Film crew and cast on board

fizzy1

Just had the following email. So excited ! I wonder if it is to do with this big budget horror movie that is to do with the original Queen Mary and is being filmed there? Maybe they are filming  on board QM 2 as well ?    

7AE8F520-8DAD-4F5F-B23E-55DFACB11702.jpeg

Edited by fizzy1

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

Hopefully it won't be too disruptive, let us know if you find out what they're filming.

Don't know if it has anything to do with this. I know this is on the Queen Mary but  maybe they are using QM 2 as well

6461AFEE-FF31-46F1-A95C-5CFFCED95DA5.png

1 hour ago, Underwatr said:

Probably a Lifetime Movie of the Week. 🙂

43 minutes ago, fizzy1 said:

What’s that? Cunard promo?

I think Underwatr's comment was in jest (the smiley at the end may not be showing up in your browser).

For a description of that genre, see Lifetime Movie of the Week.

Is this filming taking place on the August 18th eastbound crossing?

Edited by bluemarble
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I think Underwatr's comment was in jest (the smiley at the end may not be showing up in your browser).

33 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Ah, makes sense now xx yes, 18th eastbound

Edited by fizzy1

5 hours ago, elliechickie said:

My first thoughts were why leave it so late to tell us and no hope of an upgrade!. 

Further enquiries with my travel agent revealed there would be approx 30 cast and crew. That’s sounds potentially disruptive.

OMG !!! Major then ! Fantastic !! I am sure  its to do with the big Hollywood horror movie that is being filmed onboard the Queen Mary in Long  Island !! So exciting 

Well I am glad some of you are excited.  I just hope they do not disrupt our daily walks around the deck.  Film crews can act very bossy and entitled - we have paid for a relaxing crossing. I doubt they will care about minimizing their impact.

My son works on film crews. I asked him if this was a small cast and crew. He said:

”If it’s a film or large commercial, then it’s kind of small.
If it’s tourism or something indie, or like a travel show or something, that could be right.”

i just hope it doesn’t disrupt too much!

49 minutes ago, Se1lad said:

Im on this cruise too but have not been notified.  I wonder if they are filming in a specific dining room?

I almost missed it.  It looked just like another copy of our invoice until I found the notification in the middle.

On 8/7/2019 at 8:59 AM, fizzy1 said:

OMG !!! Major then ! Fantastic !! I am sure  its to do with the big Hollywood horror movie that is being filmed onboard the Queen Mary in Long  Island !! So exciting 

Have they moved Queen Mary from Long Beach (California) to Long Island, NY?

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 2:11 PM, Hawaii136 said:

Well I am glad some of you are excited.  I just hope they do not disrupt our daily walks around the deck.  Film crews can act very bossy and entitled - we have paid for a relaxing crossing. I doubt they will care about minimizing their impact.

I’d be quite put off if I booked a crossing and was told that at the last minute that this was happening. While I love cinema and have a degree in cinema history, theory and criticism, I abhor film crews (at least in the United States - it’s the “Hollywood” attitude). They act extremely self-entitled and just expect everyone will be so thrilled or excited by their presence, because they are making a movie/tv show. I couldn’t care less.

• Haha 1

I manage a historic location in NYC and we no longer entertain location scouts who arrange for companies to film on our premises.  They expect everyone to 'drop their drawers' because they want to film at your location.  If you can get beyond the negotiations, not only do they act entitled, they disrupt any other activities in the building, act as if THEY own the building, do damage which they try to deny.  If I had booked a cruise and were confronted with this, I would demand significant compensation or even demand my money back and compensation for incurred expenses.

• Like 1

On the other hand... 

An acquaintance of mine works as part of a film crew, and there are usually just 3 or 4 of them. They made drivel like Gold Rush and such for lesser channels on Sky/Virgin Media etc. 

Camera/Sound/Director/Researcher and that is about it.

So... Does anyone know it is going to be 20/30+ people involved? Or just speculation on numbers?