Electrical Adapter

bettyboop16

We were in Barcelona in October and the hotel had adapters to loan.   So if you're staying in a hotel, you might check to see if they have one you can borrow.   I suspect the adapters they have to loan out are from former tenants who left them in their rooms when they checked out  :)  

11 hours ago, bettyboop16 said:

Anyone who's been to Barcelona before, did you purchase an electrical adapter for your electronics? Two or three prong?

We bought this one through Amazon for about $40 to use in our hotel before and after the cruise.  Worked like a charm!  We did not need it on the ship. 

Foval Adapter.jpg

• Like 1

Don't forget to check the voltage of the appliance you are using.  Barcelona, like the rest of Europe is 220v.  

An adapter will allow a US plug fit a Euro socket, but it will not change the voltage.  

• Like 1

Most consumer electronic adapters (phone, laptop, electic toothbrushes, etc) are dual voltage which is marked on it (110-240). Small appliances like hair dryers, irons, battery charger, etc are more likely not but some can be.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2019 at 3:19 PM, VMax1700 said:

Don't forget to check the voltage of the appliance you are using.  Barcelona, like the rest of Europe is 220v.  

An adapter will allow a US plug fit a Euro socket, but it will not change the voltage.  

I found that out the hard way.  The crazy thing is, my hair appliance had the right voltage but I forgot to flip the button to it.  Grrrr!