Dos vs other suites

gaabbee

@PeleNipsy Thanks!  That's great that you were able to find a way to make it happen again.  Sounds like your first trip was a ton of fun.  There are only 6 of us (the GV on the Dawn is maxed at 7) and for 2 it will be their first cruise.  Can you imagine that as your first cruise?  I have been in the GV's before and was aware of the service hallway.  In terms of the in and out of the common areas - other than the whole put out the fire in the steam room thing - why were they in and out so much?  I don't want to make it difficult for anyone to do their job; however; wouldn't be too keen on feeling like I should be prepared for people to walk in and out without notice.  After all a large part of the reason to book the space is to have privacy.  Btw...I did the Jewel last year for an Alaskan cruise and it was amazing!  Loved the Jewel and loved the cruise. 

@Nolanoel Would certainly be hard to top the GV for a first cruise!  My step-daughter has only been on one cruise, and we sailed in adjoining mini-suites.  (Her and my sister shared a cabin that adjoined my husband and I's cabin.  So our Alaska GV cruise will be only her second cruise.  We've showed her videos and she's starting to get excited. 

As for staff in the GV, it was still very private.  I think the concierge and butler get that you're going to be spending more time in the suite and were respectful of that.  But they'll also check on you there semi-regularly, and even if you don't ask for anything, they'll find something that you need.  Like the night we were playing cards, we told the butler that we were good and he came back with pretzels and other bar snacks for us.  Was a nice touch.  There's also staff assigned to the hot tub to check and clean it periodically.  Butler and/or room steward would also check on sodas, waters, juices, and ice that we had in the room.  It was a Caribbean cruise so we were doing a fair amount of drinking!  We also had the steam room and security incident with the guys, so that also increased the amount of staff in and out of the GV.

• Like 1