Book dining room reservations on the Edge

toronto guys

thank you. It would appear as though you can book specialty restaurants but it does not give the option to book regular dining rooms.  On the Edge there are 4 different regular dining restaurants which I thought you could reserve. I may have to call Celebrity. 

8 minutes ago, toronto guys said:

thank you. It would appear as though you can book specialty restaurants but it does not give the option to book regular dining rooms.  On the Edge there are 4 different regular dining restaurants which I thought you could reserve. I may have to call Celebrity. 

Do you have Select or Traditional Dining? If you have Traditional Dining you wouldn't be able to reserve restaurants. You probably know that, but just in case...🙂

1 minute ago, toronto guys said:

I spoke with Celebrity and you do not have to prebook regular dining room. They do not give you this option. Thank you for your responses

If you have traditional dining then you were given the correct information.  However if you have Select Dining you can book reservations for the dates, times and dining rooms should you want.  I have booked reservations for part of our Edge TA. Ext April.

Just now, toronto guys said:

I spoke with Celebrity and you do not have to prebook regular dining room. They do not give you this option. Thank you for your responses

You must have Traditional Dining (assigned either early or late dining at specific time) or it is too far out. I have Select Dining for a Jan cruise on the Edge and have been able to book all my MDR reservations on the Edge (open several months ago).

31 minutes ago, toronto guys said:

I would like to prebook Specialty restaurants but have found that once onboard you are sometimes able to negotiate a significant discount from their high prices.

That may be more difficult on the Edge. They were all sold out when we boarded in January (new ship with all new specialty restaurants that people wanted to try). They may have more availability now - maybe someone who has cruised on the Edge more recently will comment here.

Yes.. you are correct..With .assigned dining..you have the same time each night, and you will be assigned to one of the  4 mdrs.  You can try to  book elsewhere subject to availability..see your maite d.

Those with Select can  pre book res  at varying or same time in any of the 4 mdrs...or they can  just line up.

7 hours ago, toronto guys said:

You must have traditional dining?? I booked my Select dining choices for Feb 2019 as soon as we booked the cruise, about 1 month ago. 

Be aware that if you don NOT have Select dining, you cannot go around to the 4 dining rooms without making  special arrangements, so you don’t prebook.

8 hours ago, toronto guys said:

I would like to prebook Specialty restaurants but have found that once onboard you are sometimes able to negotiate a significant discount from their high prices.

They were offering a few slight discounts in July - I was able to get 20% off for a second night at Eden and I heard them offering the same for Rooftop Grill. I think Fine Cut was fully booked.

Wendy 

25 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

They were offering a few slight discounts in July - I was able to get 20% off for a second night at Eden and I heard them offering the same for Rooftop Grill. I think Fine Cut was fully booked.

Wendy 

Thanks, Wendy! Good to hear!

On 8/8/2019 at 7:46 AM, toronto guys said:

<<<just read you have traditional dining>>>>

My response for others with Choice dining:   My suggestion is to definitely prebook.   You do have to be on Choice dining and not traditional.  On our transatlantic in April/May I prebooked all of our nights spread across the four dining rooms.   We could come to the maitre d' and always be immediately seated.    Several nights those without reservations we being handed a "beeper" and told waits would be 20-40 minutes. 

We also found if we had a reservation but wanted to go early, never was a problem being seated immediately.

Joe

Edited by JoePDX

We were able to change our two staterooms from Late seating to Select Plus on the December 1 sailing on Edge. Looking forward to be able to try all four MDRs as we please!

We have the possibility of reserving a fixed time on a specific evening in either of the restaurants via Cruise Planner.

Edited by mikkelhansen