Does Dream have a snack shack style area

Hello I've been looking into Dreams restaurants as we last travelled on Discovery. Does the Dream have a Snack Shack type area offering small lunch items? It seems to suggest the Terrace Grill does burgers and hot dogs during the day but I can't find any firm confirmation of that. My parents like to do the three course lunch in orion but that's too much for my waist line on an all inclusive cruise lol

Thanks

2 hours ago, thexluckyxduck said:

Hello I've been looking into Dreams restaurants as we last travelled on Discovery. Does the Dream have a Snack Shack type area offering small lunch items? It seems to suggest the Terrace Grill does burgers and hot dogs during the day but I can't find any firm confirmation of that. My parents like to do the three course lunch in orion but that's too much for my waist line on an all inclusive cruise lol

Thanks

As above, no Snack Shack per se, but you can get fresh Burgers, Hot Dogs and Chips from the Terrace Grill on Deck 11 and there was another area on Deck 9 called Lido Grill that did Pizza, burgers, salad and ice cream.

They the burgers, hot dogs and chips seem to be made to order so expect a couple of mins wait (that was off season, so maybe in high season they make more to have sitting ready).  Pizza was almost always sitting ready.

In fairness, Lido and Sirens self service areas were open most of the time anyway and you could make up whatever snack type thing you fancied from there.  My wife made little mini hot dogs with cocktail sausages, mini rolls and apple sauce - kept her amused for ages.

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2019 at 12:51 PM, pgilc1 said:

You'll also be able to go to Sirens and Lido self service - lots of light options there where you can just lift what you fancy.

We don't actually want full meals though just snacks and as we're used to Explorer I was looking for the Dreams version of their snack shack. The buffets are usually a nightmare at lunch if all you want is one item

2 hours ago, thexluckyxduck said:

We don't actually want full meals though just snacks and as we're used to Explorer I was looking for the Dreams version of their snack shack. The buffets are usually a nightmare at lunch if all you want is one item

The grill on deck 11 is about the nearest to snack shack type food there was always burgers and hot dogs and pizza, also there was usually some type of show cooking going on like Indian or Chinese or BBQ.

What I didn’t see on offer was ready made sandwiches,wraps and fruit pots which were available on Explorer 1.

Dream is an old ship in the Marella fleet, as Discovery and Explorer are new and had extensive makeovers these new venues got added.Also they are bigger ships and can accommodate these venues. You won't find them on the Dream or Celebration. When they get replaced with the larger ships then you will, but if it is a venue you 'need' then book a DIscovery or Explorer class ship.

On 9/7/2019 at 1:13 PM, thexluckyxduck said:

I can see where your coming from however depending what you want then deck 9 not only has the grill but also outside salad/ pasta station which I found never busy as we always eat between 12 and 1 and you just help yourself. 

3 hours ago, SausPud said:

Dream is an old ship in the Marella fleet, as Discovery and Explorer are new and had extensive makeovers these new venues got added.Also they are bigger ships and can accommodate these venues. You won't find them on the Dream or Celebration. When they get replaced with the larger ships then you will, but if it is a venue you 'need' then book a DIscovery or Explorer class ship.

SausPud there is always an alternative and easy way to get a snack. I read your posts and know you love the Dream as much as everyone including me come on glass half full ( especially when on the AI ) 😂😂😂