San Juan

The Mommy

Dear friends

We will be taking only our second cruise out of San Juan and I am really unsure about the arrangements and wonder if anyone can help please?

I am not really sure that we will be able to have an informal meet at sailaway ?

On our paperwork it says boarding 8.30 pm and this is the first time we have encountered this, we usually sail from Miami or FL at about 4pm

Do we sail later? If so then what time is muster and how is dinner affected?

Any assistance would be welcome

Thank you

• Like 1

you can board the ship by 11-12 but you don't leave until 8:30.  I think muster was around 7:30 so sometimes dinner can be alitlle interrupted.  its nice leaving SJ at night!  Enjoy the cruise

• Thanks 1

You can board as early as about 11:30 a.m., sometimes even a little earlier.  The 8:30 p.m. time is when the ship sails.   The muster drill is usually held around 5:30-5:45 p.m. as I recall.  I am not sure how the early seating in the fixed dining is affected, if at all.

Also, Celebrity (and Royal Caribbean) sailings from San Juan now use the Pan American pier across the harbor from Old San Juan.  In years past, Celebrity used the Old San Juan Pier, so you might have sailed from Old San Juan on your previous cruise.  Celebrity and Royal Caribbean only use the Old San Juan pier for day stops on cruises that embark from other ports, like Miami.

• Thanks 2

In January (2019) sailaway on Summit was 8:30pm and drill was 4:45pm.

We had just boarded after spending most of the day on the beach.  We really just made it.  So many people were missing.  Don't know what they did as we were in ports the next 10 days.  IMHO, it was a really dumb time to have it.  

Several years ago we did a BtoB from San Juan on Summit and both drills then were 7:45pm.  X is still figuring it out.

I'll do b2b too next March.

It's a shame that the pier is the Panamaerican because it was so nice to get off and already be in the center!

Can you tell me if they have a bus or there are only taxis from the Panamerican pier?

thanks