Can you get modifications at Guy's Burgers?

This September will be my first time sailing on a ship that has Guy's Burgers.  (My previous cruises had the regular burger grill.)  Now, the Guy's menu has the following items I'm most interested in: Pig Patty, with a patty made of ground-up bacon, and The Ringer, with an onion ring and barbecue sauce.  

Is it possible to have the onion ring added to the Pig Patty burger?  (Or conversely, the bacon patty added to The Ringer burger?)  Bacon and onion rings go well together.  Will the servers agree to make it for me?  Or are burger recipes set in stone, leaving me with a choice of one or the other?  (Or both, but I'd gain weight from just talking about it.)

Thanks in advance for answering.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

2 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

This September will be my first time sailing on a ship that has Guy's Burgers.  (My previous cruises had the regular burger grill.)  Now, the Guy's menu has the following items I'm most interested in: Pig Patty, with a patty made of ground-up bacon.

I believe that the Pig Patty is just a regular Guy's Burger with an additional topping of bacon that is circular in nature.  It's not an actual hamburger made up of ground up bacon.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I believe that the Pig Patty is just a regular Guy's Burger with an additional topping of bacon that is circular in nature.  It's not an actual hamburger made up of ground up bacon.

This is correct. The bacon on the Pig Patty is simply a piece of bacon (maybe two pieces) that have been formed into a circle. The servers simply place the bacon on top of the regular burger patty. Additionally there is a toppings bar for Guy’s burgers that also has cut up bacon that you could put on your burger. To answer your question, yes, the servers will put both an onion ring and a bacon “patty” on your burger if you ask them to.

Good explanation about the Pig Patty.  The menu description made it sound like it had a patty made of ground-up bacon.  Over-the-top descriptions are part of the Guy's brand, so maybe I misread it.

As for why they don't like putting on extra onion rings, it's most likely because the inventory is matched to the burger patties.  So if they pile them on for whoever asks, they run out and won't be able to serve The Ringers and Rojo Rings.

49 minutes ago, wms99 said:

As a big fan of Guy's burgers, we like to just get the plain jane, and then jazz it up on the toppings bar. You can add all the bacon and other stuff you want that way.

Count me as a Plain Jane kind of guy as well. Don't care for Guy, but love the burgers! 

Mustard, mayo, onions, tomato, shredded lettuce - just not too late in the afternoon, as the Steakhouse awaits!!

Tom

2 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

Good explanation about the Pig Patty.  The menu description made it sound like it had a patty made of ground-up bacon.  Over-the-top descriptions are part of the Guy's brand, so maybe I misread it.

Three of them...the Pig Patty, the Chilius Maximus, & the Ringer...start with the Straight Up burger as the base, then are built on top of that. So you have to be sure to count the burger of the Straight Up along with the other stuff. But yeah, calling the bacon that goes on top of it a "patty" is kind of misleading. Maybe they should call it a bacon disk? Bacon puck? LOL

15 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I can understand why the servers wouldn't want to use up all the onion rings. On the same note, is it that hard to fry up some more? I don't expect the onion rings come from anywhere other than a bag of them in a walk-in freezer. They're not hand-breading onion rings in the back, are they?

My guess would be that they only provision so much for a cruise. Space is limited so they don't want too many bags of onion rings, not to mention storing too many too long will just end up freezer burnt.

I’ve tried, but my ears are not that good and on some ships, like the Pride, Guys is right next to where the bands play by the pool. I can speak as loud as I can with any special requests or questions but I never know if they got it right, especially considering the language/accent barrier.  So I just order the ringer and I am happy with it.

20 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

Not to mention the extra fries, no fries, or fries only fiasco.

Uh oh. We are those people who order a big plate of JUST fries from Guy's around 4:00 every day. Sort of our mid afternoon snack to get us thru to dinner. 

April 2020 till I have a Guy's burger again. Come on Magic.

• Like 2

I know that you can order the Pig Patty without cheese, you just have to wait a few minutes for the special.

The Pig Patty is a few pieces of bacon cooked on top of each other in a circular shape, love it! Toppings bar is awesome, and there is a huge tub of fresh crumbled bacon to add there also.

We LOVE Guy's Burgers. While we miss the Mongolian Grill it replaced on the Inspiration, we can totally see why they did it: Guy's Burgers and the Blue Iguana cantina (which combine to take up the same space the Mongolian Grill used to occupy) can serve a lot more people a lot faster.

14 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

This September will be my first time sailing on a ship that has Guy's Burgers.  (My previous cruises had the regular burger grill.)  Now, the Guy's menu has the following items I'm most interested in: Pig Patty, with a patty made of ground-up bacon, and The Ringer, with an onion ring and barbecue sauce.  

Is it possible to have the onion ring added to the Pig Patty burger?  (Or conversely, the bacon patty added to The Ringer burger?)  Bacon and onion rings go well together.  Will the servers agree to make it for me?  Or are burger recipes set in stone, leaving me with a choice of one or the other?  (Or both, but I'd gain weight from just talking about it.)

Thanks in advance for answering.

Any way you want. I do not like them squashed and thin. They will always make me a thicker burger that ends nice and juicy. Double cheese also. Yum!

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I always ask for their most well done burger.   They always try to accommodate me.

I go to the other end of the spectrum, and they never have (accommodated me). Not that I expected them to!

Tom

40 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I believe there are regulations regarding cooked ground beef. I could be wrong.

No doubt that's what their lawyers suggest.. but it does not prevent them from serving Steak Tartare in the Steakhouse. 🙂

On Princess (our only sailing on that line) I was able to order a rare hamburger in the MDR for lunch... and boy, was it rare. On Celebrity I've 3 or 4 times ordered a rare burger at the Gastrobar - and they too can definitely deliver ! (overachievers actually)

GastroBar Burger Rare.jpg

GastroBar Burger.jpg

3 hours ago, 4133raw said:

Can you get an order of onion rings instead of fries with your burger?

I have tried that and generally you are lucky if you get an extra ring. I did ask the MD in charge of lido about why it is so hard to get extra onion rings and he had no idea and said we should be able to get extra, but apparently the people who run Guys Burgers on the ship do as they wish. 

• Like 1