Majesty "pro tips"

9 hours ago, phillychick said:

Thanks for all the great information.  I'll be sailing the Majesty on 12/14/19.  By chance, can you post any of the compasses?

I'm doing a B2B, 10 days total, in the next month.  The compasses from both cruises (Costa Maya/Cozumel and Key West/Nassau) will be given to Matt who runs The Blog That Can't Be Mentioned Here to be posted on his site.  I'll try to remember to post them here as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, momfon50 said:

Thanks for all the information, our 1st time on the Majesty on 8/28/to 9/2/19, we are ex Cuba passengers who decided to stay and enjoy the cruise. Looking forward to a great cruise....

Just three weeks to go... I better start doing laundry and packing!  Hope to see you around the ship!

57 minutes ago, cruisingjandb said:

Can anyone tell me which terminal Majesty goes out of and if the parking garage is close. As last year  the Freedom was a nightmare getting on.

That can vary but for me in a few weeks it's currently scheduled to use terminal 18, subject to change.

35 minutes ago, ouse456 said:

I've been on Grandeur and Rhapsody of the Seas. I'm wondering how they are similar and dissimilar to Majesty.

Both have MDRs, Windjammers, Pools, theaters, hot tubs, bars, VCL.  Both have a stern and a bow.  Other than that very different layouts.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 9:46 PM, brillohead said:

I'm doing a B2B, 10 days total, in the next month.  The compasses from both cruises (Costa Maya/Cozumel and Key West/Nassau) will be given to Matt who runs The Blog That Can't Be Mentioned Here to be posted on his site.  I'll try to remember to post them here as well.

In the context of Majesty of the Seas or other Royal ships, what is a compass?

On 8/7/2019 at 6:58 PM, ouse456 said:

I've been on Grandeur and Rhapsody of the Seas. I'm wondering how they are similar and dissimilar to Majesty.

On 8/7/2019 at 7:35 PM, twangster said:

Both have MDRs, Windjammers, Pools, theaters, hot tubs, bars, VCL.  Both have a stern and a bow.  Other than that very different layouts.

If you are asking whether they are in the same class of ship:  They are not.

Grandeur and Rhapsody belong to the Vision class.  Its other members are Enchantment and Vision.  Gone (to Marella) are Legend and Splendour.

Majesty is Sovereign class.  Its two sisters, Sovereign and Monarch, are now part of the Pullmantur line.

The other similarity that twangster didn't mention is that they all have a Centrum.  

But Majesty is quite different.  Check out all of my posts on this thread.  You will read the descriptive differences.

5 minutes ago, just4kixx said:

Leaving tomorrow for the 4 night on Majesty!  Thanks, Marion Mom for the up to date info!!!

Did you notice the "drink cards" being offered at all?

Annette~

No, I didn’t notice them being offered, but I’ll try to remember to ask a bartender today if they have them. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 7:44 PM, Scotty G said:

It's the Aft lifts that go to the Viking Crown.

Great update on Sovereign Class peculiarities!! The Tween Deck has always caused confusion with steps and elevators.

I'm sailing on Majesty Sept. 2. Very helpful information. I have been on the Monarch, but don't remember that much about it.

Edited by FMB

On 8/7/2019 at 7:18 AM, brillohead said:

Just three weeks to go... I better start doing laundry and packing!  Hope to see you around the ship!

You're packing already? I'd better get busy! Going Sept. 2!

On 8/5/2019 at 2:33 AM, Merion_Mom said:

There was no lobster tonight. 

But the rack of lamb was delicious. 

No lobster!! What a disappointment! I wanted to go to Cuba, but, no Cuba, and now I find out there's not going to be lobster either! 😲

6 minutes ago, FMB said:

No lobster!! What a disappointment! I wanted to go to Cuba, but, no Cuba, and now I find out there's not going to be lobster either! 😲

We had lobster on night 5 of our non-Cuba cruise. They also teased us with some Cuban-inspired dishes, lol. 

On 8/3/2019 at 6:08 PM, Merion_Mom said:

I am currently sailing on the Majesty of the Seas, and decided to share some of my observations about Majesty's "quirks".  

Thank you for all the helpful information. I'll be cruising on Majesty very soon. Hoping they serve lobster. I've been on 3 day cruises that serve lobster!

2 minutes ago, BunnyHutt said:

We had lobster on night 5 of our non-Cuba cruise. They also teased us with some Cuban-inspired dishes, lol. 

Thank you! I would love some Cuban-inspired dishes, in addition to lobster, of course! 😉

1 hour ago, FMB said:

You're packing already? I'd better get busy! Going Sept. 2!

Not packing, really, but I need to go through and see what needs to be laundered before packing.

I am a horrible procrastinator.  I fly out the morning of the 27th, and I'll probably start packing around midnight the 26th!  (Hence why I need to start laundry NOW.... starting laundry at midnight when I leave in the morning is no fun -- I know this, because I've DONE this! LOL)