Cruise Critic Community
rsail203

Questions from a new Regent cruiser

I'm going on the Seven Seas Mariner in October. I've seen entries here stating that you only need your key card to get off and on the ship, but don't you need the card to get in your cabin? Also, the refrigerator is packed with drinks. Is it cold or just a cooler as it is on many ships? Are sports drinks available? If so: gatorade or powerade?

Posted (edited)

Yes- - you need your card to open your door to your suite. You also need it to make any purchases in the shops.  

It is a mini refrigerator, not a cooler. 

Dont know about power drinks. 

Enjoy Regent. I know you will. 

Sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers

If you go to the gym they have some Gatorade as well as some Vitamin Water products.  Complimentary in the gym cooler. Take some back to your suite if you wish or ask your butler.

If you want a specific drink on your cruise, have your TA contact Regent (well in advance of your cruise) and they will make sure that it is onboard for you.

I learned something from your post........ do some cruise lines really use coolers?  I cannot imagine how that works.  Although the refrigerator is small, there is an ice bucket in there that is refilled at least daily (if not twice a day).

Thank you all for your replies. By cooler, I meant that the refrigerator only cools drinks. It never gets really cold. This is on all the regular lines that I normally cruise on.

12 hours ago, rsail203 said:

Thank you all for your replies. By cooler, I meant that the refrigerator only cools drinks. It never gets really cold. This is on all the regular lines that I normally cruise on.

I've never really thought about that.  The mini-fridge seems like the kind you find in hotel rooms, so I think it does get cold, but not as cold as a home fridge might. The only thing other than drinks that I've stored in there has been yogurt, and it seemed to hold up fine. Though yogurt is pretty hardy.

The fridge keeps the ice intact for a long time, so I imagine that canned beer and soda are properly chilled.

On 8/3/2019 at 6:48 AM, rsail203 said:

Also, the refrigerator is packed with drinks.

there is a selection of soft drinks and water. Replenished as often as needed. And if you think of something you like to drink, ask the crew, if they have it onboard they will bring some to you. I say, always ask anything. They are very happy to please.

you will enjoy!