Couch or bed during days

Jasonmom

As we have 3 people in our room on Breakaway the 3rd person, I guess, will be sleeping on the couch made into a bed.  Do they usually make this up into a couch each day?  If not, will they do it if we request it be made up?

On our cruises with 3 the sofa bed was a sofa during the day and bed at night. Now when we did a 2 bedroom suite they asked if we wanted the second bedroom changed from sofa to bed - we told our room steward that we preferred it to be left as a bed and they did.

• Like 1

Wow, it seems it's different for everyone, every trip.  I guess I'll ask for it to be changed to a sofa and hope for the best.  

Is this something that if we request be done and the steward doesn't then we go up the ladder to complain?

I would seek out your cabin steward the first day and let him/her know how you prefer to have it done.  Either left as a bed or changed back to a couch each day.  As they have a lot of new guests the first day, a gentle reminder the second day if it is not done to your request.  If on the third day it is not handled the way you want, then mention it to the housekeeping manager/supervisor.  At least that is how i personally would handle it.

Edited by Langham1865
  • Like 3

It does not take much effort on the part of the cabin steward to unfold/fold the convertible couch/bed.

The bedding stays in place even the pillow(s) in some cases.

It is best for everyone to move about the cabin when the bed is in the couch mode as well as the

cabin attendant to go about cleaning.

But whatever you require the method here is communication - coordination.

• Like 1

I would recommend converting back to a couch. With 3 in a room the extra seating space is very helpful.

We have generally had the 4 person cabins where our 3rd person used the loft bed and we never had the couch converted to a bed. This is our ideal layout for our family of 3 with an active teenage dude as he's also able to continue sleeping even when we're up earlier getting ready for our day. The loft is closed during the daytime cleaning and set up again during the evening turn down process.

On 8/5/2019 at 9:46 PM, keichman said:

Hmmm...we often travel 3 to a cabin, with our daughter, and the bed has always been converted back to a couch for during the day, and back to a bed for turn-down. We never asked one way or another.

That has also been our experience. 

18 hours ago, Isabella Benjamin said:

What I do is make up a list of things I need when I first get there and leave the list on the bed with a $20.

I have read in the past that some cabin stewards would take offense if you tip extra before the end of the cruise. It makes them feel that you have no confidence in them doing their job unless you pay them extra for it.

Just sayin'

Is this true??  We usually find a nice bartender in a bar we know we will frequent often on the first day, and give a $20 tip.  It has always gone over well, and we are given preferential treatment the entire cruise.  We have tipped others early as well, particularly if we have a wonderful server at dinner....

26 minutes ago, Snappykins said:

Is this true??  We usually find a nice bartender in a bar we know we will frequent often on the first day, and give a $20 tip.  It has always gone over well, and we are given preferential treatment the entire cruise.  We have tipped others early as well, particularly if we have a wonderful server at dinner....

Wrong post.

Sorry, I was responding to this post. 

3 hours ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

I have read in the past that some cabin stewards would take offense if you tip extra before the end of the cruise. It makes them feel that you have no confidence in them doing their job unless you pay them extra for it.

Just sayin'

1 hour ago, Snappykins said:

I am just surprised any cruise worker would take an early tip in a negative way.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2019 at 12:55 PM, Isabella Benjamin said:

What I do is make up a list of things I need when I first get there and leave the list on the bed with a $20.

This sounds like what we might do.

On 8/12/2019 at 7:20 AM, SouthLyonCruiser said:

Just sayin'

Ok.  Maybe not.

I've never heard this.  What is everyone's thoughts?