Current Escape Shows

VPMJ

Hello, I want to book shows on the Escape in November, but only After Midnight is bookable. Is the other main show The Choir of Man? It says book on board. Also, how long are they? Thanks!

The choir of man  is about an 90 minutes long but the show starts with people going on stage to get a free beer. After midnight has no plot and takes place at a 1930 jazz club If you like tap dancing and your over 60  you might like it I have walked out on this show 3 times.

2 hours ago, VPMJ said:

Hello, I want to book shows on the Escape in November, but only After Midnight is bookable. Is the other main show The Choir of Man? It says book on board. Also, how long are they? Thanks!

We are cruising the Escape in November to.  I called to asked a question about the shows and they booked me for Choir of Men.  At least it’s one less thing I have to do when we board.

• Like 2

We really enjoyed After Midnight.  Yep, I'm over 60 (eek!) but I am also a musical performer and valued the singers, dancers' incredible talent and the exceptional orchestra. Costumes were great too. No plot to this or to Choir of Man but in both cases the musical talent and presentations were top-notch.

If you go to the early shows, book an 8.30 or 9 pm dinner.

We booked Choir of Man by phone, too.... and once on board we booked it for a second night using the big screens scattered around the ship.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, waterjock said:

walked out on this show 3 times.

but you gave it a try and a again and a again 😀

i don´t like the show either. i don´t like the sort music

Edited by Steff79

I am well under 60 and enjoyed After Midnight. I found the music and dance routines very captivating. 

Choir of Man is fun. I was late to the second showing the final night of my last cruise so I missed about 20 minutes of it. CoM is pretty straightforward & entertaining with a thin plot but enjoyable performances. 

Then again, my fave show is still Priscilla on Epic. 😎

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gatorchinsky said:

We are cruising the Escape in November to.  I called to asked a question about the shows and they booked me for Choir of Men.  At least it’s one less thing I have to do when we board.

I saw that several people were successful with booking Choir of Man by calling NCL, so I followed suit. Now a full day later, and the reservation is not showing on my Vacation Summary online. Did you reservation show up with your other booked items online?  Thanks, Kathi

7 hours ago, keichman said:

I saw that several people were successful with booking Choir of Man by calling NCL, so I followed suit. Now a full day later, and the reservation is not showing on my Vacation Summary online. Did you reservation show up with your other booked items online?  Thanks, Kathi

It shows that something is booked but doesn’t say what it is.  My last cruise it did the same thing and we had no problems.

I called and spoke with a lovely lady who hooked me up.  She then sent me a confirmation email (to the address I have on file) showing my reservation.  When I check it in "My NCL" it is a garbled mess.  No sign of COM being booked on that night, but it looks like something may be there.  Good grief.   So...

I didn't know you could call to make a reservation even though it says "Please Book Onboard".  Who knew?  Apparently the info here is accurate.  Thanks!

🙂

Just got off the Escape yesterday. We booked both shows by going to the box office as soon as we boarded the ship. 

Both amazing shows! After Midnight is a broadway show that has awesome dancing and tapping! The singers/dancers are just absolutely breathtaking to watch! As far as it having “no plot”, it’s a dancing show, as long as you’re good with that, you’ll enjoy it! 

Choir of Man is a feel-good, hang at your local bar, musical. Not really a “plot” to this one either, but super enjoyable. The guys hung around outside the theater after the show and were fun to talk to! 

Shows on cruises are are my favorite and these 2 do NOT disappoint! 

We just got off the Escape yesterday.  Had a great time.  I was only able to book After Midnight prior to the cruise.  Choir of man was booked once we got on board. No problems at all in doing this.

We really enjoyed both shows.  Ended up chatting with the cast of Choir of Man at lunch one day.  Great groups of guys.