A (different) credit card question

I have a Celebrity (Bank of America) credit card.  We are taking our first Royal cruise next year. I am under the impression I can use my Celebrity card point for OBC for my Royal cruise. So question one - does anyone have experience doing this ?  Question two... if so how do I do this ? I  found BOA totally useless at the onset (years ago) and always have enlisted the assistance of Celebrity's Captain's Club rep.  I realize that obviously is not an option, since I'm not cruising celebrity.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated 🙂.

Thank you !

10 minutes ago, bboop51 said:

Yes, it looks like there is a drop down where I can assign the point from the card to Royal... cool !  Thanks 😍

Excellent, please report back if the redemption works.

2 hours ago, bboop51 said:

I have a Celebrity (Bank of America) credit card.  We are taking our first Royal cruise next year. I am under the impression I can use my Celebrity card point for OBC for my Royal cruise. So question one - does anyone have experience doing this ?  Question two... if so how do I do this ? I  found BOA totally useless at the onset (years ago) and always have enlisted the assistance of Celebrity's Captain's Club rep.  I realize that obviously is not an option, since I'm not cruising celebrity.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated 🙂.

Thank you !

I called and redeemed 100,000 points from my Celebrity Visa Monday.  Rep told me I would see the $1,000 credit toward my November cruise in about 3 weeks.  I have redeemed for OBC many times but this is first for credit towards cruise.  I prefer to call and have them do the transaction.  I then have them send email which I print for my records.

40 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

I called and redeemed 100,000 points from my Celebrity Visa Monday.  Rep told me I would see the $1,000 credit toward my November cruise in about 3 weeks.  I have redeemed for OBC many times but this is first for credit towards cruise.  I prefer to call and have them do the transaction.  I then have them send email which I print for my records.

I always call Celebrity rather than do this online. Did you call Visa ? I got nowhere with them this first time I tried ? 

3 minutes ago, bboop51 said:

I always call Celebrity rather than do this online. Did you call Visa ? I got nowhere with them this first time I tried ? 

You can't call Visa to redeem.  However, Royal has a redemption departme that can help, perhaps Celebrity has the same?

17 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You can't call Visa to redeem.  However, Royal has a redemption departme that can help, perhaps Celebrity has the same?

It was the Celebrity's Captin's Club that always did my redemption. I suspect they are not going to do it my cruise on Royal 🤨

Edited by bboop51

57 minutes ago, bboop51 said:

It was the Celebrity's Captin's Club that always did my redemption. I suspect they are not going to do it my cruise on Royal 🤨

You can try Royal's redemption people:  888-305-4626.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

You can try Royal's redemption people:  888-305-4626.

That is the number I called, Bob.  On a letter from Celebrity the number they list is 800-760-0654, and the Bank of Am number on the same letter is 800-421-2110

Grace

On 8/1/2019 at 3:30 PM, handbellplayer said:

We used our RCCL CC points for our Celebrity cruise last year.  Works like a charme through the website Bob mentioned above.

Excellent news, thanks 🙂

you might want to look at getting a royal card too usually you can get between 400-600 in credit for spending 3-5K in 3 months.

The offers tend to go up and down if you want to stay at a hotel hilton has a great offer for 4K spent.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/card/hilton-honors-surpass/?eep=26129&extlink=af-us-ccsg-HHSLM&irgwc=1&veid=S4GXkxTH0xyJTt2wUx0Mo3c3UklQ8d3ZuSg8U00&affid=1

it will cost 99 buck but would easily cover pre and post cruise hotels

Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card

Raise Your Status

LIMITED TIME OFFER
EARN 130,000 HILTON HONORS BONUS POINTS

and a Free Weekend Night Reward after you spend $4,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 4 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/28/2019

ANNUAL FEE
$ 95¤
APR

17 minutes ago, fredflint said:

you might want to look at getting a royal card too usually you can get between 400-600 in credit for spending 3-5K in 3 months.

