250-Minute Internet Purchase

FLAHAM

1 minute ago, Bootman4U said:

When is NCL going to make unlimited internet the usual thing like several of its competitors ALREADY do?

Our last two NCL cruises have both had unlimited Internet plans, and so does our next one.

Edited by RaiderDuck

Just got off of the Joy.  I had a 250 minute internet plan as a free perk. You could up grade to a unlimited plan. It was about $250 for the highest speed plan for a seven night cruise. They gave you $125 credit for the free 250 minutes so net cost to me was $125.

Not too bad for Seven days but not sure I would pay $250 cash for it.  The speed was ok to stream most of the time. Was able to watch YouTube and Amazon Prime videos with it.

2 hours ago, DLynnFunCruise said:

It's the slower (not streaming) speed. Also be aware that the package is for one device only. We had that package as one of our perks, with the idea of sharing minutes to check email once a day on our respective devices--but no. 

Couldn't you log off one device and log in with the same login and password on another device?

I don't know the answer so just trying to problem solve for others.

4 minutes ago, DLynnFunCruise said:

No you can't. The first device you login with is the one the counts and they can tell when you login from different devices even with the same credentials. You buy separate minutes for each device.

We sailed NCL for first time earlier this year. We had the free 250 package included which I used, then my husband purchased an extra unlimited plan for keeping up with work. When my plan ran out, concierge showed us how to log into the unlimited plan of my husbands....it just involved clearing the cache on my device since the log in would automatically go to the 250 that had expired. I believe it can be shared, it’s just an inconvenient use of time everyone checking their stuff back to back rather than doing it at same time. It seemed a fast enough speed, we didn’t have any lagging on videos etc. 

I do like that NCL will put a credit from the 250 plan towards upgrading to the unlimited, but this time around I’m calling and getting it done in advance so I can get the 15% pre cruise discount applied since I do find their pricing high compared to other cruise lines. Also, even in the Haven the line up to discuss doing the change took forever....lesson learned! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

Couldn't you log off one device and log in with the same login and password on another device?

I don't know the answer so just trying to problem solve for others.

You can, I shared it with another device on my last cruise.

• Like 1

Yes, you can register and use multiple devices, just one at a time, among users "sharing" access to that 250 minutes plan or other plans (including unlimited or social media.)  Just remember to logout each time, directions in the printed guide - available onboard at the iCafe with instructions.  

Each tme a user log in, a pop-up message will warn/caution that someone else/another device is logged in; and, if you proceed - the previous/last user will automatically get disconnected or signed out.

On a side note, NCL's plan is expensive relative to other cruiseline's satellite plan (Royal's Voom is considered best) - waiting to get feedback about Princess newest/fastest one ... and MSC provide about 4GB worth of "free" WiFi (... refer to their fine prints yada yada) 

IMG_20181102_142051738.jpg

IMG_20181102_142152730.jpg

IMG_20181102_142210436.jpg

IMG_20181102_142241136.jpg

IMG_20181102_142249693.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DLynnFunCruise said:

No you can't. The first device you login with is the one the counts and they can tell when you login from different devices even with the same credentials. You buy separate minutes for each device.

Yes, you can buy separate minutes or unlimited for each device, but it is more economical just share credentials among the devices.  You use the credentials to sign on to the internet, then use the typical user credential to log in to email, Facebook, banking, etc.   Not knowing about the ability to upgrade the 250 minute package we easily shared the log in credential among 3 smart phones and android tablet, a Fire, and a IPad (six devices 3 different users) through the week.   Just be sure to log off if you do not have the unlimited plan.    Next time ask someone else to work through sharing your minutes with others.   Heck, they do not even need to be in the same cabin.

15 hours ago, adam_s_allen said:

You can, I shared it with another device on my last cruise.

I just remembered that I used the internet cafe computer to check in for my flights.

Another option is for different people to use those computers to do what they need (so no need to worry about logging in and out on a phone).