NEW BRUNCH MENU

Cruisegirl6

No more pop overs, no more butter,  no more this, no more that, we are tired of Carnivals many 'no mores'.  So, we have decided on our "no more', no more Carnival  (just cancelled next April's cruise on the Breeze).  We were Platinum cruisers and will miss the Dream class ships but we have discovered RCI's Allure class ships and are wowed by them , so all is good...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skyeman27 said:

No more pop overs, no more butter,  no more this, no more that, we are tired of Carnivals many 'no mores'.  So, we have decided on our "no more', no more Carnival  (just cancelled next April's cruise on the Breeze).  We were Platinum cruisers and will miss the Dream class ships but we have discovered RCI's Allure class ships and are wowed by them , so all is good...

This Carnival Diamond is reaching the same point and cruising more on RC now than Carnival.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skyeman27 said:

No more pop overs, no more butter,  no more this, no more that, we are tired of Carnivals many 'no mores'.  So, we have decided on our "no more', no more Carnival  

Did you say there's s'mores? No, no'mores. 😞

Edited by sanmarcosman

1 hour ago, fyree39 said:

I love Eggs Benedict in the dining room. I always ask for the Hollandaise sauce on the side. My husband gets the chicken sausage quite often and says it's good. I'm a pork sausage kinda gal.

That technique usually works for me (sauce on side), except the second time I tried it on the Liberty a couple of months ago... eggs were solid.

Carnival is the only line which I have to utilize this "trick" on, sadly..😞

27 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

That technique usually works for me (sauce on side), except the second time I tried it on the Liberty a couple of months ago... eggs were solid.

Carnival is the only line which I have to utilize this "trick" on, sadly..😞

I specifically ask for soft eggs, telling the server if the yellow is hard I will return it, so far so good. Pretty decent hollandaise for mass produced

27 minutes ago, coevan said:

I specifically ask for soft eggs, telling the server if the yellow is hard I will return it, so far so good. Pretty decent hollandaise for mass produced

These were served on the Pride. Sitting too long under the heat lamp on the line is the cause. This is why many, many people have learned on Cruise Critic to order the hollandaise sauce served on the side.

Carnival%2520Pride%25202015%2520132.jpg&

15 hours ago, coevan said:

I'll also use my lemon (from water) to give it that essence which it often lacks.

Tom

• Like 1

I guess I'm reading the "JUICES" menu differently than everyone else?   I'm thinking you order by the number - so #1 would be carrot + orange juice + lime + cayenne.   Not orange or carrot or lime.

At least that's how I'm reading it.

As a veggie who doesnt eat eggs  I can see that I may need to be inventive by looking at various menus ( I am also a Brit so some of the choices seem a bit strange ...sorry ! )

How do they cope with someone picking items from various  dishes , rather then the whole dish? 

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:55 AM, DallasGuy75219 said:

Some reviews have indicated the skillet cakes and 12 hour French toast are not quite the tried and true breakfast staples people may be used to...

image.gif.8410a6974632ea1f593586bb84f83bdb.gif"Think of it as a triple thick pancake with a sweet sauce and some sort of crumble on top, along with what appear to be house-made marshmallow squares and ricotta cheese. They serve it with syrup, but it is not needed as it is plenty sweet already. Mine was maybe just a tiny bit doughy inside?... The skillet cake was decent for what it was, but I'm not in a hurry to order it again."

"French toast. It was a loaf. The peaches were candied on top." 

The descriptions I've read have described the 12 hour French toast as more of a bread pudding than what most would traditionally call French toast.

I don't think I will like either of these, saw some pics and reviews of them has not been good at all. I just want my basic french toast with syrup.

3 hours ago, Joe817 said:

IIRC it's 7:30-10:30. But don't hold me to it. I've slept since then lol.

2 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

Normally it's 7:30 - 1:30 or so, but it often depends on the ship.

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

The MDR opens earlier for port day breakfast and later for Sea Day Brunch which begins at 8:30 am

Thank you All!

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 3:33 PM, DallasGuy75219 said:

So I ordered the French toast on the Valor last week, and this is the brick of bread I got.  20190818_121051.thumb.jpg.5090d3027395bbd97e108b00411211aa.jpg20190818_121156.thumb.jpg.341dfadeb4de58eecda0735cd352cf66.jpg

Very dry on the inside and definitely not the consistency of bread pudding.  It was served with syrup on the side, which helped with the dryness, but I don't like my food drowned in syrup to make it edible.  

Overall, very mediocre in my opinion.  After about three bites, I had enough and decided it wasn't nearly good enough to justify all those calories and carbs.

Interesting.....we had it on the Inspriation this past weekend and it was amazing. We didn't even need syrup.