Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
Cruisegirl6

NEW BRUNCH MENU

That does not look like any French Toast I have ever eaten. Doesn't even look like it's soaked in an egg wash, looks baked

7 minutes ago, coevan said:

That does not look like any French Toast I have ever eaten. Doesn't even look like it's soaked in an egg wash, looks baked

I think it's supposed to be a French toast type casserole. You place cubed bread,  a mixture of eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla in a pan, let the mixture soak into the bread overnight, then bake in the morning. However, I don't believe Carnival's recipe to be very good. Maybe I'll talk my husband into splitting an order with me when we're on the Imagination so I can see for myself how good or bad this is.

Edited by fyree39

How are the Eggs Benedict ?  

And how is the sausage ?  Do you prefer their chicken or pork sausage ?

Edited by VentureMan_2000

1 minute ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

My wife ordered Eggs Benedict on the brunches we went to. She loved them. I had a cheese omelette at every brunch. Loved them! 

6 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

And how is the sausage ?  Do you prefer their chicken or pork sausage ?

I love Eggs Benedict in the dining room. I always ask for the Hollandaise sauce on the side. My husband gets the chicken sausage quite often and says it's good. I'm a pork sausage kinda gal.

No more pop overs, no more butter,  no more this, no more that, we are tired of Carnivals many 'no mores'.  So, we have decided on our "no more', no more Carnival  (just cancelled next April's cruise on the Breeze).  We were Platinum cruisers and will miss the Dream class ships but we have discovered RCI's Allure class ships and are wowed by them , so all is good...

1 minute ago, skyeman27 said:

No more pop overs, no more butter,  no more this, no more that, we are tired of Carnivals many 'no mores'.  So, we have decided on our "no more', no more Carnival  (just cancelled next April's cruise on the Breeze).  We were Platinum cruisers and will miss the Dream class ships but we have discovered RCI's Allure class ships and are wowed by them , so all is good...

This Carnival Diamond is reaching the same point and cruising more on RC now than Carnival.

7 minutes ago, skyeman27 said:

No more pop overs, no more butter,  no more this, no more that, we are tired of Carnivals many 'no mores'.  So, we have decided on our "no more', no more Carnival  

Did you say there's s'mores? No, no'mores. 😞

Edited by sanmarcosman

1 hour ago, fyree39 said:

I love Eggs Benedict in the dining room. I always ask for the Hollandaise sauce on the side. My husband gets the chicken sausage quite often and says it's good. I'm a pork sausage kinda gal.

That technique usually works for me (sauce on side), except the second time I tried it on the Liberty a couple of months ago... eggs were solid.

Carnival is the only line which I have to utilize this "trick" on, sadly..😞

27 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

That technique usually works for me (sauce on side), except the second time I tried it on the Liberty a couple of months ago... eggs were solid.

Carnival is the only line which I have to utilize this "trick" on, sadly..😞

I specifically ask for soft eggs, telling the server if the yellow is hard I will return it, so far so good. Pretty decent hollandaise for mass produced

27 minutes ago, coevan said:

I specifically ask for soft eggs, telling the server if the yellow is hard I will return it, so far so good. Pretty decent hollandaise for mass produced

These were served on the Pride. Sitting too long under the heat lamp on the line is the cause. This is why many, many people have learned on Cruise Critic to order the hollandaise sauce served on the side.

Carnival%2520Pride%25202015%2520132.jpg&

15 hours ago, coevan said:

I'll also use my lemon (from water) to give it that essence which it often lacks.

Tom

I guess I'm reading the "JUICES" menu differently than everyone else?   I'm thinking you order by the number - so #1 would be carrot + orange juice + lime + cayenne.   Not orange or carrot or lime.

At least that's how I'm reading it.

We were on the Pride 2 weeks ago,  still has old menu and prefer the new on we had back in April on Sunrise.   We felt we had many more choices.  

As a veggie who doesnt eat eggs  I can see that I may need to be inventive by looking at various menus ( I am also a Brit so some of the choices seem a bit strange ...sorry ! )

How do they cope with someone picking items from various  dishes , rather then the whole dish? 

This might have been already posted, but the fresh squeezed OJ..If you have drink package would that be included ? 

40 minutes ago, Diggerof4 said:

This might have been already posted, but the fresh squeezed OJ..If you have drink package would that be included ? 

Fresh squeezed OJ is not included.

16 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

What time is Sea Brunch usually served?

IIRC it's 7:30-10:30. But don't hold me to it. I've slept since then lol.

47 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

What time is Sea Brunch usually served?

Normally it's 7:30 - 1:30 or so, but it often depends on the ship.

35 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

The MDR opens earlier for port day breakfast and later for Sea Day Brunch which begins at 8:30 am

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:55 AM, DallasGuy75219 said:

Some reviews have indicated the skillet cakes and 12 hour French toast are not quite the tried and true breakfast staples people may be used to...

image.gif.8410a6974632ea1f593586bb84f83bdb.gif"Think of it as a triple thick pancake with a sweet sauce and some sort of crumble on top, along with what appear to be house-made marshmallow squares and ricotta cheese. They serve it with syrup, but it is not needed as it is plenty sweet already. Mine was maybe just a tiny bit doughy inside?... The skillet cake was decent for what it was, but I'm not in a hurry to order it again."

"French toast. It was a loaf. The peaches were candied on top." 

The descriptions I've read have described the 12 hour French toast as more of a bread pudding than what most would traditionally call French toast.

I don't think I will like either of these, saw some pics and reviews of them has not been good at all. I just want my basic french toast with syrup.

3 hours ago, Joe817 said:

IIRC it's 7:30-10:30. But don't hold me to it. I've slept since then lol.

2 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

The MDR opens earlier for port day breakfast and later for Sea Day Brunch which begins at 8:30 am

Thank you All!