Will they bring us tables to eat room service ?

Answer may seem obvious but I ask in relation to a specific context.

we are staying in a panoramic ocean view suite (1854) on Indy.  I understand we will be able to order from the MDR menu from room service.  However from seeing videos of our suite (for example https://youtu.be/RPBL_jIUe-U ),  it doesn’t appear that there are a lot of tables onto which our party of 6 could place the delivered food.  To avoid eating our meals on our laps , will they bring us any tables just so we can place our plates and trays on them?

and yes this is the epitome of a first world problem!

No, not that I've ever heard of or seen.   A lot of people use the coffee table or eat on their balcony, if they have one.  We never order room service, but have in the past when it was still free.  They will bring you tray (s) and that's it.

Edited by BND

We usually only snack with room service rather than getting full meals, but I can see where if they don’t bring a room service type cart that works as a table (and I don’t think that they do) it would be slightly more difficult. There isn’t a balcony in this suite so that won’t be an option, But on the positive side you have the best view onboard! 👍🏼 Enjoy!

Edited by AlohaLivin

2 hours ago, spookwife said:

no they do not bring tables.  you would  have to use the vanity.   also be advised that they bring everything at once  unless you order in  stages. 

Yes, we made that mistake when ordering from the MDR menu a couple years ago to celebrate a special occasion.  By the time we got to our entrees they were barely lukewarm.

15 minutes ago, serene56 said:

I can not imagine 6 people in one cabin trying to eat room service food.    (where would you even put a table ?)  

I really can’t either. They would have to pile all the covered plates up on the vanity and someone would have to sort them out and distribute them to everyone who would have to balance plates on their laps. Not a pleasant mealtime experience IMO. Oh, and then you have a big mess sitting there until someone comes to clean it up. No thanks. Maybe for two but not six. 

• Like 1

I’ve never been in a GS that had more than a coffee table and the peninsula unless you count the table out on the balcony. The only suite that has an inside dining table and chairs is an Owners Suite and some of the big Sky and Star Class suites on the O and Q class ships.  

In a JS or GS I would not advise trying to feed a big group. There is neither room nor facilities. 

You are correct after thinking about it but whether a peninsula or table it had 4 chairs to sit around so it would function as a table.  It will be fun to see the differences between the GLS and the Owners Loft suite which will be our room in 2020.

Our choice.  We are avoiding having to pack nicer clothes for formal night.  If room service was to work out we were hoping to still order from the MDR, but it’s sounding like it won’t.  I guess we will have to hit the Windjammer on formal night - not a big loss/

5 hours ago, peacefrogdog said:

Our choice.  We are avoiding having to pack nicer clothes for formal night.  If room service was to work out we were hoping to still order from the MDR, but it’s sounding like it won’t.  I guess we will have to hit the Windjammer on formal night - not a big loss/

Formal night is SO not "formal" any more. It's more like "come as you are."  🤨

So if that is your reason, you're in luck.  It won't be a problem.

• Like 2

Is this your first cruise?   Gone are the fancy tux and ball gowns of the formal nights.  Nice pants and shirts are all that is needed     Windjammer is a better choice to dine on formal night vs cramming 6 people in a room with room service 

• Like 1

Unless you are booked in a suite that has a dining table, you will have to resort to using the coffee table, vanity or lap.  Eating a "meal" in-cabin isn't all it's cracked up to be.  The larger, more expensive suites do have dining tables.

We sail in GSs. And even then, with just 2 of us, all we will do it one breakfast on the balcony.

And even that requires putting some things on the loungers and swapping on and off the table.

2 hours ago, serene56 said:

Is this your first cruise?   Gone are the fancy tux and ball gowns of the formal nights.  Nice pants and shirts are all that is needed     Windjammer is a better choice to dine on formal night vs cramming 6 people in a room with room service 

Partly true. On cruises in Europe in general, and out of Southampton in particular, still plenty of tuxes and gowns in evidence (about 50% at a rough guess). Much lower on cruises out of the US.

13 hours ago, peacefrogdog said:

On my Anthem cruise in June you wouldn't have known it was formal night by the way people were dressed. Saw everything from shorts to sports jackets worn by men. Women weren't all decked out like they were in the past either. For what it's worth the food on those nights aren't all that special anymore either. You may be better off in Windjammer.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1