Enchanted information

phabric

I'm not so sure about the next two builds mentioned.  Having never had any interest in sailing the Behemoths of the Seas, I am not sure I will want to sail on a Princess ship with over 4000.  We shall see as they say.  It all seems too much when multiple of these sail into little St Thomas.  I remember being in St Thomas many times as a land-based tourist and all the ships.  Those one were like Dinky Toys compared to a lot of the modern ones.

7 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

I remember when we first sailed into St. Thomas in the 80’s, we had to tender as our ship was ‘too big’ to dock.  It was the old SS Norway at a capacity of 1,944.  Interesting how cruising has changed over the years.  

I recall seeing that ship "parked" in the harbor on many January Wednesdays (we used to go down there every year for a week or so).  I also remember the first call of the Sovereign of the Seas.  It was the first "big" ship of its time - and the largest at sea - to sail into Charlotte Amalie and dock.  I recall how it towered over trees and such.  Today, it is gone from RCCL and is just another small old cruise ship - probably about right for a billionaire's yacht.

Edited by steelers36

3 hours ago, steelers36 said:

I recall seeing that ship "parked" in the harbor on many January Wednesdays (we used to go down there every year for a week or so).  I also remember the first call of the Sovereign of the Seas.  It was the first "big" ship of its time - and the largest at sea - to sail into Charlotte Amalie and dock.  I recall how it towered over trees and such.  Today, it is gone from RCCL and is just another small old cruise ship - probably about right for a billionaire's yacht.

it's now  the Rooney family yacht 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, FloaterBoat said:

Us too! See you then! Should be a blast

Nice to see someone else going on! Not sure what (if any) extra things will be going on, or to expect anything else? Probably just another cruise, however it will be nice that everything is brand spanking new. Just come off the Grand, and the balcony furniture was creaking and rotten lol.

6 hours ago, ian441672 said:

Nice to see someone else going on! Not sure what (if any) extra things will be going on, or to expect anything else? Probably just another cruise, however it will be nice that everything is brand spanking new. Just come off the Grand, and the balcony furniture was creaking and rotten lol.

Yikes.  That doesnt sound good at all.  Besides the balcony furniture, how was the cruise?  Where'd you sail?

I'm on CB in a couple months for a few weeks in the Caribbean.  Looking forward to that.

Edited by FloaterBoat

On 8/8/2019 at 12:52 AM, cherylandtk said:

I remember when we first sailed into St. Thomas in the 80’s, we had to tender as our ship was ‘too big’ to dock.  It was the old SS Norway at a capacity of 1,944.  Interesting how cruising has changed over the years.  

Our first cruise was on the Carnival Jubilee. That ship looked like the biggest thing on earth to us. 1486 passengers. How times do change.

On 8/9/2019 at 8:18 PM, FloaterBoat said:

Yikes.  That doesnt sound good at all.  Besides the balcony furniture, how was the cruise?  Where'd you sail?

I'm on CB in a couple months for a few weeks in the Caribbean.  Looking forward to that.

Alaska - overall it was a good cruise made mainly by the destination and scenery. We had a leaky roof in our room, someone was airlifted off as they were seriously ill, and we had to miss Juneau....notwithstanding this, we still (eventually, after the leak was fixed, 3 days in another room....long story and have posted already!) had a good cruise. Enjoy the Caribbean.