Majesty "pro tips"

20 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

This cruise is five nights.  No lobster on the one formal night.  But I like the duck.  It was possibly the best duck I've had on RC, and I often order this dish.

It is possible that they'll serve lobster tomorrow, Night 4.  We'll see.

When I was on the June 24th sailing, lobster was on the 5th night.  Plain “butter” poured on top with no seasoning.  And yes, the duck was delicious - not dried out like I’ve experienced on last few cruises. 

~ Judy

I'm definitely happy to hear more about Majesty. I went on a recent extended beach weekend and after some stress at work, I was thinking that I'd like to go back onto the sea. I'm happy to have been invited and I am getting excited but I'd definitely like to know more about what to expect.

The photos definitely look like "the best of the early 90s" but I think I can work around that. I'm slightly nervous about wherever my room will be but I really got a deal. I paid what some people would pay in on-board credit or a drinks package for the fare. I think it will work out. I'm a pretty experienced land traveler and I'm actually looking forward to Nassau. I'm not a regular in that region though. I like history, food and culture so the cruise is like an affordable vehicle and quirky experience. I would not be a happy camper if my room ends up being by an all-night-long party. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Wanderista

19 minutes ago, Wanderista said:

I'm definitely happy to hear more about Majesty. I went on a recent extended beach weekend and after some stress at work, I was thinking that I'd like to go back onto the sea. I'm happy to have been invited and I am getting excited but I'd definitely like to know more about what to expect.

The photos definitely look like "the best of the early 90s" but I think I can work around that. I'm slightly nervous about wherever my room will be but I really got a deal. I paid what some people would pay in on-board credit or a drinks package for the fare. I think it will work out. I'm a pretty experienced land traveler and I'm actually looking forward to Nassau. I'm not a regular in that region though. I like history, food and culture so the cruise is like an affordable vehicle and quirky experience. I would not be a happy camper if my room ends up being by an all-night-long party. Fingers crossed.

I can’t think of a cabin location that would subject you to loud parties, unless you are unfortunate in your neighbors. 😳

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Note:  Only those forward elevators go up to the VCL. (in case you weren't paying attention to my earlier posts)

VCL = Viking Crown Lounge

It's the Aft lifts that go to the Viking Crown.

Great update on Sovereign Class peculiarities!! The Tween Deck has always caused confusion with steps and elevators.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Note:  Only those forward elevators go up to the VCL. (in case you weren't paying attention to my earlier posts)

Edited by Scotty G

37 minutes ago, Scotty G said:

It's the Aft lifts that go to the Viking Crown.

Great update on Sovereign Class peculiarities!! The Tween Deck has always caused confusion with steps and elevators.

Oops. I misquoted myself!  Yes, the aft elevators. 

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

For Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle C&A:  

There are no C&A lounges on the Majesty.

During the usual happy hours (4:30-8 P.M.), the VCL hosts an event.  There are signs designating the front section of the VCL for a "Private Event".  People just walk around those signs.  I saw no servers asking to see cards, but some people I chatted with said that they were asked to show their cards to get a drink.  No one asked me, and I was served VERY nicely.  (wink, wink)

Carol, you sure?     I thought the aft elevators would go to the VCL.     I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks.

6 minutes ago, rubrrick said:

Carol, you sure?     I thought the aft elevators would go to the VCL.     I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks.

I should have read all the way through this thread before making a comment.   Thanks for the correction Carol.   Who is the Hotel Director?

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Loyalty Ambassador does a quasi-concierge's job.  Vernon is very good.  🙂  

Was on a week before you. Vernon was great!  Super nice!

Compass Deli and Sorrentos are the late night snacks.  

Production shows were great.  I had a seat in the front row every night!

Interior stateroom on Deck 4 was a bit rough, but I was barely there so I didn't care.  Saw the steward once the entire 5 days and he kept it in tip top shape.

3 hours ago, Suzyq52 said:

Question: Is there any other place on Majesty to have lunch on embarkation day besides the windjammer?

Sorrento's and Compass Deli are open, but you can't make much of a lunch out of those, unless you aren't very hungry.  But you could try them.  (Deck 12 above the WJ)

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Majesty has three sets of elevators.  It is a VERY weird set up.

The forward elevators go from Deck 1 to Deck 11.

The midship elevators go from Deck 3 to Deck 7.

The aft elevators go from Deck 5 to Deck 14.

Got that?  😉 

Deck 14??? There are only 12 decks on Majesty not 14 and the aft not the front elevators go to the VCL.

Thanks for the trying to post accurate info though.

7 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Deck 14??? There are only 12 decks on Majesty not 14 and the aft not the front elevators go to the VCL.

Thanks for the trying to post accurate info though.

Hi, meadowlander.  Thanks for your input.  

The Viking Crown Lounge is on Deck 14, whether you like it or not.

And the elevators that go there are the aft elevators.

Sorry, but those are the facts.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Hi, meadowlander.  Thanks for your input.  

The Viking Crown Lounge is on Deck 14, whether you like it or not.

And the elevators that go there are the aft elevators.

Sorry, but those are the facts.

Yes, I am aware it is the aft elevators that go to the VCL. I was just pointing out your mistake when you posted the front elevators go to the VCL. Would not want those unfamiliar to be misled.

Deck 14?  Did they add decks 13 & 14 in the last refurb?

Edited by meadowlander

8 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Yes, I am aware it is the aft elevators that go to the VCL. I was just pointing out your mistake when you posted the front elevators go to the VCL. Would not want those unfamiliar to be misled.

Deck 14?  Did they add decks 13 & 14 in the last refurb?

The post of mine that you quoted says that the aft elevators go to Deck 14, where the VCL is.

There is no Deck 13 on the Majesty.

Shockingly, Deck 14 has always been there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

The post of mine that you quoted says that the aft elevators go to Deck 14, where the VCL is.

There is no Deck 13 on the Majesty.

Shockingly, Deck 14 has always been there.

You are correct this time, the post I did quote states such but I was referring to the post in this thread where you stated the front elevators go to the VCL. But you knew that, I think you just like to kid around a lot!😉

I'm doing a B2B on her at the end of the month -- she'll be the smallest ship I've been on since the 1980s, and the tiniest Royal Caribbean vessel (Navigator is as small as I've experienced so far).  

As a redhead, I avoid the sun... are there shaded areas with loungers around the outside edges of the pool deck, like on other ships?  

18 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I'm doing a B2B on her at the end of the month -- she'll be the smallest ship I've been on since the 1980s, and the tiniest Royal Caribbean vessel (Navigator is as small as I've experienced so far).  

As a redhead, I avoid the sun... are there shaded areas with loungers around the outside edges of the pool deck, like on other ships?  

Yes, up against the windows.