Breakaway 11/30 Where to watch Ohio State beat that team up north.

Trex827

Where on the Breakaway is the best sports bar?  Best place to watch football. 

Will be heading to the nearest TV to watch "The Game".

What's the chance of being on the ship by 12:00 noon kickoff?

OH-

GO BUCKS!

• Like 1

The atrium is usually the only one with football in season.  Never seen Nascar, Baseball, or even American soccer on the ships we've been on.  And the bars just seem to only play European Soccer.
Maybe it's changed since we were on Breakaway in 2018.
I don't know about being on the ship, our only time from PC we were stuck in traffic and didn't get into the terminal until after 1pm.

Good luck with that. I've been fortunate a couple of times. Once on RCCL, I went by the tv studio to see if a Va. Tech/Miami game would be on that evening. To my amazement it was.

A couple of years ago, I asked the CD about getting March Madness. She didn't sound too hopeful, but sure enough they broadcast several of the games.

Last year on Escape, I asked the CD about a crucial Red Sox/Yankees series. No luck! Surprising since most of the pax were from the Northeast and sailing out of New York.

Don't get your hopes up.

Various games will be on the screens behind the bar at Maltings also.  I've been on Breakway 4 times and it's been hit or miss on important games... sometimes on sometimes not.

As far as 12:00... if you check in early and are part of the first group then noon is quite possible.  

Thanks for the bad news.  

We just booked on Monday.  I knew there was a chance I might be out of luck. 

Maybe I could stream with Wifi and youtube tv. ??? 

Edited by Trex827

College football on NCL ships is VERY hit-and-miss.  If you happen to spot a game it's usually because whatever channel you're viewing doesn't have soccer, rugby, Australian Rules/Irish rules rugby, etc. etc. lined up to be broadcast.  I believe they all have priority....🤔  lol

Seriously, however, I would imagine they'd broadcast the college Bowl Games around New Years Day or the Championship game in mid-January but a regular season game?  Sorry, I've never seen one.  And we usually cruise during the regular college football season.

In the 16 years or so we've cruised NCL they have greatly improved the selection of sporting events they carry.  I would LOVE to see them have a "real" sports bar with dozens of TVs with MANY different sporting events.  The satellite BW to carry that many different sports-related channels, however, would probably be quite pricey.  Well, one can wish!

In any event, hope you have a great cruise!