ALL 4 PERKS PROMO IS BACK !

Pier290

12 hours ago, whitshel said:

Most likely you are booked at a group rate.  The promo says its applicable to groups but at prevailing rates.

307716981_4perks.thumb.jpg.b8af383a6f32ec5f62c4852d5a1562d2.jpg

Yes, we are booked at a group rate.  Creating a mock booking on the agency website,  right now the rate for the same cabin category is $40 more PP, but because we were planning on upgrading to the premium beverage package, we'd come out ahead with the higher price.  Plus now the agency website said the booking includes a $500 Visa gift card, which is better than the extra $75 OBC we received.

Basically, what all this discussion is saying, is you have to know your pricing and know what the 4 "perks" would cost.  I'm always amazed when I do a mock booking at the basic rate and they want me to add all 4 perks (for 2 people) at about $2,000.  Really?  For openers, I'm sailing solo.  No way am I going to pay for a beverage package for 2, internet package for 2, etc.  It's all a game trying to trap the unwary/uneducated.  So, hats off to you if you know your facts and you got a good deal.  It's not always so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Basically, what all this discussion is saying, is you have to know your pricing and know what the 4 "perks" would cost.  I'm always amazed when I do a mock booking at the basic rate and they want me to add all 4 perks (for 2 people) at about $2,000.  Really?  For openers, I'm sailing solo.  No way am I going to pay for a beverage package for 2, internet package for 2, etc.  It's all a game trying to trap the unwary/uneducated.  So, hats off to you if you know your facts and you got a good deal.  It's not always so.

I understand that...and would agree.  I always do a "dummy" reservation before I make my decision on a cruise...I think we were just lucky that the price would remain the same.  It might work out differently at another time...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I found the new pricing and did the maths first, before contacting my travel agent and asking her to check I hadn't got my wires crossed.  

She then contacted Celebrity and for an additional $200 on my previously 'no perks' fare I now have all 4 perks - premium beverage package, unlimited internet package, $300 OBC and pre-paid gratuities.  Technically over $2000 value for me as a solo traveller, although in reality not as much because I don't drink alcohol.  But it's still an excellent saving for me as the gratuities alone are worth $225.

By the way, I'm within the 90 days and PIF, but was still able to secure the new offer.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Amazing that they are already stiffing you on the solo cruise price, but to double your perks pricing doesn’t make sense. I wonder if other cruise lines do the same?

On the X website it shows the "4 perk sale" is running until midnight tonight...but the office is closed!!! (TA called at 6 pm Eastern time...we are one the west coast and I saw this info this afternoon) Doesn't seem quite right to show the "sale" is still on but no way to talk to anyone about it? 

24 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

On the X website it shows the "4 perk sale" is running until midnight tonight...but the office is closed!!! (TA called at 6 pm Eastern time...we are one the west coast and I saw this info this afternoon) Doesn't seem quite right to show the "sale" is still on but no way to talk to anyone about it? 

Go up to post #2 and click on the link.  I think you have until August 7th actually.

Edited by summit011604

8 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Yes, the offer is extended through Wednesday.

As mentioned earlier, the marketing was planned for lasting until Wednesday from the beginning, but on Celebrity's website it got "extended" from ending Sunday to ending Wednesday, possibly because Celebrity knows a lot of customers would contact them or their TA about this offer, and many TAs would be closed Saturday and Sunday. So to give everyone a fair chance, they had the offer extension planned from the beginning, but didn't advertise it actively.

When I hear the word "sale", it must be a good deal.  Well, in order for me to get 2 additional perks  it would cost me $550. And I would also lose my refundable deposit option.  Not sure if this is such  a good deal....

mikkelhansen

Last week, my TA sent out a flyer by email saying the deal ended this past Sunday.  Then yesterday, the TA sent out another flyer saying the deal had been extended.  I never looked at Celebrity's website to see what it indicated. 

My TA is also offering one more incentive.  :classic_smile:

Totally agree that most offers including perks are not advantageous to single occupancy guests but keep in mind this particular offer includes:

1. PREMIUM beverage package as opposed to the classic package

2. Unlimited high speed internet for two devices (yes I know, just one me... but I like using my phone and my computer)

3. $300 obc

4. The usual free gratuities.  

Having written all this, the fares will drop significantly after Wednesday and I'll be back on here complaining...😉

😂

Now, if Celebrity would just lower their ridiculously priced airfare back to normal prices...it's now literally double what I paid last year!😩

Edited by red919
  • Like 2

For the first time ever, in all my solo cruises since this program came into being, I actually have come out ahead with the 4 perks package on a 15-day cruise that was also surprisingly priced at 150% solo.  Definitely depends upon the cruise!

