2021 schedule for Caribbean

Ann_on_the_road

For reasons, we are looking for a short cruise in the Caribbean Jan, Feb or Mar 2021.  It looks like, now that all the Cuba voyages are discontinued, there are some holes left to fill in the winter schedule.  They aren’t even offering the Turquoise Caribbean Seas 8 day trip in 2021.  Any idea on when/if some new trips will be added?

I would love to do a short European cruise in that time frame but we will not be able to afford the extra travel time to/from the cruise so it’s Caribbean or nothing in winter 2021.

No way of second-guessing what/when Viking will be offering until we see it posted on the Viking website. It is even entirely possible that they will not be replacing the Cuba cruise with another 1 week cruise or even a Caribbean itinerary.

Seems like there are still some gaps in the Sky’s schedule.  I pulled this off a site called CruiseMapper. All the other ships in the line have no unscheduled days, as far as I can tell.i hope they fill it with some shorter voyages, that’s about our only shot of getting a Viking cruise before 2022. But I’d sure like an idea of when and how these might be announced. 

(Edited to add a shot of Jupiter’s schedule of the same period.  Not one open day.)

FCFCF2C9-D2BE-4942-934A-720B7C669915.jpeg

4796BD89-40B7-427E-B43A-FF179E214659.jpeg

Edited by Ann_on_the_road

10 minutes ago, Ann_on_the_road said:

Seems like there are still some gaps in the Sky’s schedule.  I pulled this off a site called CruiseMapper. All the other ships in the line have no unscheduled days, as far as I can tell.i hope they fill it with some shorter voyages, that’s about our only shot of getting a Viking cruise before 2022. But I’d sure like an idea of when and how these might be announced. 

(Edited to add a shot of Jupiter’s schedule of the same period.  Not one open day.)

In 2021, Viking has two ships in the Caribbean. Viking website shows the Viking Star (based in San Juan) in the Caribbean until February 19, 2021 and the Viking Sky (based in Miami)  until Mar 21 (with only the month of January accounted for). 

Viking Jupiter does the South America cruises. The Barcelona to Venice crossing is a South Atlantic route that doesn't hit the Caribbean.

2 hours ago, Ann_on_the_road said:

The Viking website show a Jan 17th departure in the first gap.

For the Feb 2021 gap, some or possibly all that time could be set aside for a scheduled drydocking. Although the maiden voyage was early 2017, the ship was launched in 2016, so with 5-year intervals she could be heading to Bahama S/Y before heading to Europe.

• Like 1