Crown Princess questions

austenfiend

We're traveling next month and have the following questions -

1) Is there only one power outlet in the room (by the desk perhaps)?  Is it 220 or 110?  I know there is one in the bathroom, but I'm wondering about plugging in all our electronics.

2) Can suitcases go under the bed?  I did the virtual tour of the balcony cabins and it looks like the closet is just an open area.  Once you hang up your clothes, there's not much room left.

3) Are there saunas?  I'm assuming you have to pay to use them.  How does that work?

Thank you, in advance, for any help you can provide.

1)There is only one outlet that's by the desk. I know it takes 110v plugs, maybe 220 also (don't have anything with that so don't pay attention)? The one in the bathroom is supposed to be only used for shavers, not higher-voltage things. I have plugged a low watt nightlight in there without a problem. There are lots of threads re power strips & extension cords, just make sure it doesn't have surge protection. 

2) Our suitcases (25") have always fit under the bed just fine. 

You don't say what cabin type you are in.

There is an outlet at the desk.

Bathroom outlet is for shavers/electric toothbrushes/nightlight etc only.

Yes suitcases will fit under the bed, if there has been an issue we just lift the bed up a little and slide them under.

Just take a multi-plug type. There is one with 3 pigtails (a very short extension cord looking type) at the end works well and shows staff checking that there is nothing enclosed that could be confused with a surge protecter.

There are also multi USB chargers with one AC plug to power it that work well.

The closet will fit a lot of clothes. If you need more hangers just ask Stewart.

There is a dual 110VAC outlet by the desk.  The 110vac outlets will accept 3 pronged plugs but they are very close together and usually only one is accessible since it blocks the other one. In the bathroom is a very low current two pronged 110vac outlet for your shaver, toothbrush, etc.  Photos below. 

Suitcases go under the bed unless you bring a very large one which will not fit.  We have medium sized suitcases since they will be under the airline 50 lb limit when packed reasonably.  If you bring a large suitcase, you will have to find somewhere else to put it.  For example this suitcase will work https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/121975?page=sportsman-s-spinner-pullman-medium&bc=50-516673&feat=516673-GN1&csp=f&gnrefine=1*BRAND*L.L.Bean 

The Crown has outside hot tubs, a small outside pool, steam rooms and dry saunas  in the Lotus Spa/Fitness area on the Sun deck (deck 16) and they are free to all pax.  The Lotus Spa/Fitness area is adult only.  The steam room and dry sauna are located in the male and female restroom.

The newer royal class ships have their Lotus Spa area in a different location and you have to pay to enter.  So the Royal, Regal, Majestic, etc are all royal class ships.  

P6050002.JPG

P6050003.JPG

If your suitcase is 10" deep it will fit under the bed.

The closets are 6 feet long and fit lots. Suitcases can also be stored in the back section.

There is also a wardrobe which has the cabin safe plus I think 5 shelves.

Like others have mentioned bring a short extension with multiple plugs. Extensions with a surge protector are NOT permitted. 

9 hours ago, austenfiend said:

We're traveling next month and have the following questions -

1) Is there only one power outlet in the room (by the desk perhaps)?  Is it 220 or 110?  I know there is one in the bathroom, but I'm wondering about plugging in all our electronics.

2) Can suitcases go under the bed?  I did the virtual tour of the balcony cabins and it looks like the closet is just an open area.  Once you hang up your clothes, there's not much room left.

3) Are there saunas?  I'm assuming you have to pay to use them.  How does that work?

Thank you, in advance, for any help you can provide.

110 only.  Bring several extension cords.  Not with surge protectors.   Bring short to long ones.   I bring 6ft, 12 ft. and 30 ft. extension cords. Bring several 4 in 1 adapter plugs.

suitcase fits under bed.

pay for sauna.   Best price is on first day.  Take the spa tour.  Buy the spa package.  

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

6 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

110 only.  Bring several extension cords.  Not with surge protectors.   Bring short to long ones.   I bring 6ft, 12 ft. and 30 ft. extension cords. Bring several 4 in 1 adapter plugs.

suitcase fits under bed.

pay for sauna.   Best price is on first day.  Take the spa tour.  Buy the spa package.  

Enjoy your cruise.

There is no charge for sauna use on the Crown Princess. The sauna is free to all passengers and is located on deck 16 forward next to the Lotus Spa Pool.

There is a charge for the Thermal Suite which is part of the spa.

• Like 2