Live from Grand Princess, Roundtrip San Francisco, 14-24 August 2019

cougaraz

Okay everyone, thank you so much for your patience.  Hard to believe we have been home over a week.  I walked into the work buzz saw on Monday morning and it was a non-stop week for sure.  However, I promised more photos so here we go.

Breakfast from Thursday August 15th.

Breakfast Menu (The same everyday)

The special side of the Breakfast Menu (different everyday)

Mexican Omelet (made in the galley)

Ham and Cheese Omelet (made by Giovanni table-side)

IMG_E0029.JPG

2019-08-15_07-26-12_589.jpeg

2019-08-15_07-46-23_452.jpg

2019-08-15_07-43-33_267.jpg

Edited by cougaraz

Dinner 16 August

Dinner Menu

Crab and Monterey Jack Quiche

Duck and Pork Rillettes

French Onion Soup

Birthday Celebrations

Lobster Tail with Baked Potato

Shrimp and Polenta

The Princess Chocolate Celebration Dessert

Bananas and Pineapple Flambe

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

2019-08-16_21-08-38_030.jpg

IMG_0098.JPG

2019-08-16_20-52-29_066.jpg

IMG_0095.JPG

2019-08-16_20-31-22_341.jpg

IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

2019-08-16_19-58-12_149.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you for all the menu and food pics!  I have a question about tipping in club class.  If you tipped, did you tip separately to Giovanni and to each server?  I'm assuming you didn't have the same waiters at each meal.  We are so looking forward to being on the Grand October 13th!

Thanks,

Judy

5 minutes ago, judyjudy56 said:

Thank you for all the menu and food pics!  I have a question about tipping in club class.  If you tipped, did you tip separately to Giovanni and to each server?  I'm assuming you didn't have the same waiters at each meal.  We are so looking forward to being on the Grand October 13th!

Thanks,

Judy

Judy, obviously tipping is a very personal and sometime controversial decision.  For us, we chose to tip Giovanni and each of the servers.  We had different waiters at every meal, but over the course of ten days had a pretty even distribution among the team that was working in Club Class.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grover_ said:

Thank you for this wonderful thread.  I am booking a cruise on the Grand in December and I loved reading about your trip.

Do you remember if the Grand has “on demand” tv programming?

The Grand did not have on demand while we were onboard. However, we did receive a notice that there was a team onboard conducting installations to support future on demand TV onboard. I do not recall if they mentioned a date when it would be operational. 

Edited by cougaraz

Thank you so much for your review and for posting the menus and pictures.  My husband and I will be on the Grand tomorrow Sept. 3rd, for the same Alaska bound cruise.   This will be our first cruise as elites, we are hoping the mini bar setup is still available to trade for the coffee package. [ I was shocked to read on another thread that some guest sell the elite bathroom amenities on ebay].   Your comments, menus and pictures were so appreciated and made us even more excited to be sailing on the Grand tomorrow!    

• Like 1

9 hours ago, norcalcruzr said:

Thank you so much for your review and for posting the menus and pictures.  My husband and I will be on the Grand tomorrow Sept. 3rd, for the same Alaska bound cruise.   This will be our first cruise as elites, we are hoping the mini bar setup is still available to trade for the coffee package. [ I was shocked to read on another thread that some guest sell the elite bathroom amenities on ebay].   Your comments, menus and pictures were so appreciated and made us even more excited to be sailing on the Grand tomorrow!    

Have an awesome cruise!

We swapped our minibat setup for sparkling water as we weren't going t9 drink the alcohol offerings, but I didn't enquire about a coffee card. If you have time, could you please check back and let us know how it goes?

On 8/8/2019 at 10:57 AM, cougaraz said:

have a celebratory dinner at John's Grill and then embark the next morning.

Is the quality of the food still good at John's Grill?

By the way the Fog City Diner i is almost across the street from the cruise terminal in San Francisco.  The Fog City Diner is excellent but a bit pricey. When we go there we tend to sit at the short end of the counter. Best show in town watching the chefs cook and if they are in the mood chatting about food.