First thing onboard - what do you do?

2 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

We get on around 11am and I take the case of water and my carry on to the cabin.....then go find lunch.

Are you saying that you open the fire doors and access your stateroom before 1pm??? 😱

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Are you saying that you open the fire doors and access your stateroom before 1pm??? 😱

2 hours ago, Islander001 said:

I thought the cabins were not available until 1pm.

I just act like I'm one of those B2Bers and quickly make my way to the aft to drop off the carryon cargo.

No harm....

Plan of attack for when we board:

1. Make a break for the laser tag sign-ups.

2. Grab an umbrella drink from the nearest possible source.

3. Walk the entire ship, top to bottom, and find absolutely everything if interest.

4. Get everything put away in cabin.

5. Snag a bed in the Solarium and wait for sail away!

1.  Check out the deals as we  board on deck 4

2.  Grab a bite in Windjammer and head for the Pool Bar.

3.  First drink of the cruise is always a Mojito  or something similar  But I always visit Bolero's as soon as the Mojitos become available.

4.   Go to room after announcement and try to locate luggage.  We always unpack between boarding and Mustard Drill if possible.

I run a very tight ship, so our room is always put in ship shape straight away and kept that way till disembarking...the steward

always loves us!

5.   Another stop at the bar, where ever right after Mustard and then to enjoy the drink on our balcony for Sail Away.

I will repeat in about 34 days...Symphony here we come!  Woohoo!

• Like 2

Last time, I boarded early and managed to avoid crowds in the WJ. This time, we might need to check on our seating arrangements at dinner because I am traveling in a group. I like hanging out on the decks and walking around while looking at the skyline. Beyond that, I'll explore the ship, read and maybe head to the pool if I plan for it. 

I'll start using whichever drinks package I go for. It will probably be Refreshment with the occasional other drink.

I'm not too worried about the crowds but I will make use of my phone while near the shore. If the WJ is too full, I'll look around. 

20 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

This was a lesson that I had to learn the hard way.

$180 hard

You know you should always call your carrier if that happens...we just had a $80 charge on my phone because I was booking the Marriott in St. Kitts.  I thought I'd dialed an 800 number (868) but the operator in St. Kitts transferred me to the central rez line.  But unbeknown to me, I guess she was still involved somehow, because the next day the charge for an international call appeared.  We called and explained all and the ATT rep removed the charge completely....remember, you have not because you ask not!  So always ask, the worst they can say is no!

Edited by BecciBoo

On Anthem, I went to the Music Hall to make the reservations I couldn't get online for the Escape Room and to also release some times for our group's Ifly when they understood what it was, and said they only wanted to watch and not do it themselves, so I wanted to make those times available for others to book instead of having to wait in the standby lines.

then I met up with our party for lunch and we headed to bumper cars and then the muster drill before sailaway.

22 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Put phone on airplane mode. Sign into WiFi 

21 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

This was a lesson that I had to learn the hard way.

$180 hard

I don’t worry about that until the ship is underway. Even if the phone does connect to Cellular at Sea, I leave data roaming off so have never gotten an unexpected charge.

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

You know you should always call your carrier if that happens...we just had a $80 charge on my phone because I was booking the Marriott in St. Kitts.  I thought I'd dialed an 800 number (868) but the operator in St. Kitts transferred me to the central rez line.  But unbeknown to me, I guess she was still involved somehow, because the next day the charge for an international call appeared.  We called and explained all and the ATT rep removed the charge completely....remember, you have not because you ask not!  So always ask, the worst they can say is no!

I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask but getting charges for an 800 number call removed is much more likely than getting international roaming charges removed. For one thing, the roaming charges come from the roaming carrier and they expect to be paid regardless. Roaming charges don’t normally get removed.

1 minute ago, Angelfsh131 said:

Everyone is mentioning checking their dining table. Is this something I should be doing? What are you looking for? 

Depends.  Location, size, deck.

9 minutes ago, Angelfsh131 said:

Everyone is mentioning checking their dining table. Is this something I should be doing? What are you looking for? 

I check out the location so that when it is time for dinner I can head right to the table

First thing we do however is have a drink🍸🍺

Edited by molly361
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1