when you purchase the package, and when I purchase the dining package do they add gratuities at the time of purchase also.  I have to be honest and say that at the cost we will be adding to the suite price I could have booked a Star Class room on Anthem and probably gotten away with less money.  I would appreciate any help from anyone who has done all this on board stuff, where I my genie when I need him....on a different ship.  Thanks

 

Gratuities are added on pre-cruise beverage package purchases, but not on pre-cruise dining packages ... yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

biker19...we just upgraded our Grand Loft Suite to the Owners Loft on Anthem and paid about $11,500.  The large 4 bedroom suite on Liberty cost $10,500.  For the refreshment drink package for 4 we will pay about $1000, dining $616, internet we are going cheap and just getting basic for one $82.00.  Add those up and it is more than the Owners Loft, plus I would have a genie to do all this stuff for me and I would not have to stress over when to get all the packages and book dining on board.

Which brings me to the question...do we pick up all the reservations we make when we check in or is it emailed to me before our sailing?  Thanks again for all the help.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

biker19...we just upgraded our Grand Loft Suite to the Owners Loft on Anthem and paid about $11,500.  The large 4 bedroom suite on Liberty cost $10,500.  

Which brings me to the question...do we pick up all the reservations we make when we check in or is it emailed to me before our sailing?  

Not sure a 4 bdrm suite is a good comparison to the Owners Loft.

 

You don't pick up anything. The drink package will be associated with your account and cups will be in your cabin. The same for dining reservations. The VOOM account may vary, it could be a code at the pier, or in your cabin or simply when you try to login.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

. The VOOM account may vary, it could be a code at the pier, or in your cabin or simply when you try to login.

In February on Liberty we received our internet codes at check in, attached to our sea pass cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the answers.  Have booked the Mystery Dinner and one internet package.  Have read on CC that the best time to get deals on food and beverage is during Black Friday sales so am thinking of waiting until then to finish booking, good or bad idea (I know, it is all subjective). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Thanks for all the answers.  Have booked the Mystery Dinner and one internet package.  Have read on CC that the best time to get deals on food and beverage is during Black Friday sales so am thinking of waiting until then to finish booking, good or bad idea (I know, it is all subjective). 

 

Book now and watch prices.  You can cancel and reorder if you see a lower price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve already done that once for our September Liberty B2B. Easy as could be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...