• Like 2

On 8/3/2019 at 12:23 PM, rick160158 said:

I fail to see the excitement regarding perks. If a stateroom is selling let’s say at $1000, but if you want the perks, the price of the same stateroom jumps to $1700. We’ll, that isn’t a perk, your actually Paying for the perk. If you want to give me a perk, give it when the stateroom is at $1000, then THATS a perk.

Yes, that can be the case in certain bookings  , but I saved money ($300) off the originally booked reservation by adding the perks and was able to add addition perks to my reservation, in addition to that savings. Why wouldn’t I ? The price without any perks was $500 less then what I paid . Sure I could “ save” that $500. But, now I get Tips included ($260) and I get $300 stateroom credit ( but because my booking is in Canadian it actually works out closer to $400 US onboard). That’s more then the $500 savings. Again, why wouldn’t why? Add on the Drink package for 2 ? Bonus.We would have paid for it, so it’s now “ free”.  Internet? Extra bonus. Now “ free” .

Maybe it’s the wording? Free perks, you’re right, they are not all “ free” but they are a big savings to some of us. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, keesar said:

When I hear the word "sale", it must be a good deal.  Well, in order for me to get 2 additional perks  it would cost me $550. And I would also lose my refundable deposit option.  Not sure if this is such  a good deal....

My situation is even worse!  I have three perks.  To get unlimited internet and upgrade to the premium bev package would cost me $560 pp.  my final payment is due this week so the NRD isn’t a big deal but this is no sale for me.  

I’m aboard the Eclipse now and did a future booking today for Australia in March. I don’t know what the cruise price was prior to this sale. The advantage of booking on the ship is that the non-refundable deposit is only $100 per person (which I’m willing to lose if I have to cancel due to an emergency) and we get $200 OBC. My box store TA will give me about 8% back ($700) in a cash card. Also, please note: the beverage package on this sale is Classic, not Premium.

5 minutes ago, luv2cruisemore said:

Also, please note: the beverage package on this sale is Classic, not Premium.

I definitely got Premium.  It was clearly shown as Premium online and it shows as Premium on my confirmation.

My TA assumed it was Classic but I asked her to double-check and sure enough the Celebrity rep confirmed it as Premium.

Our VTG TA said , regarding enquiring about the 4 perks for our already paid for cruise 

the cruise line will not allow you to downgrade your cabin,adjust the price nor give any additional amenities. If you feel it is worth it to you to lose the deposit by cancelling & re-booking we can do that.

Gee , Thanks for that . We were only hoping for an upgrade for our beverage package .

3 hours ago, luv2cruisemore said:

Also, please note: the beverage package on this sale is Classic, not Premium.

It is definitely the Premium Package. Advertised both on Celebrity's website and in the marketing material.

" Free Perks Offer: Each of the first two guests in a qualifying [...] stateroom are eligible to receive four complimentary amenities with a nonrefundable deposit: Premium Beverage Package, Unlimited Internet Package, $150 per person onboard credit (“OBC”), or Prepaid Gratuities."

5 hours ago, hammo said:

Our VTG TA said , regarding enquiring about the 4 perks for our already paid for cruise 

the cruise line will not allow you to downgrade your cabin,adjust the price nor give any additional amenities. If you feel it is worth it to you to lose the deposit by cancelling & re-booking we can do that.

Gee , Thanks for that . We were only hoping for an upgrade for our beverage package .

I called Celebrity last night because the online TA we used to book our upcoming Summit cruise also said Celebrity wouldn't allow us to change promotions.  Celebrity told me that was incorrect--the agent said if you are before final payment, you can change promotions, although that might result in a different price for your cabin.

I called the travel agency back and spoke to a different person than the one we booked with to find out why I was told something Celebrity said isn't true.  After working through the new pricing, it would be basically a wash to keep our current promotion (four perks with the classic package--three perks from X and the TA covering gratuities and giving another $75 OBC) and pay to upgrade our beverage package, or book the new promotion.  Our price would have gone up $40 PP, but based on what the TA was offering right now, we'd come out ahead to change our booking.  The TA wouldn't honor its current promo of a $500 Visa card on a re-booked cruise, though.  So we'll use the OBC to upgrade the drinks package for my husband, and I'll wait and see if I think I need the upgrade.  Without a Slush bar on Summit, I might be okay with the classic.

Edited by hiccups

Can anyone tell me the value of the internet package? I'm trying to price it out to see if it's a better deal for me to stick with what I have.  I know what the tips would be, and the upgrade to premium would be $10 pp pd plus the tip (15 or 20%?) which we plan to do any way.  The big ? is the internet, which we have never had, and I'm sure dh would love to be able to be in touch with his company and ailing mom.  Thanks in advance 🙂