Yangoon suggestions

lucas34

Hi all,

I am planning to visit by cruise ship Yangoon next Oct. during 3. Is there any suggestions on what I could do/see? Should I take ship tour or look some local travel agencies to see Yangoon? How about the weather in Oct.?

On 8/4/2019 at 8:54 AM, lucas34 said:

Hi all,

I am planning to visit by cruise ship Yangoon next Oct. during 3. Is there any suggestions on what I could do/see? Should I take ship tour or look some local travel agencies to see Yangoon? How about the weather in Oct.?

It just so happens I have a full review of Yangon (Rangoon)  on my cruise Blog. Here is the link...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/06/23/one-way-to-do-yangon-rangoon/

I guess so much will depend on which ship you are sailing on and if they do a 'Yangon on your own' offer.

Yangon is a truly fascinating place to visit.

• 2 weeks later...

Yangon is a fabulous place to visit. It reminds me of Vietnam in the 1990s (was there when I was a kid). Everything is kind of old school and everybody is so nice. 

The traffic is weird for sure! They drive on the right side (UK) but their roads is similar to those in the US. We try to rent a car but well, the system was to complicated to follow. Food was great and easy to eat (not too much spices and not to oilly). There culture is very interesting with Buddhism as their main religion. They have many MASSIVE pagodas where you can take a look at. The main on is the Shwedagon - a massive pagoda! 

There is this nice blog that I have follow during my trip: https://www.exoticvoyages.com/location/yangon-190.html

Edited by nanabilger2284

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 4:49 PM, Solent Richard said:

It just so happens I have a full review of Yangon (Rangoon)  on my cruise Blog. Here is the link...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/06/23/one-way-to-do-yangon-rangoon/

I guess so much will depend on which ship you are sailing on and if they do a 'Yangon on your own' offer.

Yangon is a truly fascinating place to visit.

Thank you for the link. We happen to be spending 4 days in Yangon next month so your blog increased my anticipation of our visit

• Like 1

Not quite on the same subject but I am visiting Yangon on a cruise beginning November. The online visa application does not allow me to arrive at Yangon port nor does it let me state that I am staying on the ship but only allows places ashore.  Can anyone help with this?  By the way, Richard, great blog!

19 hours ago, lucas34 said:

Thank you ROCruiser for your link. May I ask if you was happy with One Stop Travel tour in Myanmar?

Yes, we felt that we saw a lot on the two days, even though mostly pagodas and temples. We had a good group of cc members and a good guide, so it went well. I was not the one who organized this tour so not sure how the communication went for the organizer before it actually happened.