Images from Ocean Cay

Beamafar

Just take away the trees and that's what it will look like. 

One odd thing I've noticed from recent actual pictures is there doesn't seem to be a North Beach/Bimini Beach island which forms the lagoon for South Beach.  I wonder of that will be added later and is the reason the Yacht Club area won't be ready until March.

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

They all look like computer simulations to me.  And I wonder what will be left the first time a tropical storm passes through...EM

Yes, I believe those are compuer simulations, or artist renderings as architects sometimes call them.  

4 hours ago, DWhit said:

Yes, I believe those are compuer simulations, or artist renderings as architects sometimes call them.  

Hence the use of the word "Images" in the title!  Doesn't take a genius to work that one out.  🙄

16 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Something I'm finding it hard to get my head around is the name of the coffee shop "The Smiling Fish".  Sounds more like somewhere where you'd get fishn'chips and not coffee and ice cream.

Maybe they're going to serve fish flavored ice cream. 😀🐟🍦

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Até said:

Just take away the trees and that's what it will look like. 

One odd thing I've noticed from recent actual pictures is there doesn't seem to be a North Beach/Bimini Beach island which forms the lagoon for South Beach.  I wonder of that will be added later and is the reason the Yacht Club area won't be ready until March.

I wasnt aware until reading your post that the YC area wasnt going to be ready until March.  I just booked a $450 YC Cabana yesterday for the February 22 sailing.   Where would the cabanas be located for YC?

Edited by js

1 hour ago, js said:

I wasnt aware until reading your post that the YC area wasnt going to be ready until March.  I just booked a $450 YC Cabana yesterday for the February 22 sailing.   Where would the cabanas be located for YC?

There have been a couple posts about it being March.

4 hours ago, dexddd said:

There have been a couple posts about it being March.

Thanks. I just saw it here now for first time. 

I guess Il wait and see. I do not want a cabana in another area. I would rather be in YC area with umbrellas that I rent than a cabana somewhere else. 

I wasnt aware until reading above and just silly they let me spend $450 for something that wont happen. 

On 8/2/2019 at 5:31 PM, Beamafar said:

Something I'm finding it hard to get my head around is the name of the coffee shop "The Smiling Fish".  Sounds more like somewhere where you'd get fishn'chips and not coffee and ice cream.

And they will have HUNDREDS of kinds of ice cream, not just a few but HUNDREDS!

HLR

Edited by HLR

15 hours ago, HLR said:

And they will have HUNDREDS of kinds of ice cream, not just a few but HUNDREDS!

I haven't seen that word used, it usually says "a variety".  The name seems to be a gimmick with the design of the cones.Fish.jpg.ba28978da0df2239f0c6fcef686f7c16.jpgETA:  Possibly taken from these people.

https://taiyakinyc.com/

Edited by Até

1 minute ago, Até said:

I haven't seen that word used, it usually says "a variety".  The name seems to be a gimmick with the design of the cones.

From Post #2 right here! Hundreds!

On 8/2/2019 at 3:50 PM, Beamafar said:

Food & Drinks:

1486561378_ScreenShot2019-08-02at20_47_20.png.e157c4392fd1e3f0a8485ddf81d06047.png

All courtesy of MSCFansblog

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 12:12 PM, cruiseguyinorl said:

During "Phase 1" or prior to the full opening, the YC cabanas will be on North Beach facing the lagoon. Regular bar/butler service will be available.

Bret

Thank you.

I wonder if I should just book a non YC cabana and save $100+, isn't it the same thing if not in the YC area?

Do you know if the YC area of the island will be completed and just the cabanas in the YC area won't be done? If so, I think I would rather be in the YC area of the island.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, js said:

Thank you.

I wonder if I should just book a non YC cabana and save $100+, isn't it the same thing if not in the YC area?

Do you know if the YC area of the island will be completed and just the cabanas in the YC area won't be done? If so, I think I would rather be in the YC area of the island.

Thank you.

Interesting thought

Was under the impression that the food and bev for YC on the island differs from the reg buffet

I was under the impression from another thread that the YC cabanas could not be booked online as the pricing was wonky and also that the MSC had to be able to be sure they put YC pax in YC cabanas

1 minute ago, Fogfog said:

Interesting thought

Was under the impression that the food and bev for YC on the island differs from the reg buffet

I was under the impression from another thread that the YC cabanas could not be booked online as the pricing was wonky and also that the MSC had to be able to be sure they put YC pax in YC cabanas

Last Thursday or Friday, I booked a $450 YC Ocean Front Cabana.

However, if it is with the "regular" cabanas, I don't see a reason for my having to pay extra since it won't even be in the YC area.

Will there be a YC area on the island for February 2020? If so, I will cancel my YC Cabana that won't be in the YC area. 
I'm so happy I read that post but guessing I will just wait and see since I can always cancel.

6 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Interesting thought

Looks like they're available for me on the 2/29 sailing

YCCab.png

3 minutes ago, Beardface said:

Looks like they're available for me on the 2/29 sailing

YCCab.png

I sail the week prior to you and I purchased one but I do not want it if not in the YC area. I could just purchase a "regular" cabana in the area. I would prefer to be in the YC section of the island so I guess it is just wait and see and can always cancel if they are in another area.