Carnival Paradise Questions

arubagirl07

We are a group of 3 ladies looking to book a 5 day cruise on the Paradise.  The questions we have are: 1) Is there an outside shower near the Serenity deck?  I know there is only 1 pool but it would be nice to have a cool shower occasionally.  2) What has been your experience with debarkation, how long, how early, etc?  We are looking to self debark as soon as possible. 3) Any tips or tricks you'd like to share?

Thank you guys in advance for any help you could possible give!!!  Have a great rest of the week!! 😃

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, arubagirl07 said:

We are a group of 3 ladies looking to book a 5 day cruise on the Paradise.  The questions we have are: 1) Is there an outside shower near the Serenity deck?  I know there is only 1 pool but it would be nice to have a cool shower occasionally.  2) What has been your experience with debarkation, how long, how early, etc?  We are looking to self debark as soon as possible. 3) Any tips or tricks you'd like to share?

Thank you guys in advance for any help you could possible give!!!  Have a great rest of the week!! 😃

Before the renovation we don't remember there being a shower there, but they had 2 jacuzzis. We haven't been on the Paradise since its renovation.

The door to the 'AC' buffet area is right there so you can cool down.

Debarkation is a mixed bag, can be really quick, or really long depending on Port security that day who don't work for Carnival!

Suggest you carry off your own luggage if you want to be near the front of the line! Self assist is called before those lower then Platinum who checked in their luggage the night before!

Hi,

I'm not sure about a shower in or near Serenity deck.

Debark is rather painless.  Self assist first, priority folks then by deck.  The last few cruises have been rather smooth.  We no longer do self-assist since we're in no rush to leave.  Last time self assist started around 7:30 am

We've done the 5 day several times and have enjoyed all.  Different excursions each time.  The only thing we had to watch for was show times vs dinner time.  Gets a little dicey if you have late seating. 

We enjoy the smaller ships plus it's close to home.  Nice getaway on the cheap.

Have a great cruise.  :)

I do remember seeing a shower near the hot tubs on the Serenity deck. 

We sailed on Paradise in February this year (and booked again Feb. 2020 and 2021!) and the debark was very smooth.   We had valet parking and self disembarkation and were on the road before 8am.

When we go on these February 5-day cruises, we generally don't eat in the MDR for dinner simply because this is our lazy, do whatever we want cruise.  (We take a longer one in the Fall and do eat in the MDR most nights).    We enjoy the buffet, Guy's, Blue Iguana, Deli, Pizza and eat when we want.  If we're hungry out of hours, we order room service - doesn't matter if there's a cost, it's relatively small and worth it.

The ship is lovely for one of the smaller vessels and the crew is so friendly and attentive.  The upgrade did add the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar and The Red Frog Rum Bar, which is nice and the waterworks which we don't really use.   There is always something to do and I find there is always somewhere to lounge during the day.    For me, personally, 2 downsides (which don't bother me enough not to keep booking her) - wish they had a steakhouse and wish they had dive-in movies.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

We have sailed on the Paradise 7 times and will sail on her again in 2 weeks. I don't use the Serenity Deck, so don't know about a shower. Embarkation and debark in Tampa is the best of all the ports we have sailed out of - lots of ports since the cruise this month will be our 50th. The ground crew is very helpful and efficient. When we debark, we are Platinums and our luggage is always in Zone 1 and we get off the ship early, we get a porter to haul our luggage and there is a special line for porters, so going through Immigration is very fast. Have never done self assist, so can't speak to that other than there are long lines at Immigration when we just sail through easily. We always do Valet parking and the porter takes our luggage right out to the curb where our car is brought. If you park in the ramp garage, it is a bit of a walk across the street. The Paradise is an older ship, but had nice upgrades last year in dry dock - Guy's Burger Joint, Red Frog Pub, and Blue Iguana Cantina. We have always found the Paradise crew to be very friendly and helpful. Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

We have only sailed on her once and debarkation was a nightmare.  They called for self debarkation, then P/D/FTTF all at once.  We got to a passageway and stopped.  We stood there for about fifteen minutes.  Then they let us off of the ship to a huge line that stretched all the way to the escalators.  We stood there for well over an hour.  Finally they let us go down the escalator only to find that the next area had all of the self debarkation people still waiting.  Only one customs agent showed up for work that day and one of the first passengers off  had to have their luggage inspected for some reason.  

Just as that agent was finished, a second agent showed up and the line finally started moving.  It was well after 10 am before we got to our luggage.  I don't know how often that happens but it does happen.  We were glad that we were staying another day before flying out to go home.

Does anyone know if the walls are metal in the cabins - will hold magnets ?

I know I recently sailed on a CCL ship that the magnets didn't stick  - but cant remember if it was the Paradise, the Miracle or the Fantasy -

I do love these smaller ships and the easy quick getaways - 

Thanks a bunch -