Singapore hotel pre-cruise

krivweb

2 hours ago, krivweb said:

My apologies if this has been discussed before but would someone recommend a centrally located Singapore hotel to stay at pre-cruise?

What type of budget are you working with?

Pan Pacific has a good location and reasonable prices.

Our favorite in Singapore, but in a different price range, is the Andaz. 

We have also stayed at the Marina Bay Sands - checked the box and wouldn’t do it again. Big, impersonal, mass processing and a forest of selfie sticks in the pool.

Much prefer the Andaz it’s our #1.

Fullerton and Fullerton by the Bay are also good and classy hotels.

Here´s some comments and a video I posted about our last stay at the ANDAZ. 
We just booked again for February 2020. We´ll be on another Celebrity Asia cruise then.

Andaz Hotel Singapore - WOW, WOW, WOW...

After enjoying the renowned perfect service on board our Singapore Airlines flight to Singapore, we got there early in the morning and took the MRT to the Andaz Hotel Singapore. Wow - this hotel is beautiful!!! The Andaz Hotel is a concept by Hyatt. When you enter the hotel you notice right away that it is different. There is no traditional front desk in a lobby separating staff from guest when you check in. Here you enter a lounge and incredibly friendly people welcome you to a place that has kind of a “living room“ feeling to it. I can not describe it any other way... because you feel home, welcome and invited at the same time right away.

Everyone is super friendly and goes the extra mile to make you feel good. „Come have a complimentary beverage in the (very cosy) Sunroom lounge and don’t forget to join us for some complimentary wine during happy hour“ or „join us in our rooftop bar where you can enjoy gorgeous views while sipping on a drink from the bar“. Everyone of the young staff is very engaging and seems to love what they are doing... their genuine smiles are catching and we immediately loved the place.

We have been to many good hotels all over the world, but rarely has a place felt so „right“... luxury with heart and soul. I am not going to continue by raving about the beautiful room - just take a look at the photos 😉

The location is perfect. The Andaz is embedded within a luxury residential tower right in between Bugis and Kampong Glam. It sits on top of the Bugis MRT station and has a private elevator taking you right down into the MRT station. The food in the hotel is great, but the area around the hotel is filled with hundreds of restaurants. 

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2019 at 5:19 PM, krivweb said:

My apologies if this has been discussed before but would someone recommend a centrally located Singapore hotel to stay at pre-cruise?

We had friends stay at the Quincy Hotel and loved it. I just booked it for our 2 night pre-cruise for our February Cruise, the hotel is all inclusive, food drinks, mini bar, snacks, etc. The reviews are great and the price is excellent.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294265-d1235512-Reviews-Quincy_Hotel_by_Far_East_Hospitality-Singapore.html#REVIEWS

Edited by southernbreezes

2 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

We had friends stay at the Quincy Hotel and loved it. I just booked it for our 2 night pre-cruise for our February Cruise, the hotel is all inclusive, food drinks, mini bar, snacks, etc. The reviews are great and the price is excellent.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294265-d1235512-Reviews-Quincy_Hotel_by_Far_East_Hospitality-Singapore.html#REVIEWS

Glad you've booked your hotel but also hope you at least compared it to the Royal Plaza On Scott's Road...which is an amazing location and hotel.

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

Glad you've booked your hotel but also hope you at least compared it to the Royal Plaza On Scott's Road...which is an amazing location and hotel.

No I did not but just did thank you. It seems more of a budget hotel with a lower rating on TripAdvisor. Plus the Quincy has a open bar all day, meals all day, stocked mini bar in the room, all this adds up. Not that we plan on eating every meal there.

2 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

No I did not but just did thank you. It seems more of a budget hotel with a lower rating on TripAdvisor. Plus the Quincy has a open bar all day, meals all day, stocked mini bar in the room, all this adds up. Not that we plan on eating every meal there.

Really...that's interesting....it certainly didn't seem to us like a lower rated hotel and we usually stay in very upscale places. Thanks so much for responding .... I hope when you return you'll post about your experience with the Quincy.

Enjoy Singapore it's a favorite of ours and if you have time don't miss the night street BBQ at Lau Pa Sat...starts at 6:30pm when they close the street and put lots of tables out...best satay ever and the reason it's so popular !! Google to see what you don't want to miss.

15 hours ago, Ashland said:

Really...that's interesting....it certainly didn't seem to us like a lower rated hotel and we usually stay in very upscale places. Thanks so much for responding .... I hope when you return you'll post about your experience with the Quincy.

Enjoy Singapore it's a favorite of ours and if you have time don't miss the night street BBQ at Lau Pa Sat...starts at 6:30pm when they close the street and put lots of tables out...best satay ever and the reason it's so popular !! Google to see what you don't want to miss.

Thank you for the advise...I googled it and looks great something I will not miss. Thanks again!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2019 at 12:34 AM, Ashland said:

We loved the Royal Plaza on Scott's Road...perfect location.

What made that the perfect location for you? I need to make this decision as well.What made that the perfect location for you? I need to make this decision as well.

Royal plaza on Scott’s is on orchard street. Which is is a big shopping street. It is near the marina bay where the gardens are and Merlin. It is not far from Chinatown. It is very centrally located.  It had been refurbished this year and is upscaled  and gorgeous! Lots of good eateries nest ny as well as in the hotel. They have a great breakfast buffet as well. Excellent choice in my book... will be there in December!!!

ent704

Royal Plaza on Scott's is on Scotts Road not far from the Orchard Road junction with Scotts.

It it NOT near Marina Bay, China Town or the Merlion.

It is a 5 star hotel & was recently refurbished.  

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote for the Quincy. Have stayed there twice pre cruise. Great location.  Just off Orchard Road so handy for shopping. Metro etc but quiet. Great service, great rooms and all day good quality  food and free drinks in evening.  Good choice if you haven chosen this hotel. 

On 10/15/2019 at 6:44 AM, Edinburghgirl1 said:

Another vote for the Quincy. Have stayed there twice pre cruise. Great location.  Just off Orchard Road so handy for shopping. Metro etc but quiet. Great service, great rooms and all day good quality  food and free drinks in evening.  Good choice if you haven chosen this hotel. 

I get to Singapore a few times each year and, despite having loyalty to Hilton in most places around the world, I usually stay at the Quincy and always enjoy it. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 4:13 PM, Ashland said:

Hi Ashland, could you please email regarding Singapore, we will be cruising from there in April 2021, thanks Gay

Email: GLea472968 at aol dot com

• 1 month later...