Harmony Aug 4, 2019 - We're not on Empress anymore.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I did. It just moves to the next word!

Had a strange experience on my computer yesterday where I could only select a couple of letters with my mouse.  I could double click and select a word, but couldn't click and drag to select a sentence.  I refreshed the web browser and it started working.    Not sure if that works on a phone browser or Tapatalk, but try refreshing.  Actually, not even sure this quoting method works with Tapatalk since I do everything in a browser.

2 hours ago, venicia said:

Prayers have been going out since this was reported.  I think I saw that Savannah has also placed boats in the search & rescue effort.  

Savannah native. Can confirm. They've deployed helicopters from the USCG station here at Hunter Army Airfield. 

EDITED to add Savannah Fire Rescue and several civilian boats joined the search as well. Generally the same groups we see deploy after hurricanes around here. 

Edited by booplesnoople
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Had a strange experience on my computer yesterday where I could only select a couple of letters with my mouse.  I could double click and select a word, but couldn't click and drag to select a sentence.  I refreshed the web browser and it started working.    Not sure if that works on a phone browser or Tapatalk, but try refreshing.  Actually, not even sure this quoting method works with Tapatalk since I do everything in a browser.

I’m thinking maybe it only works on a pc. 

(And Android phones)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Apologies for not updating Day 3 last night. The VOOM was wonky last night.

Wondered where you were. Rocket Launch this morning is still go. 

Hope Laura is feeling better. 

Had many issues with WiFi on Harmony. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

32 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Thanks, Rory!  I have it up on my screen now.  Night launches are usually visible from Miami but not day launches.  

I had many issues with WiFi on Harmony on all devices and slow connections.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It's $8, yesterday was WooWoo, but I don't see one for today.  I'll look thru the Compasses and get back with you

Odd, but it's not published in the compass.  Day 4 was Caribbean Sling, and I'm told that Day 1 was Royal Lemonade.  The barkeep seemed confused about what was the drink for Day 2.  The price seems consistent at $8

20190806_071313.thumb.jpg.fac386aa82102687fb5c22699340cad5.jpg

Tuesday - Day 3 - At Sea

20190819_220025.thumb.jpg.13f89e636db1bc3f812a7c1ee8dac3ac.jpg

WJ says Ceviche, but they will also have Mongolian Grill

20190819_220005.thumb.jpg.6cbaafaca896a4b72fb6fe67a48ecd6f.jpg

I think Clark Kent is cutting up the watermelon in CK

20190820_095322.thumb.jpg.973cd28744900dcf305bd471e8849063.jpg

Laura didn't sleep much due to coughing, but she is much better now, so she went up to SL for tea around 6am.

When she came back, our outward swinging door didn't latch.  It happens a lot it seems. Anyway, I opened the slider to check the weather, and a tornado blew thru the room when our cabin door blew open. 

Half the cabin blew into the hall.  Mad dash to retrieve everything. I got blamed for opening the slider, but was it really my fault? I think not. But I didn't argue since she wasn't feeling well. 

Breakfast in CK, played some Rummy in SL, then down to cabin to change for the Top Tier / Welcome Back event.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I was hoping they would delay it till next week.  😥

Glad it went well.🚀

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

4 hours ago, Andy C said:

I had many issues with WiFi on Harmony on all devices and slow connections.  

It's been pretty good up until last night

• Like 1

I just want to clarify this before I switch to My Time; Jr Suites for sure on Harmony check in for My Time dining on the left side with Suites?

So we hopefully could show up at 5:30 and not have to wait?

i can’t stand for more than 5 minutes, so have never tried anything but traditional fixed dining. 

Thanks for all your helpful info. 

Ran into the Pop Up Piano Player on the way to the event.  He was there as well two weeks ago. I've only seen him on the elevator once so far.

20190820_123255.thumb.jpg.2404f3af5ecb8d2bcae5ed81c455a44d.jpg

Captain Johnny, the CD, and Julia the Revenue Manager.  We haven't sailed with CJ since he was on Mariner in PC 11 years ago

20190820_123314.thumb.jpg.fd6635652bf3e5d86fedf489431583c5.jpg

Looks like a couple of New Pinnacles this week.

20190820_123328.thumb.jpg.0c728f8fb81e97e0652a4f76bed1fc7d.jpg

Nope, turns out the blocks are for Milestone events. Both are for the 1050 level.  Free Cruise 🛳️😀

We were not in a good position to take a picture, but this is Alysia and Kent Krueger.  Probably misspelled it, sorry.

They are from Phoenix20190820_123549.thumb.jpg.d7a3a3cb0d5ddb5a41dcea846939af3b.jpg

I think Kent sees me. 

20190820_123609.thumb.jpg.5cb073a6cc39320d3769073b6ea27705.jpg

Since this was a Welcome Party, the entire ship was invited for free drinks.  This seems new. It still was not very well attended.  That's a shame, we had a little preview of the Dive show later in the week.  And free cocktails. 🍹

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

WJ says Ceviche, but they will also have Mongolian Grill

20190819_220005.thumb.jpg.6cbaafaca896a4b72fb6fe67a48ecd6f.jpg

John, if I missed this I apologize but it looks like they are doing early seating in all 3 restaurants and then starting MTD after the first seating is done.

I guess that would allow them to seat more people for early seating.

3 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I just want to clarify this before I switch to My Time; Jr Suites for sure on Harmony check in for My Time dining on the left side with Suites?

So we hopefully could show up at 5:30 and not have to wait?

i can’t stand for more than 5 minutes, so have never tried anything but traditional fixed dining. 

Thanks for all your helpful info. 

Well it's on the right side as you walk into American Icon, which is the Port/Left side of the ship. 

However, MTD doesn't start until 6:30. They use American Icon for one round of Early Seating at 5pm. Oasis never did that.

Remember to go the back podium.  JS qualifies for that service. They should seat you right away, but there are seats back there if you need to sit down

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

John, if I missed this I apologize but it looks like they are doing early seating in all 3 restaurants and then starting MTD after the first seating is done.

I guess that would allow them to seat more people for early seating.

Yes, it's odd.  The Maitre D tried to explain it to me.  He says the MDR on Harmony is smaller than Oasis/Allure and they need an extra fixed time dining slot.

If you go to the Group Sales/Charter web page I think it lists MDR capacity if you want to verify

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

But, with that timing, looks like unlike any other ship, you might get a D drink during second seating (assuming DL HH is 4:30-8).

Yes, Happy Hour is 4:30 - 8:00

Might is the key word😉

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Well it's on the right side as you walk into American Icon, which is the Port/Left side of the ship. 

However, MTD doesn't start until 6:30. They use American Icon for one round of Early Seating at 5pm. Oasis never did that.

Remember to go the back podium.  JS qualifies for that service. They should seat you right away, but there are seats back there if you need to sit down

Got it...right side back podium. 

I’ll see if I can switch. Not sailing till March 39, dapper we should be ok. 

Hopefully 6:30 will work to get to the shows in time to get decent seats. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1