Holland America website problems

FrankieSue

I gave up trying to use the HAL website months ago, and I have no intention of trying again until I read reports on here that it has learned how to play nice with potential passengers.

Until then, I read about itineraries people post here about, or learn of some nice cruises from my friends, or get an idea in my head and have my TA check into it. And I have my TA do all the work for me, such as determining if cabins I would like are available, how much it will cost, and anything else I would want to use the HAL website for.

I've been having trouble off and on today.   If I am searching the cruises, the first time I apply the filters doesn't work, so I clear them out and then start over.  That seems to work.  But, when I pull up one I might be interested in, there is no information about cabins and prices, just a spinning circle of death.  

The other issue, which is a long standing one, is that you can not go easily between one booked cruise and another.  If you go from the first to the second, the second won't have all the information such as excursions, pre or post cruise travel, etc.  You have to log out and log back in and then go to the second booking to get all the information.  Major PITA.  

So, the website does not play well with booked customers, let alone potential ones.

HAL has absolutely the worse website. I always wonder if someone at the top has a son-in-law with a degree in anthropology running the department. 

It's so frustrating....and embarrassing. I would never recommend the site to any of my family or friends. 

I, too, am having trouble with the HAL website just now.  I was, after being asked to log in many times, able to view my booking and shore excursions, but could not look at any itineraries.  Very frustrating!  Glad it isn't just me.

Karen 

The sad thing is that HAL used to have an excellent site both for research and for booking. It's all glitchy and screwy now, 🤬. The site "upgrades" were an attempt to make it more modern so that it would work with mobile devices, etc., but it wasn't done right.

Maybe HAL should buy out one of the OTA cruise only companies who seem to be able to present a multitude of different ships and cruise lines in a concise easy to navigate website

.  It is inexcusable for a major corporation to have such a poorly designed website that cost them major $$ in lost direct bookings when potential clients give up in frustration and book with another line or allow a big box or similar OTA to snatch the booking and the 15% ++ commission that HAL pays these companies.

How/why this mess is allowed to continue month after month, year after year should be enough for some heads to roll in the IT department ....if they are incapable of doing it then buy out a company that can do it....you will save millions in commission expenses and lost bookings.

Due to maintenance, the website will at times be unavailable, including My Account, Online Check-In and booking cruises, shore excursions, dining and gifts. We apologize for any inconvenience.

This is currently showing on the website (euro version).  I sincerely hope that the are doing maintenance (and due diligence on the maintenance!) and it is not a 'catch-all' for the cr@p website that they have.  The statement (above) is just a true reflection of the ongoing status of their website.

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Due to maintenance, the website will at times be unavailable, including My Account, Online Check-In and booking cruises, shore excursions, dining and gifts. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Same message I'm getting here in Ohio.

4 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

This is currently showing on the website (euro version).  I sincerely hope that the are doing maintenance (and due diligence on the maintenance!) and it is not a 'catch-all' for the cr@p website that they have.  The statement (above) is just a true reflection of the ongoing status of their website.

At least they are finally acknowledging that there is a problem.  Nothing can be done on their website at the moment. 

I have 2 cruises booked, but my next one isn't scheduled until April...  I have an itch to book a short 7 day cruise to Mexico sometime in November, December or January to get me through :classic_biggrin: and now cannot even look up itineraries. :classic_sad:  This website problem is potentially costing them millions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taters said:

...  I have an itch to book a short 7 day cruise to Mexico sometime in November, December or January to get me through :classic_biggrin: and now cannot even look up itineraries. :classic_sad:  This website problem is potentially costing them millions.

I had no idea that fares on HAL's Mexican cruises had increased quite that much!!!  😂

Edited by avian777
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

HAL needs to hire IT people from Princess. I find that Princess has the easiest website to navigate. I really like how easy it is to find cruises on Princess and love the ability to get flight quotes without having to do a phony booking.

Yes, I agree.  Love using the Princess website.  I use Expedia and other cruise sites to see HALs cruise schedules.

47 minutes ago, RevNeal said:

Perhaps they're working on it ... I got this notice when I tried to sign in on HAL's site.  I managed to get in, but it's slow.

notice.jpg

They should just change the notice to "Due to incompetence...." and leave it permanently in place. Look at all the time they would save putting that up, taking it down, putting it up, taking....

(no, I'm not at all a cynic)

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, RuthC said:

They should just change the notice to "Due to incompetence...." and leave it permanently in place. Look at all the time they would save putting that up, taking it down, putting it up, taking....

(no, I'm not at all a cynic)

OMG this made me laugh so hard 😂

I just tried to get some info from the site and was pulling my hair out... until I remembered I saw this thread.

ugh

I just tried to look for a cruise and did not get very far.  I think this is the 3rd day that the site has been completely down.  HAL took the maintenance notice off the website yesterday, so I was hoping that all would be fixed, but it is not.  It's frustrating.  My husband, though, is grateful for HAL taking the option of me spending money away for the time being. :classic_tongue:

Well, I was able to sign in and check on my booked cruises, but if I try to send an email to my PCC or anyone at HAL, I get a message that the email failed because my email address is on the Customer Block list.  

Reason: There was an error delivering your message to (removed)
 The server responded with "550" - "550 5.7.1 Service unavailable, Client host  blocked using Customer Block list (AS16012607) [BL2NAM02FT047.eop-nam02.prod.protection.outlook.com]\r\n"

Anyone ever have this happen before?   I used another email address and was told I wasn't blocked because they received that email.   I tried to report it on the web site, but it wouldn't go through.