Last questions before our trip (I hope..LOL)

fedexretiree

1.  Can you catch a cab to get to Teahatea Beach in Fakarava and how far from the pier is it?

2.   Are all the beaches in Moorea public?   We are renting a car in Moorea and  wondered  if we can go to the Hilton to snorkel with out getting a day pass.  We won't use any of the hotel facilities.  Or is there a good beach that someone can recommend that has great snorkeling without too much current?

3.  On the day we rent a car in  Moorea we are going to do an island tour as well but also thinking about going to Lagoonarium.  Is that worth it or will we use up too much time going there  ?

4.  In Moorea how long would it take us to do a driving tour around the island?   We typically take a look and move on.  

5.  We will be in Rangiroa from 12-5pm and have scheduled the PG ship tour called "Snorkeling the Aquarium"  is this a good tour or can you recommend another independent tour company.  I looked at several and since 

Thanks in advance for any help here...

13 hours ago, fedexretiree said:

1.  Can you catch a cab to get to Teahatea Beach in Fakarava and how far from the pier is it?

No  ..... no taxi there, only way is by boat.

2.   Are all the beaches in Moorea public?   We are renting a car in Moorea and  wondered  if we can go to the Hilton to snorkel with out getting a day pass.  We won't use any of the hotel facilities.  Or is there a good beach that someone can recommend that has great snorkeling without too much current?

Technically all beaches are public but access is the tricky part. I wouldn't recommend  trying to do the Hil;ton without a day pass. The beach area is small and you will be noticed. 

3.  On the day we rent a car in  Moorea we are going to do an island tour as well but also thinking about going to Lagoonarium.  Is that worth it or will we use up too much time going there  ?

Lagoonarium is a gem, I'll be going there again next year.

4.  In Moorea how long would it take us to do a driving tour around the island?   We typically take a look and move on. 

2 - 4 hours depending on how many stops and how long before you 'move on' 

5.  We will be in Rangiroa from 12-5pm and have scheduled the PG ship tour called "Snorkeling the Aquarium"  is this a good tour or can you recommend another independent tour company.  I looked at several and since 

The ships's Aquarium tour is wonderful. Will there be a few private vendors at the dock? Maybe but I wouldn't chance it, your time is short on the PG and 90 - 120 minutes at the Aquarium is more than enough.

Thanks in advance for any help here...

GOPR0581_Moment.jpg

GOPR0581ja.jpg

GOPR1424.jpg

GOPR1434.jpg

Yes that is the PG in the background  ....

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

3 hours ago, fedexretiree said:

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP.  Its so hard to make sure that you do things right the 1st time because chances are we will not be able to do this trip again.  

One last suggestion? In Rangiroa you can do the Aquarium AND drift snorkel Tiputa Pass with The Six Passengers. They are primarily a dive shop that also does snorkel tours. Drift snorkeling there is a blast but you should have moderate snorkeling experience and be a decent swimmer. Whether or not the drift snorkel piece operates is dependent on the tides. The cost is 6000XPF or approximately $60. and runs 2 1/2 hours.

https://www.the6passengers.com/en/

21 hours ago, Petoonya said:

One last suggestion? In Rangiroa you can do the Aquarium AND drift snorkel Tiputa Pass with The Six Passengers. They are primarily a dive shop that also does snorkel tours. Drift snorkeling there is a blast but you should have moderate snorkeling experience and be a decent swimmer. Whether or not the drift snorkel piece operates is dependent on the tides. The cost is 6000XPF or approximately $60. and runs 2 1/2 hours.

https://www.the6passengers.com/en/

HI Petoonya...  Thanks for that info but I don't think we will have enough time to do both.  We are only there from 12-5pm and the ships Aquarium tour doesn't start until 1:00pm ...  

1 hour ago, fedexretiree said:

HI Petoonya...  Thanks for that info but I don't think we will have enough time to do both.  We are only there from 12-5pm and the ships Aquarium tour doesn't start until 1:00pm ...  

Fedex- Six Passengers does BOTH, the Aquarium and the drift snorkel in the 2.5 hours. Very nice people and wonderful guides, so you get much more at a better price. Six Passengers would have you leaving at 1pm and back at 3:30pm. You're never not in site of the ship on both parts of the tour so not far from the ship at all. If you are more comfortable in going with the ship better to do that, but if you want a little extra fun and a little extra time try The Six Passengers tour.

23 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Fedex- Six Passengers does BOTH, the Aquarium and the drift snorkel in the 2.5 hours. Very nice people and wonderful guides, so you get much more at a better price. Six Passengers would have you leaving at 1pm and back at 3:30pm. You're never not in site of the ship on both parts of the tour so not far from the ship at all. If you are more comfortable in going with the ship better to do that, but if you want a little extra fun and a little extra time try The Six Passengers tour.

WOW great will email them and see if they are available that day...THANKS SO MUCH