$50 shore Ext credit

dpepper64

6 minutes ago, dpepper64 said:

When do you get credit   when you book and pay or when you get on ship and get OB credit?

2 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

You don't get the credit until after you have taken the shore excursion.  

You don't get the credit until after you've taken the shore excursion, but when you have the credit you can actually book in advance without paying. You can't do that by booking on line but if you call the 800 number for shore excursion booking you can book without paying in advance. The cost of any excursion booked that way will be charged to your on board account and you'll receive the $50 credit after you take the excursion.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

You don't get the credit until after you've taken the shore excursion, but when you have the credit you can actually book in advance without paying. You can't do that by booking on line but if you call the 800 number for shore excursion booking you can book without paying in advance. The cost of any excursion booked that way will be charged to your on board account and you'll receive the $50 credit after you take the excursion.

Yes, good to point that out. 

I also recommend taking a screen shot of the excursion name and price before you call.  Unless something has changed recently, the email confirmation you will get after the telephonic booking won’t show the price. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Yes, good to point that out. 

I also recommend taking a screen shot of the excursion name and price before you call.  Unless something has changed recently, the email confirmation you will get after the telephonic booking won’t show the price. 

I'm glad you suggested that because I swear I was charged more than what I remember I had booked an excursion for when I called them when I got my printout.  I had wanted to use obc for the excursion.  Also if you are entitled to the 10% Latitudes discount check that too - I had to wait in line a long time to get credit for that!  Can I presume when you do show the higher price (if they jack it up once you are on the ship and take the excursion) they will credit you?

11 minutes ago, ddlb said:

I'm glad you suggested that because I swear I was charged more than what I remember I had booked an excursion for when I called them when I got my printout.  I had wanted to use obc for the excursion.  Also if you are entitled to the 10% Latitudes discount check that too - I had to wait in line a long time to get credit for that!  Can I presume when you do show the higher price (if they jack it up once you are on the ship and take the excursion) they will credit you?

When I asked the shorex phone reps about this, I was told that the price you should be charged on board is the price at the time of the telephone booking, so I do believe there should be a credit if they charge you more on board.

I don’t know what’s supposed to happen in terms of process to get the Latitudes discount applied.  Can anyone who has experience with this reply?  Thanks!

Edited by Turtles06

4 minutes ago, Maleficent's Dad said:

Somewhat related question about the shore excursion credit - it’s $50 per room per port.  But say that in port #1, we don’t use the credit, can we then apply the unused money towards port #2?  This way we have $100 for port #2 instead of $50.

TIA

Nope use it or lose it port #1.

16 minutes ago, Maleficent's Dad said:

Somewhat related question about the shore excursion credit - it’s $50 per room per port.  But say that in port #1, we don’t use the credit, can we then apply the unused money towards port #2?  This way we have $100 for port #2 instead of $50.

TIA

Read up on the T&Cs to fully understand what this promo entails..  Bermuda is the exception concerning "per port" as you still get $50 "per day" (not to be combined) 

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

20 minutes ago, Maleficent's Dad said:

TIA

14 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

Nope use it or lose it port #1.

Exactly, Oakman.

Folks, the Terms and Conditions document for these promos on NCL’s web site is a good first place to look for the answers to this and other questions about them. 

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

The T and C link is usually at the bottom of the promos page. 

Edited by Turtles06

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

When I asked the shorex phone reps about this, I was told that the price you should be charged on board is the price at the time of the telephone booking, so I do believe there should be a credit if they charge you more on board.

I don’t know what’s supposed to happen in terms of process to get the Latitudes discount applied.  Can anyone who has experience with this reply?  Thanks!

Hi Judith,

Last year on 15 night Bliss from MIA to LA, we had the shorex credit.  For a couple of the excursions, the Platinum Plus discount was reflected right on line in some cases but I do remember calling to make some reservations and the agent gave me the price with the discount.

We also did some bookings onboard at the shorex desk.  Again, we were given the discount.

No matter which way, the next day the $50 shorex credit per port per cabin did show up.  I recall there were a lot of entries on the folio so I stopped by the desk for a little clarification but it was all good.