The offers tend to go up and down if you want to stay at a hotel hilton has a great offer for 4K spent.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/card/hilton-honors-surpass/?eep=26129&extlink=af-us-ccsg-HHSLM&irgwc=1&veid=S4GXkxTH0xyJTt2wUx0Mo3c3UklQ8d3ZuSg8U00&affid=1

it will cost 99 buck but would easily cover pre and post cruise hotels

Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card

Raise Your Status

LIMITED TIME OFFER
EARN 130,000 HILTON HONORS BONUS POINTS

and a Free Weekend Night Reward after you spend $4,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 4 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/28/2019

ANNUAL FEE
$ 95¤
APR

Thanks... not sure I want to deal with another card, but I'll consider it.  But on another more important note is that a Komondor in your profile pic ? 

16 hours ago, fredflint said:

Yes it is I have had quite a few mostly rescue and was talked into showing one,   Dante was a showdog and champion  got all his points and retired.

Very cool... Over an about a 35 year period I had three beautiful Kom girls.  I got talked into a little showing here and there. We got points and ribbons but always managed to wiggle out of it before finishing. It was a time (and $$$) suck to me.  Our last wonderful beautiful girl passed away suddenly four years ago and left us desperately heartbroken. We have two rescue Coconut Retrievers from St Martin, FWI.  I expect one more Komondor is in our future.  They are THE BEST 😍.

22 hours ago, fredflint said:

Come on I have 24 cards right now according to credit karma.  The secret is not to carry a balance

credit.JPG

We watched a YouTube video about getting you cruise paid for by taking out credit cards with bonus points.  It made my head explode.  I according to credit Karma I have two. I use one.  I carry no balance.  I had a job where I had the sad task of reading people's credit reports of part of the process.. OMG.

head.jpg

6 hours ago, bboop51 said:

Very cool... Over an about a 35 year period I had three beautiful Kom girls.  I got talked into a little showing here and there. We got points and ribbons but always managed to wiggle out of it before finishing. It was a time (and $$$) suck to me.  Our last wonderful beautiful girl passed away suddenly four years ago and left us desperately heartbroken. We have two rescue Coconut Retrievers from St Martin, FWI.  I expect one more Komondor is in our future.  They are THE BEST 😍.

Yes about then same for me first Kom was actually a stray we found wandering down the dirt road we lived on, when he passed we adopted another, then another as the first was getting a little older and we had 5 acres with horses and ducks and chickens.

Then we rescued a female (from a kill shelter) that was not spayed and the owner left her chained out.  She was very male aggressive and we had to find another home for her.

Fast forward a few years and when 9/11 hit the people who adopted her left town and left her at the house outside.  I went and picked her up, at the time I had just purchased a new house and had no other pets so she was perfect.

Then was looking for another Kom and got talked into a puppy from a friend who was a breeder, deal was I had to show and get him finished, paid about 1/2 price.  Did the show stuff he did not really like it but he was still very well behaved.

Lost Kom about 2 years ago but right now just not in a good spot to have a 3rd dog that is large.  Getting someone to take care of 2 small dogs.  Walking a Kom at least all that I have owned can be a challenge, mine were always well behaved but other dogs always wanted to attack them.  Had 2 Koms I had to take to vet for dog bites.  Part is always had to hold mine back since I knew that they would not do the usual dancing that dogs tend to do but they would either slam into them and take out a leg or just bite and crush.

Pleas post some pics and I will too, one of the funniest thing Dante learned was the table command, he loved nothing more than jumping onto tables of any kind.  Mostly without being asked too!

dantehairy.jpg

dante small.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, fredflint said:

Come on I have 24 cards right now according to credit karma.  The secret is not to carry a balance

credit.JPG

I am going to guess you are way above 5/24 by now.   😱

i got piles of offers in the mails but sitting at 4/24 I don't dare to do anything.  My credit score is also well over 800.  Dang that rule. 

what do you mean by 4/24?  The funny part is my wife has relatively few cards and her score is higher than mine since my income counts towards her score.

Bad part is we have a ton of chase cards and they will not let us get anymore from offers.