Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Beamafar

Images from Ocean Cay

Recommended Posts

Just take away the trees and that's what it will look like. 

 

One odd thing I've noticed from recent actual pictures is there doesn't seem to be a North Beach/Bimini Beach island which forms the lagoon for South Beach.  I wonder of that will be added later and is the reason the Yacht Club area won't be ready until March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something I'm finding it hard to get my head around is the name of the coffee shop "The Smiling Fish".  Sounds more like somewhere where you'd get fishn'chips and not coffee and ice cream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They all look like computer simulations to me.  And I wonder what will be left the first time a tropical storm passes through...EM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say that MSC is making an amazing progress with the Seaside.

Their 7-day itineraries are going to be second best in the Caribbean after HAL.

Good job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

They all look like computer simulations to me.  And I wonder what will be left the first time a tropical storm passes through...EM

Yes, I believe those are compuer simulations, or artist renderings as architects sometimes call them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DWhit said:

Yes, I believe those are compuer simulations, or artist renderings as architects sometimes call them.  

 

Hence the use of the word "Images" in the title!  Doesn't take a genius to work that one out.  🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent Bea, will be very interesting to see how the island turns out when they are finished with the construction works. It's amazing how they are creating a totally new island 🏝 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi NC ... getting closer, now!  😎

 

With interest steadily growing in the new island, I thought it might be an idea to show what MSC envisages how it will look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Something I'm finding it hard to get my head around is the name of the coffee shop "The Smiling Fish".  Sounds more like somewhere where you'd get fishn'chips and not coffee and ice cream.

Maybe they're going to serve fish flavored ice cream. 😀🐟🍦

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Até said:

Just take away the trees and that's what it will look like. 

 

One odd thing I've noticed from recent actual pictures is there doesn't seem to be a North Beach/Bimini Beach island which forms the lagoon for South Beach.  I wonder of that will be added later and is the reason the Yacht Club area won't be ready until March.

 

I wasnt aware until reading your post that the YC area wasnt going to be ready until March.  I just booked a $450 YC Cabana yesterday for the February 22 sailing.   Where would the cabanas be located for YC?

Edited by js

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, js said:

 

I wasnt aware until reading your post that the YC area wasnt going to be ready until March.  I just booked a $450 YC Cabana yesterday for the February 22 sailing.   Where would the cabanas be located for YC?

There have been a couple posts about it being March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dexddd said:

There have been a couple posts about it being March.

 

Thanks. I just saw it here now for first time. 

 

I guess Il wait and see. I do not want a cabana in another area. I would rather be in YC area with umbrellas that I rent than a cabana somewhere else. 

 

I wasnt aware until reading above and just silly they let me spend $450 for something that wont happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2019 at 11:31 AM, dexddd said:

Where would the cabanas be located for YC?

 

During "Phase 1" or prior to the full opening, the YC cabanas will be on North Beach facing the lagoon. Regular bar/butler service will be available.

Bret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2019 at 5:31 PM, Beamafar said:

Something I'm finding it hard to get my head around is the name of the coffee shop "The Smiling Fish".  Sounds more like somewhere where you'd get fishn'chips and not coffee and ice cream.

 

And they will have HUNDREDS of kinds of ice cream, not just a few but HUNDREDS!

 

HLR

Edited by HLR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HLR said:

And they will have HUNDREDS of kinds of ice cream, not just a few but HUNDREDS!

I haven't seen that word used, it usually says "a variety".  The name seems to be a gimmick with the design of the cones.Fish.jpg.ba28978da0df2239f0c6fcef686f7c16.jpgETA:  Possibly taken from these people.

https://taiyakinyc.com/

Edited by Até

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Até said:

I haven't seen that word used, it usually says "a variety".  The name seems to be a gimmick with the design of the cones.

 

From Post #2 right here! Hundreds!

 

On 8/2/2019 at 3:50 PM, Beamafar said:

Food & Drinks:

 

 

 

1486561378_ScreenShot2019-08-02at20_47_20.png.e157c4392fd1e3f0a8485ddf81d06047.png

 

 

All courtesy of MSCFansblog

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cones are cute

I suspect the ice cream/gelato flavors will vary often over the year

Edited by Fogfog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so far I'm only seeing advertisements for beaches, bars, and restaurants for this island.  Seems like a pretty big island to not have any on site activities, I guess they just haven't announced them, yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2019 at 12:12 PM, cruiseguyinorl said:

 

During "Phase 1" or prior to the full opening, the YC cabanas will be on North Beach facing the lagoon. Regular bar/butler service will be available.

Bret

 

Thank you.


I wonder if I should just book a non YC cabana and save $100+, isn't it the same thing if not in the YC area?

Do you know if the YC area of the island will be completed and just the cabanas in the YC area won't be done? If so, I think I would rather be in the YC area of the island.


Thank you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, js said:

 

Thank you.


I wonder if I should just book a non YC cabana and save $100+, isn't it the same thing if not in the YC area?

Do you know if the YC area of the island will be completed and just the cabanas in the YC area won't be done? If so, I think I would rather be in the YC area of the island.


Thank you.

 

Interesting thought

Was under the impression that the food and bev for YC on the island differs from the reg buffet

 

I was under the impression from another thread that the YC cabanas could not be booked online as the pricing was wonky and also that the MSC had to be able to be sure they put YC pax in YC cabanas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fogfog said:

Interesting thought

Was under the impression that the food and bev for YC on the island differs from the reg buffet

 

I was under the impression from another thread that the YC cabanas could not be booked online as the pricing was wonky and also that the MSC had to be able to be sure they put YC pax in YC cabanas

 

Last Thursday or Friday, I booked a $450 YC Ocean Front Cabana.

However, if it is with the "regular" cabanas, I don't see a reason for my having to pay extra since it won't even be in the YC area.

Will there be a YC area on the island for February 2020? If so, I will cancel my YC Cabana that won't be in the YC area. 
I'm so happy I read that post but guessing I will just wait and see since I can always cancel.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Interesting thought

Was under the impression that the food and bev for YC on the island differs from the reg buffet

 

I was under the impression from another thread that the YC cabanas could not be booked online as the pricing was wonky and also that the MSC had to be able to be sure they put YC pax in YC cabanas

 

Looks like they're available for me on the 2/29 sailing

 

YCCab.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...