We like smaller private CC arranged tours especially with friends who form a group, often with $ savings but we were thoroughly satisfied with using the latitudes discount plus credit.  It gave us some flexibility as I recall in Puerto Quetzal DH went off to Antigua City, Guatemala (which I had done previously) while I chose Baul and Democracia village excursions.  Of course, the $50 credit gets applied only once.  We were impressed by the scope and variety of shorex offered and fortunately lucked out by having respectful groups who did not dawdle and hold up the group.

Then last fall I went on Breakaway repo from NYC to NOLA solo and so had the whole $50 to myself.😉  I think I made all my bookings onboard after asking questions and submitting the form.  Discount taken off the top and the next day credit reflected.  Very smooth process.  Our roll call did not organize much so going with NCL was perfect and I had a real sense of safety traveling alone.  

Booked next year's Epic TA and again we will have the perk.  If you two switch from Jade TA to Spring 2020 Epic TA we can compare notes using the perk!!😊  Would be nice to sail with you again!

Also they did and do often add new excursions once onboard or open up another slot so if you see "sold out" it's always worth a second look.  

Always enjoy your posts.  You contribute a lot of helpful info.  Enjoy the rest of your Summer!

15 minutes ago, snorklinbarb said:

Booked next year's Epic TA and again we will have the perk.  If you two switch from Jade TA to Spring 2020 Epic TA we can compare notes using the perk!!😊  Would be nice to sail with you again!

Thank you, it would!  (And thanks for all the kind words.)  But we love those fall TAs, and in any event are finally getting to do a "tulip time" river cruise in the Netherlands and Belgium next spring.  🙂

Thanks for all the info on using the shorex perk.  I will have to remember to mention the Latitudes discount when I call, and hope they can just apply it over the phone.   We'll see... 

Enjoy your trips and the rest of the summer!

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

My experience last year on the Gem was that the telephone shore excursion desk correctly quoted the discounted Latitudes price, but when the charges showed up on my on board bill they were not discounted. I had to go to the shore excursion desk and inform them that I was entitled to the discount, at which time they corrected the price. I have no idea why this happened. When I asked at the desk the representative said that the records forwarded from the corporate office didn't reflect the discount. I'm not sure I believe that.

10 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

My experience last year on the Gem was that the telephone shore excursion desk correctly quoted the discounted Latitudes price, but when the charges showed up on my on board bill they were not discounted. I had to go to the shore excursion desk and inform them that I was entitled to the discount, at which time they corrected the price. I have no idea why this happened. When I asked at the desk the representative said that the records forwarded from the corporate office didn't reflect the discount. I'm not sure I believe that.

Argh.  Thanks for this info.  I hope they do a better job on the Gem this time around!   The last thing anyone wants to do is make needless trips to the shorex desk or Guest Services.  

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

Argh.  Thanks for this info.  I hope they do a better job on the Gem this time around!   The last thing anyone wants to do is make needless trips to the shorex desk or Guest Services.  

It was a real pain having to do it because the lines can get very long when the ship visits so many ports . I hope they have it squared away by now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dpepper64 said:

When do you get credit   when you book and pay or when you get on ship and get OB credit?

After you have taken the shore excursion. If you don't take a shore excursion you don't get the credit.

I used to call and they would basically reserve the shore excursion for me and we would pay once on board.  However, last time I tried that, they said they did not do that anymore.  But, when I booked on-line, I received my latitudes credit, but paid full price otherwise (as you have to pay when you check out)...  After my shore ex, I received the $50 as OBC.  This works fine for us, as we usually have considerable charges on our folio from spa, etc.  If you would not be planning to spending anything on the ship, that would be a different story.

30 minutes ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

I used to call and they would basically reserve the shore excursion for me and we would pay once on board.  However, last time I tried that, they said they did not do that anymore.  But, when I booked on-line, I received my latitudes credit, but paid full price otherwise (as you have to pay when you check out)...  After my shore ex, I received the $50 as OBC.  This works fine for us, as we usually have considerable charges on our folio from spa, etc.  If you would not be planning to spending anything on the ship, that would be a different story.

Just curious...how long a go was it when you were told that they don't do that any more. I realize that NCL's website isn't always accurate, but the terms and conditions for that promotion still say that that the shore excursion credit can be redeemed by calling the toll free number or booking on board.

• Like 1