Inconsistent application of US to CDN dollar exchange rate

Lisa,

As noted by others on the main Celebrity board there are several instances of variances when comparing cruise fares in Canadian  vs. U.S. dollars.

In doing a  sampling today I found that the exchange rate can vary between cabin types on the same cruise and between different cruises. While one can appreciate that the exchange rate will vary according to the market you should expect the application at any given point in time to be consistent across the board. Is there any explanation for these variances?

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your question- I wish I had a better answer but as you know, we do not have any influence over the exchange rate and variance from country to country as this varies from day to day.  But I do appreciate your asking! 

6 minutes ago, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said:

Thanks for your question- I wish I had a better answer but as you know, we do not have any influence over the exchange rate and variance from country to country as this varies from day to day.  But I do appreciate your asking! 

So why not go with it’s the $ rate that posted day, instead of fixed $1.42 which is inflated.

Edited by If only
  • Like 1

Agree with If only... the issue is NOT your control over exchange rates but that fact that the current exchange rate being used is significantly above the actual rate.  I recently booked the Equinox and even the inclusion of my banks processing fee to change $CDN into $US I saved over $400 (almost 10%!!!) by booking in $US and allowing my credit card/bank to do the conversion.  It has NOT been like that in the past. 

Edited by RickT

2 minutes ago, RickT said:

Agree with If only... the issue is NOT your control over exchange rates but that fact that the current exchange rate being used is significantly above the actual rate.  I recently booked the Equinox and even the inclusion of my banks processing fee to change $CDN into $US I saved over $400 (almost 10%!!!).

They use the daily rate for the OBC so why not the cruise itself.

2 hours ago, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said:

I understand that, however, you really did not answer the question. Which is that Celebrity's application of the exchange rate at any point in time varies between cabin classes on the SAME cruise or between different cruises. Why?