Issues with Allstate and AARP rewards

Bookworm1985

I know that AARP is redoing their rewards program, but until September we are supposed to be able to use our points. I still had 15,000+ points that I was purposely saving, but I logged in last night and had less the  5,000.  So I tried Allstate...it will not let me log in...it takes me to a page that says to enter in my information, but when I do my user name and password nothing happens. I also had more then 25,000 points, but it says I have less then 11,000 (I can see the points but when I click on redeem points it takes me to the log in screen that will not let me log on) I still need $700 in gift cards to pay off my cruise, so I was hoping on using one of these things to do it and save that $70. Has anyone else had any issues like this?

I just logged into both sites...

While my points have not changed, both sites are showing ZERO gift cards available in any category...nothing in travel, dining, entertainment, or shopping.

Hopefully, it's just some form of a glitch and not a cessation to the selling of the gift cards.

Garnett

I was able to log in to aarp yesterday and had the right amount of points and purchased 900 dollars worth of gift cards. But I just tried now and I got all my points back I used yesterday and it is showing no cards.  Thinking it is a glitch.

Edited by Nevada Jen

When logging in to Allstate it can be quirky. If you logged out recently and haven't closed your browser it will not log you in correctly. Sometimes it will ask for email address to locate your account. Look at top of screen hit the log out that is up there, close your browser and then retry to log in. This works for me. 

Actually the Allstate site will ask for your birth date to locate your account. At top right of screen click on log out, close your browser and then retry logging in. Neither Allstate or AARP are showing gift cards available right now. 

Edited by n6uqqq

33 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Actually the Allstate site will ask for your birth date to locate your account. At top right of screen click on log out, close your browser and then retry logging in. Neither Allstate or AARP are showing gift cards available right now. 

I tried this and it worked long enough for me to get a $500 gift card! I still need 1-2 more $100 ones, but at least I got the bulk of what I still needed. thanks for that tip! 

I'm able to log in to both, but I got a 404 error a couple times with Allstate before it finally logged in. All my points are still there. As for AARP, my points are there, but it was showing no cards available. I had to refresh and click around the site a few times before they finally popped in. I wish they'd "pop in" some e-cards.

13 hours ago, georgiB said:

So is our gift cards through aarp being discontinued after September? I have one more cruise to pay for with my points. 

I don't think anyone knows how the new program will be set up.

14 hours ago, the4dreamers said:

Are all AARP Carnival Gift cards maile? I previously received them via email.

Yeah, for the most part they’ve only had the physical cards for several months. I did see the e-cards in March, but they only lasted about a week and haven’t been back since.

13 hours ago, georgiB said:

So is our gift cards through aarp being discontinued after September? I have one more cruise to pay for with my points. 

We don’t know yet. The new program is supposed to have more stuff, so they say, but they haven’t specified what. I have high hopes that the Carnival cards will still be there because the same company that operates AARP’s rewards program also does Allstate’s too.