cabin near elevator

mamoune

Hi everyone!  I am about to book a cruise on the Carnival Legend and I have the choice between a premium balcony cabin or an extended balcony cabin.  The premium balcony cabin is somewhat larger than a regular balcony, both the cabin and the balcony. My only concern is that it is located directly in front of an elevator.  Will I be bothered by the elevator noise, should I choose another location and smaller cabin?  Your input is very much appreciated!

On 8/7/2019 at 1:37 PM, mamoune said:

Hi everyone!  I am about to book a cruise on the Carnival Legend and I have the choice between a premium balcony cabin or an extended balcony cabin. 

The premium balcony cabin is somewhat larger than a regular balcony, both the cabin and the balcony. My only concern is that it is located directly in front of an elevator. 

Will I be bothered by the elevator noise, should I choose another location and smaller cabin? 

Your input is very much appreciated!

WE have found that a cabin near the lift is much more convenient. 

And, no noise. 

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2F_QcnsW4KvaE%2Fhqdefault.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_QcnsW4KvaE&docid=WPJqvhMISWdpIM&tbnid=aL0F6qPxkgRdoM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwirmq3hoPbjAhWnl-AKHWb_BRsQMwhVKAIwAg..i&w=480&h=360&hl=en&bih=913&biw=1280&q=long hallway the shining&ved=0ahUKEwirmq3hoPbjAhWnl-AKHWb_BRsQMwhVKAIwAg&iact=mrc&uact=8

and no unnecessary long walks.😉

Edited by $hip$hape
  • Like 1

We’ve not been on the Carnival Legend but have had a cabin where the door opened to the foyer where the stairs and elevators were....never again!  

No problems from elevator noise but we found that people tend to congregate and visit once they got off the elevator, sometimes talking rather loudly and those with small kids, don’t get me started.  Enjoy your travel but please think of others, there are plenty of public spaces to chitchat.  This is only my opinion.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We've had the premium cabin on the Miracle which is a sister ship to the Legend and loved it.  We also have had cabins on two other cruises near the elevators and again, loved them. On my next cruise on the Conquest I again, picked a cabin near the elevators.  So convenient.

I'm with Suspaul.  Our last cruise was in a room that was right around the corner from the elevators (so close you could see our doorway when you stepped off).  During the day, if we were napping we could hear the elevators announcing the deck name and number, but it was faint and not really bothersome.  What WAS bothersome were the people that would stand right in the doorway to the elevator foyer at 11:30 at night talking and laughing loudly.  In the future, I wouldn't book a room right there again.  It was certainly convenient to the elevators, but I would book a room a few steps farther down the hall in either direction if possible. 

• 1 month later...

We have had a cabin that was near the elevator and stairs and we loved it. We do not spend a ton of time in our room and we are generally exhausted by the time we get there but being close to the elevator and stairs was convenient.  I do not remember ever thinking there was a lot of noise. 

On a whim we decided to do a last minute Cruise on Majesty of the Seas. Booked 3 days prior to sail and caught the last inside cabin. Deck 2 room 577. My first thought when the travel agent said it was right behind the elevators was "darn" its going to be noisy and annoying. It actually was not right behind the elevators but around the corner and it turned out to be great. No noise from the elevators, and bonus right around the corner from the elevators made finding the room a breeze. We are not "drinkers" and didn't do any beverage package. The biggest benefit I found from the close proximity to the elevators and being on the same end as the buffet although 10 floors down was two fold;  in the morning I am up early so getting out of the room I could shoot right up to the buffet grab a coffee and juice and walk right out on the pool deck or bring a cup of joe to the spouse. Bonus as we were on the bottom floor the elevator was never too packed when it hit our floor to jump in. No long hallways to wander down and since we were in a short alcove behind the stairs there was no "traffic" past our rooms in the evenings or daytime to speak of.  We enjoyed the cruise so much we booked a back to back and got off Majesty and drove to Miami and got right on Norwegian Sky for another 5 day trip. We were also around the corner from the elevators on the Sky in an inside room on the 8th floor. Again super easy access to the room, a short jot to the Pool/Buffet deck and no noise issues. I'm sold on close proximity to the elevators and INSIDE cabins and last minute bookings. No time to obsess about the trip or create expectations or do research and exceptionally affordable.  We just jumped on the ships and enjoyed the ride! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I like rooms bear the elevator because the 24 hour pizza and coffeeand tea my husband and I we take turns bringing back snacks to the room from watching movies on the television they have now. Having a little one being close to the elevator is ideal. 

Good for late night runs to food and coffee and tea.